Puff Pastry Makes Light Work Of Holiday Cooking. This Vegan Cookie Recipe Features Puff Pastry Sweetly Smeared With Chinese 5-Spice Powder And Brown Sugar, Rolled Up, Cut Into Spirals And Baked Until Puffed And Lightly Browned.
Puff pastry makes light work of holiday cooking. This vegan cookie recipe features puff pastry sweetly smeared with Chinese 5-spice powder and brown sugar, rolled up, cut into spirals and baked until puffed and lightly browned.
Puff pastry makes light work of holiday cooking. This vegan cookie recipe features puff pastry sweetly smeared with Chinese 5-spice powder and brown sugar, rolled up, cut into spirals and baked until puffed and lightly browned.5-Spice and Brown Sugar Spirals
Makes about 3 dozen spiralsIngredients:
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Chinese 5-spice powder
- 2 tablespoons water or more to make a paste
- 1 (17.3-ounce) box frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
More delish vegan dessert recipes!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, lemon zest and juice, 5-spice, and water, mixing to form a paste.
- Working with 1 pastry sheet at a time, unfold sheet onto a lightly floured surface.
- Roll pastry sheet into a 10-inch square. Spread half of the brown sugar mixture onto the pastry sheet, leavingÂ a border.
- Roll pastry sheet into a log, pinching the seam to seal. Repeat with second pastry sheet and remaining brown sugar mixture.
- Using a sharp knife, cut each log crosswise into about 18 slices. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a parchment paper lined wire rack.
- To serve, dust cookies with confectioners' sugar.