PaleyFest Brings Juicy Revolution Spoilers

Will the end of Revolution's first season see the end of Monroe?

Monroe PaleyFest

Poor Monroe. Revolution's villain is such a bad guy that no matter how hot he is (and David Lyons is definitely hot), he just can't score any sort of break. Monroe gets no pretty lady (meanwhile, it looks like Miles has two), no real friends and no... second season?

Neville v. Charlie: War of the (ideal) worlds >>

Our PaleyFest correspondent asked David Lyons (the man behind Monroe) what he hopes happens before the end of the season. The stunning actor immediately turned things real bleak real fast. It turns out he just wants redemption... just in case.

"I hope there is a redemptive aspect to Monroe," Lyons said. "I'm not sure that a man like that can be redeemed. But, you know, if he meets a grizzly and untimely death (and I'm not saying that he does)... I think there is room for redemption."

Oh, no! We don't want to see Bass go!

Spoilers? J.J. Abrams talks Revolution season 2 >>

That said, we may have also scored a hint at how he might go. We also asked Lyons about special training the cast was receiving for the show. As it turns out, he hadn't had a whole lot. Until recently, that is.

"I haven't had to do as much as someone like Billy [Burke]," Lyons said. "But I've been doing a little bit of sword work. And that's been a lot of fun."

We wonder if that means Monroe will have a sword fight to the death. (But of course we hope not!)

Team Monroe?

Oh, come on! We can't be the only ones! Do you love Monroe, too?

Image courtesy of NBC

Tags: david lyons

Comments

Comments on "David Lyons admits Revolution 's Monroe may meet his untimely death"

Danny October 30, 2013 | 10:06 PM

If they kill off Monroe, That will destroy the show, and it will be finished. The ratings will fall, and the show will probably be canceled after season 2. I will definetly quit watching the show if Monroe is gone.. How can you get rid of Monroe. Miles and Monroe are like butter and bread. you have to have them both together on this show to keep the people tuning in.... It would infuriate me if Monroe is killed off.....

deborah Welch October 29, 2013 | 6:54 PM

I agree. I if Monroe dies, I am not watching Revolution anymore. Miles and Monroe are like right and left hands! We need them both!

Island girl October 29, 2013 | 3:54 PM

Monroe can't die! He is one of the most interesting characters in the show. Miles and Monroe make the show.

Eric October 24, 2013 | 5:53 PM

If Monroe dies, The show will cease to have me as a viewer. Team Monroe

A Stewart October 23, 2013 | 6:51 PM

So many good ones have been cut I can't believe they are even considering cutting Lyons. I will have to give it up .

ecko October 23, 2013 | 6:12 PM

i will not tune in if he dies he and miles is what makes the show

Dre September 24, 2013 | 1:27 PM

If they kill off Monroe... I'd be speechless. Charlie and her pouting face acting skills should go first, I've almost made the choice of letting the show go because of her. She's just too painful to watch.

Elizabeth August 22, 2013 | 8:28 AM

He can't die. He plays such a great bad guy, haunted by his past... love his character!

Janie May 24, 2013 | 9:21 PM

Well, I'm with the majority of you. If David/Monroe goes I go. Without Monroe there is not Revolution and sorry but he cannot be redeemed! He is the ultimate bad boy and that makes the show. Who is Miles going to fight if not Monroe! Leave him alive and leave him bad!

Kenny May 17, 2013 | 12:15 PM

Monroe has become the reason i watch this show, he's the guy you love to hate This whole republic is called THE monroe republic it would absolutely make no sense in killing him and continue the show. As stated above i'll stop watching.. Interested in randall flynn aswell but not without monroe

Ine April 12, 2013 | 5:41 AM

I don't want Monroe to die. He's amazing. He's one of the main reasons why I'm watching this show.

Isabelle April 09, 2013 | 2:37 PM

I sincerely hope you are wrong and that whatever glimpses you perceived as clues to Monroe's demise were purposely misleading, because like so many, I am a HUGE fan of David Lyons, and he plays his vilain role wonderfully. What would Miles be without Monroe, what would light be without darkness, we simply love to hate Monroe and secretly pray for his redemption. Killing off such a loved vilain would hurt the show beyond words. I, for one, would no longer follow it.

Evgeniya Het April 09, 2013 | 10:07 AM

Noooo(( I'm only watching "Revolution" because of David/Monroe. If Monroe dies I'll stop watching this.

Jerikka Echelon Monroe April 09, 2013 | 9:01 AM

NO NO NO NO!!!!!! i'll be short..NO MONROE- NO ME!! i'll quit the show.and i'm not the only one who thinks the same. Team Monroe FOREVER!!

Jen March 18, 2013 | 8:48 PM

Monroe is the BEST part of Revolution. The drama and the greatest of Revolution lies in the fact that this family of people who once loved each other are at war with one another. This show is about Miles and Monroe, brothers now at odds. Its also about, if I'm reading the body language right, Rachel and Monroe, former lovers torn assunder. Fangirl dream we will get Monroe and Charlie, biological father and daughter. The more the show develops these relationships, the more interesting the show will be. I'm hoping Monroe will eventually start a path to redemption and they'd pick another big bad.

ScorpioGirl March 14, 2013 | 7:45 PM

I couldn't agree more with all of you. If Monroe goes, I go. I've been looking forward to the show coming back on because I can't wait to see the next angsty, awesome Miles/Monroe scene. I'm sure not watching it to see a Miles/Rachel soap opera start up. I think I'm actually finally done with tv. All they ever do is the same boring types of pair ups on the primetime drama shows. They had a fantastic thing going with the Miles/Monroe storyline, so of course they're probably going to trash it.

Nicole March 14, 2013 | 12:25 PM

Not exactly sure why comment didn't publish before... Left comment yesterday-- but I agree with you guys. The Bass and Mile dynamic keeps me tuning in each week. I won't keep watching if David's character goes.

Jo March 14, 2013 | 3:18 AM

Well, they had better not kill him off. Monroe is the character I am the most invested in, and the dynamics between him and Miles. I hope they find a way to redeem him. If he is killed, I will stop watching.

cora March 14, 2013 | 2:35 AM

Monroe is awesome, don't kill him!

theworldisnotenough March 14, 2013 | 2:25 AM

Well, Monroe is the most interesting character and he still can switch side, others don't. Kill Monroe I will stop watching Revolution.