Better Than Cranberry Sauce
Those bags of fresh cranberries aren't just for homemade holiday cranberry sauce. This cranberry walnut crumble is a dynamite vegan holiday dish to serve for dessert, snack, or a special holiday brunch.
Cranberry Walnut Crumble
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, in small pieces, chilled
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 (12-ounce) bags fresh cranberries
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch plus 2 tablespoons cold water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. and grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and brown sugar. Add butter and use your fingertips to cut butter into the flour mixture until very coarse meal forms. Add oats and walnuts, tossing to combine.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stir together cranberries, sugar, orange zest, and juice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In the prepared baking dish, combine cranberry mixture, apples, and cornstarch mixture.
- Evenly sprinkle with walnut mixture and gently press down. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until topping is lightly browned and the filling is bubbling hot.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
More cranberry recipes
Cranberry mojito recipe
Cranberry and orange pancakes with cranberry syrup recipe
Jalapeno cranberry relish