Everyone Will Love Your Homemade Soup
If your digestive system is in recovery from the Thanksgiving holiday, make a big batch of this miso soup to lighten up your diet and help detox your body.
This recipe is low in carbs, but feel free to add a modest amount of cooked soba noodles to healthfully quell your carbo cravings.
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup sake
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions (green and white parts)
- 5 tablespoons miso
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 3/4 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 3 ounces enoki mushrooms, cut ends trimmed
- Pea sprouts or your favorite sprouts for garnish
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine broth, sake, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and green onions and cook until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium-low, and whisk in miso and tamari. Stir in edamame and enoki and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Ladle soup into serving bowls and drizzle with remaining sesame oil and garnish with sprouts.
More Vegan Recipes
Pumpkin pie oatmeal
Daikon Radish Roast
Vegan Meatball Pizza