As You're Finalizing Your Vegan Christmas Menu, Put This Amazing Vegan Chocolate Cake On Your Must-Eat List. Studded With Sliced Almonds And Chunks Of Dark Chocolate, You're Going To Love This Vegan Holiday Dessert.
As you're finalizing your vegan Christmas menu, put this amazing vegan chocolate cake on your must-eat list. Studded with sliced almonds and chunks of dark chocolate, you're going to love this vegan holiday dessert.
As you're finalizing your vegan Christmas menu, put this amazing vegan chocolate cake on your must-eat list. Studded with sliced almonds and chunks of dark chocolate, you're going to love this vegan holiday dessert.Almond Cocoa Cake
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sifted good quality cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dark chocolate bar
- Confectioners' sugar
More delish vegan dessert recipes!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9-inch round baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, vanilla, and water.
- Add oil mixture to flour mixture and stir just until moistened. Stir in almonds and chocolate.
- Transfer batter to the prepared baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in the pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Invert onto a pie plate and dust generously with confectioners' sugar.