Richie Sambora Out Of Bon Jovi For Good?

Jon Bon Jovi is becoming vocally frustrated with Richie Sambora's personal issues, and his comments are starting to verge on the nasty.

Richie Sambora Jon Bon Jovi

Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora have been friends and bandmates since the early '80s, but that relationship appears to be rather strained. The guitarist's "personal issues" are taking their toll on the friendship and the band, and Bon Jovi's patience is wearing thin.

The New Jersey native tossed some thinly veiled insults at his longtime pal during an interview with The Standard, pretty much confirming that Richie's absence is due to his recurring substance abuse issues and implying that his talent is mediocre and he was easily replaceable.

"It's getting more and more difficult every day to not just sit here and say something," Bon Jovi told the paper, "because all I can say is this — it's for personal reasons. He's been through it before, fortunately for us the same guy who filled in last time was available this time."

"Life goes on, so if someone chooses not to be here... unlike if this were, God forbid, The Edge, and he for some reason couldn't make a U2 show, [then] it would be very difficult to just step in."

Got that Sambora? You're OK, but it's not like you're The Edge or anything.

"You have a choice — you either figure it out, go and grow, not only survive but thrive," he continued. "Or, you say, 'I hate my brother and I'm gonna quit the band.'"

Bon Jovi apparently was in a super crappy mood the day of the interview, because he also had harsh words for Justin Bieber and the band's longtime set designer.

Slamming the teen idol for keeping concertgoers waiting for hours, the rock veteran said, "Every generation has guys that do that, none of that is new."

"They run the risk of disrespecting their audience members who have worked hard to pay for their ticket, to give you the permission to take two or three hours of their lives — or in that kid's case, 80 minutes of their lives."

"Do it once, you can be forgiven. Do it enough times and shame on you. They won't have you back. Then it just becomes a cliché. It's really not cool — you're an a**hole. Go to f***in' work!"

And as for that poor set designer, "I wasn't all that happy with old Spike who has been designing our stages for years. I was at the point where I'm about to tell Spike, 'That's the last time you'll be working for me — get out!'" Bon Jovi complained.

"But sure enough, he came up with the goods, and I seriously think that Messrs Bono and Jagger would tip their hats to Spike and say, 'Good job.'"

At least someone got a compliment out of him, even if it was two-sided.

Catch up on more celebrity feuds — subscribe to the SheKnows Entertainment newsletter! >>

Photo credit: WENN.com

Tags: richie sambora

Comments

Comments on "Jon Bon Jovi: Richie Sambora is replaceable"

Akiko August 23, 2013 | 12:43 PM

I find it strange that there is no way to leave an opinion to jon bon jovi, but there are plenty of places to leave comments for Richie. I have heard plenty of things about Jon and his attitude lately, I thought it was strange that he went immediately back on tour after his daughters overdose, can't he see that she is trying to reach out to him because he is gone all the time. Nobody needs that much money. His own wife complains that he is never home. As of today whether the rumors are true or not, I no longer am the die hard Bon Jovi fan I once was, no Richie, no Bon Jovi, and I've been a fan since the beginning. Jon you are screwing up big time.

JR Koeller July 30, 2013 | 6:56 AM

Is Jon turning into another Eddie Van Halen? I hope not.

JR Koeller July 30, 2013 | 6:54 AM

Didn't JBJ fire his bassist (John Such?) many years ago for airing out band squabbles? I like JBJ but now he is airing about Sambora's laundry. Maybe he should re-think his actions of airing out personal band info seeing as how he fired a band member over the same actions.

Jersy Guy June 09, 2013 | 3:18 PM

The real reason RS is taking time off from the tour this year has nothing to do with him having a substance abuse problem - money issues with JB or any other issue with JB . The personal issue for Richie started after he realized he didn't want his daughter Ava turning out like JB's daughter especially since RS and HL are divorced and Ava lives with her dad and attends the school their and at 15 1/2 just got her driving permit. Can't keep an eye on her if he is away most of the time traveling the world. To prove this check out Ms. Sambora 's twitter account and Keek account especially where it shows him driving her to school and her practicing driving. He will be back for the summer leg when her school lets out - in fact check out Ava's twitter account she just got her passport and will be traveling with Richie to Europe for the England shows in early July ..... See simple answer - stop believing all the other nonsense rumours......

Linda June 06, 2013 | 12:51 PM

I have read some other articles and what I don't understand is some of them are bashing Richie only, that he should apologize, maybe it's Jon!!! My opinion is no Richie no Bon Jovi!!! I have been a huge fan since Runaway, but whatever the problem is, I feel they will resolve it!!! If not, Richie would be great SOLO, his recent cd was fantastic!!!!!

eileen June 05, 2013 | 3:26 PM

this is for richie when you have it all why ruin your life and create headaces for the rest of the group. your a big part of bon jovi. i love you and come talk to me. i'll help you out. take care someone who cares like alot of us

Charles May 25, 2013 | 9:56 PM

Jon you can´t talk about richie in those terms because yiu are nasty and stupid and the band members are always kissing your ass. think about what you are gonna say before talking about Sambora. You are losing fans because of that. The guys richie, david and tico are important too. you (JBJ) are not the one and only THE WHOLE BAND IS THE BEST. YOU (JBJ) SUCKS!!!!!

Big Bon Jovi Fan May 25, 2013 | 9:43 AM

I am a fan of Bon Jovi, Jon would not say these things unless Richie wasnt being sincere about playing on tour. so i give Jon lot of praise!! When you have a JOB, you go to Work!! simple as that. Richie needs to respect this and tell FANS why!! Thats All IMO.

Sambora fan May 24, 2013 | 7:22 PM

I have been a bon jovi fan since the song runaway. There is no bon jovi without Richie, so jon please go back to being private like you have always been and stop saying horrible things about Richie. I will not go to a bon jovi concert unless Richie is there!!!!!!

paula May 24, 2013 | 10:23 AM

what is wrong with u jon,just stop and think of all us fans please,u can replace richie if u want.but bon jovi will never be the same with richie.

Frank May 24, 2013 | 7:58 AM

I love this band but Jon is slowly tearing it apart with his comments here.

scott May 23, 2013 | 8:16 AM

I'm stunned at this development, I've followed this band closely for 25 years and sincerely hope when they arrive in my country of scotland in july, they are complete!! Bon jovi are not the band without sambora....simple as that!!