Surprise Your Holiday Guests With These Scrumptious Vegan Blueberry Muffins, Sweetened With Brown Sugar And Topped With Sliced Almonds.
Surprise your holiday guests with these scrumptious vegan blueberry muffins, sweetened with brown sugar and topped with sliced almonds.
Surprise your holiday guests with these scrumptious vegan blueberry muffins, sweetened with brown sugar and topped with sliced almonds. Vegan Blueberry Almond Muffins
- 1 cup vanilla soymilk
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, thawed, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
More tasty vegan breakfast recipes!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a muffin pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together the soymilk and apple cider vinegar. Let sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes to make "buttermilk".
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and brown sugar.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the applesauce, vanilla and almond extracts, and buttermilk mixture.
- Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture and stir just until combined. Gently fold in the berries.
- Fill muffin cups with batter and sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool muffins in the pan on a cooling rack for 5 minutes, then remove from pan and cool the muffins directly on the cooling rack.