Make Salads Fun
Any dark leafy green can be used in this simple salad, which features high-protein chickpeas, pistachios, figs and avocado, but I love escarole with its mildly bitter taste. Use this vegan salad recipe as a guide and simply substitute a variety of beans and nuts when you want a change in flavors.
High-Protein Escarole Salad (Serves 4)
- 6 cups chopped escarole
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 cup chopped dried figs
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 large avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine escarole, chickpeas, pistachios, and figs.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, chives, and parsley. Pour half of the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Add avocado and season with salt and pepper. Gently toss again.
- Serve salad with an extra drizzle of vinaigrette over each plate.
More Vegan Recipes
Kid-friendly Cauldron Punch
Vegan Triple Chocolate Pudding
Sage Potato Crisps