Spooky Tasty And Sweet Treat
Fun for the kids, these decorated vegan brownies are the perfect finger food for a Halloween party or great snack for your child's lunch.
Get into the Halloween spirit with these awesome snacks that are fun for kids but can be enjoyed by anyone. Simply and sweet, these vegan brownies can be made in no time.
Tombstone Brownies (Serves 18)
- 3-ounces (3 squares) unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- Egg substitute equivalent for 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- Vegan chocolate frosting or white decorating icing in pastry bags fitted with a decorating tip with a 3/8-inch opening
- Fondant pumpkins or other edible Halloween decor
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch square baking dish.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and margarine, stirring often. Remove pan from heat.
- Stir sugar into chocolate mixture then whisk in egg substitute and vanilla.
- Add flour and raisins and mix until evenly combined. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until the top feels set when gently touched. Cool completely.
- Depending on how you want to serve the brownies (see photo), you can cover them with chocolate frosting, cut into squares and decorate with Halloween decor or you can cut brownies into tombstones and ice with white icing, decorating them with little ghosts, RIP, etc.
More Vegan Recipes
Vegan Triple Chocolate Pudding
Chipotle Brown Sugar Almonds
Rich Dark Chocolate Martini