Puff pastry is an amazing time-saving ingredient that makes quick work of these Thanksgiving veggie tarts. Pick your favorite vegetable, shred your favorite cheese, toss on a few fresh herbs, and you've got a scrumptious vegan holiday appetizer or main course meal.
Thanksgiving Appetizer Tarts
- 1 (17-ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 cups shredded vegan cheese
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, each halved
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, seeded, sliced
- Handful of chopped fresh herbs of your choice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Unfold each sheet of puff pastry and roll with a baking pin to flatten evenly. Cut each sheet in half. Place on baking sheets.
- Scatter cheese evenly over the puff pastry. Top 2 sheets with grape tomatoes and the the other 2 sheets with bell pepper slices.
- Sprinkle herbs over the tomatoes and peppers.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until puff pastry is lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Move baking sheets to wire racks to cool for 10 minutes.
- Transfer tarts to a cutting board and use a sharp knife or pizza wheel to cut into strips. Serve immediately.
More tasty, meatless recipes!
Meatless Monday: Potato-rosemary pizza
Goat cheese and avocado stuffed portobello mushrooms
Sunny Meyer lemon & pine nut hummus