Perfect For A Cold Winter Morning
When the cold weather hits, I get a comfort food craving for sweet potatoes. This sweet potato hash is a great vegan breakfast recipe to start the day with there's snow on the ground and a frigid nip in the air.
Sweet Potato Hash
- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, diced into bite-sized cubes
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, minced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil, drained
- 6 green onions, sliced (green and white parts)
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan over high heat and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 8 minutes or until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add jalapeno and garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, green onions, and lemon zest and cook, stirring often, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are lightly browned.
- Scatter with cilantro and season with salt and pepper. Give a quick stir then serve.
More vegan breakfast recipes
Vegan breakfast drop biscuits
Mamma chia banana breakfast muffins
Creamy vegan berry smoothie