Go From Drab To Fab With These Flavor-Packed Additions To Your Basic Mashed Potato Recipe. With Holidays Just Around The Corner, Now Is The Time To Experiment With Your Favorite Vegan Holiday Dishes, So You Can Keep Your Guests Deliciously Well-Fed.
Go from drab to fab with these flavor-packed additions to your basic mashed potatoes recipe. With holidays just around the corner, now is the time to experiment with your favorite vegan holiday dishes, so you can keep your guests deliciously well-fed.
Go from drab to fab with these flavor-packed additions to your basic mashed potatoes recipe. With holidays just around the corner, now is the time to experiment with your favorite vegan holiday dishes, so you can keep your guests deliciously well-fed.Basic Vegan Mashed Potatoes
Here is a basic vegan mashed potatoes recipe, if you are a purist. However, if you want to tantalize your tastebuds, try one of the flavorful variations below.
Serves 6 to 8Ingredients:
- 4 baking potatoes, peeled, cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- Plain soy creamer to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Tasty vegan mashed potatoes variations
- Place potatoes in a large pot and add water to cover the potatoes by 3 inches.
- Place pot over high heat and bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until potatoes areÂ very tender.
- Drain potatoes and add butter and a pour of creamer. Mash potatoes, adding more creamer, until your desired consistency. You can also whip potatoes, if you like ultra smooth potatoes.
- Season with salt and peppper and serve warm.
More delish vegan holiday ideas!
- Roasted garlic: Squeeze 4 to 5 cloves of roasted garlic out of their skins into the potatoes with the butter before mashing.
- Fresh herb potatoes: Mash in an assortment of minced fresh herbs to taste.
- Caramelized onions: Saute thinly sliced onions in olive oil over medium heat until onions are very well browned. Mash them into the potatoes or even serve them over the potatoes.
- Wasabi: Mash 1 tablespoon wasabi powder or paste into potatoes. (Prepare for a serious nasal bomb!)
- Wild mushrooms: Rehydrate 1/4 to 1/3 cup dried mushrooms with hot water, chop, and mash into potatoes. You can also drizzle truffle oil into potatoes before mashing.