This Hearty, Healthy Bulgur Salad Is Deliciously Chockful Of Colorful Veggies And Fresh Herbs. Serve It As A Filling, Festive Holiday Side Dish.
This hearty, healthy bulgur salad is deliciously chockful of colorful veggies and fresh herbs. Serve it as a filling, festive holiday side dish.
This hearty, healthy bulgur salad is deliciously chockful of colorful veggies and fresh herbs. Serve it as a filling, festive holiday side dish. Bulgur Salad with Grilled Corn, Tomatoes, and Cilantro
- 1 cup fine bulgur
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 cups grilled corn kernels (or fresh/frozen corn kernels)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, each halved
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 4 green onions, sliced (green and white parts)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
More tasty vegan holiday recipes!
- Toast the bulgur in a dry medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat until it is fragrant.
- Remove pan from the heat and add the water. Cover pan and set aside for 45 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Fluff bulgur and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately or chill and serve cold.