1. Stating the obvious here, but Liam is, like, ridiculously hot. And in the best way possible — a manly, not-afraid-to-get-his-hands-dirty kind of hot. To quote Ron Burgundy, he’s the type of man “who discovered the wheel, who built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn.” Yep, Liam’s that manly.
2. He has four movies slated for release this year. Love and Honor, a story about a soldier who goes AWOL for love; Paranoia, with heavyweights Harrison Ford and Gary Oldman; Empire State, alongside Dwayne “the Rock” Johnson (swoon!); and the much-anticipated Hunger Games sequel.
3. He’s got acting in his blood. Sure, you probably know about his older brother Chris, but did you realize those famous Hemsworth boys have another relatively unknown acting brother? Luke, the eldest of the siblings, achieved notoriety Down Under for his role as Nathan Tyson in the Australian soap opera, Neighbours, which — fun fact! — Liam also appeared on in 25 episodes.
4. He almost wielded Thor’s hammer. But, as we all know by now, brother Chris landed the role of the Norse god of thunder. Liam told GQ Magazine last year of the loss, “The way I look at this is, better Chris than someone else. Believe me, Chris and I spent most of our lives beating each other up. At this point, we’re just happy not to be fist-fighting over who gets to sit in the front seat.”
5. The man’s got good taste in movies. Among his favorite films, Liam cites A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints, The Goonies, The Departed, Stepbrothers and James Dean. Liam, we’re available anytime you need a viewing buddy — just throwin' that out there.
6. Just call him Uncle Liam. Last May, Chris’ wife Elsa Pataky gave birth to Liam’s little niece, India. Liam had plenty of practice prior to India’s arrival, though, as brother Luke already had three daughters — Holly, Ella and Harper Rose. Who wouldn’t want a playdate when Uncle Liam’s on duty?!
7. Surf’s up! We love a man who knows his way around a longboard, and Liam is no exception. Growing up on Australia’s Phillip Island, the hunk had serious surf stoke. He hit the waves competitively, making it as far as the state competition. “All my friends were surfers,” he told GQ. “All we wanted to do was be Kelly Slater.”
8. He can’t get enough of the South, y’all. He told InStyle magazine last year that one of his favorite things about America was a Southern accent, going on to say, “I love the South in general. There’s a lot of deep-fried food, and the people really remind me of Australians — very laid-back.”
9. He appreciates Jason Statham and, well, we appreciate that. Being the new guy on the Expendables 2 set — which hit theaters last August — he felt intimidated by his buff co-stars. “They’re all so ridiculously fit,” he said. “Randy Couture is a UFC fighter and Jason Statham is… Jason Statham.” We so know what you mean!
10. The hot-bodied star has heart of gold, too. Liam serves as the ambassador of the Australian Childhood Foundation, citing his parents — who worked in child protection for 20 years — as inspiration. Of his work with the organization, he explains, “The world is a scary enough place as it is for children. It is important that home should always be a safe place for them.” Aww, tear!
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!