Vegan Caesar Salad
Simple twist on a classic dish
Caesar salads are always an elegant touch to an everyday or holiday meal. Make this vegan salad even more special by toasting your own croutons.
Vegan Caesar Salad (Serves 8)
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce, cut or ripped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup miso
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- 6 ounces silken tofu
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil plus more to thin
- 3 cups croutons
- In a large bowl, toss together romaine, tomatoes, and olives. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine cashews, garlic, miso, mustard, Worcesterhire, vinegar, salt, and tofu. Run machine until ingredients are pureed.
- With machine running on low, add 1/4 cup oil and process until smooth. Test consistency and add more oil, if desired, to thin.
- Pour half of the dressing over salad and toss to combine. Divide salad among 8 salad plates and drizzle with more dressing. Garnish with croutons and serve.
More Vegan Recipes
Vegan Triple Chocolate Pudding
African Potato Stew
Chocolate Hazel Soy Latte