Candied Citrus Topping
Jazz up your vegan holiday breakfast recipes with a bright-flavored sweet citrus topping
Jazz up your vegan holiday breakfast recipes with a bright-flavored sweet citrus topping.
Jazz up your vegan holiday breakfast recipes with a bright-flavored sweet citrus topping.Candied Citrus ToppingIngredients:
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1/3 cup superfine granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup boiling water
More delicious vegan breakfast recipes!
- Cut each citrus in half and squeeze the juice (removing seeds) into a medium saucepan.
- Use a sharp knife and cut each citrus half into 4 pieces. Scrape off white pith and slice peel into strips.
- Stir sugar into the fruit juice and add water. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring, until sugar has melted. Boil for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add citrus peel strips to pan and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 10 minutes or until the peels are soft.
- Remove pan from heat and let strips cool completely. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 2 weeks.
- Spoon citrus topping over pancakes and waffles or stir into dairy-free yogurt. You can also spoon over vegan ice cream.