Showrunner Katims Can Only Hope, Too.

If you were expecting Parenthood to return for a fifth season, it might be best not to get your hopes up. Showrunner Jason Katims still hasn't gotten the official word yet. Eek!

Will Parenthood return for a fifth season?

Everyone hold hands and start sending good vibes toward NBC studios — vibes of love and familiarity about The Bravermans. They need it. NBC has yet to decide if it'll renew Parenthood for a fifth season. Talk about a stressful situation!

When The Hollywood Reporter asked showrunner Jason Katims about the series finale and whether or not Parenthood would return for Season 5, he wasn't sure.

"We're still really waiting to hear whether we have a fifth season," Katims told THR. "And I don't think that decision will be coming anytime soon because now the networks are very involved with their pilot orders and that's where their focus is at the moment. I don't expect any information on that for awhile. I've not had any conversations about any changes to the show."

If anything can save the show, though, it's Parenthood fans.

"I feel like not only are Parenthood fans passionate but that passion has grown over the run of the show and people got more invested as the show has gone on. That really does help keep shows on the air," Katims said.

He's right, too. Who knows how long Community would have lasted if it weren't for its incredibly devoted fans?

As for what we can expect when/if Parenthood returns, Katims says he's still playing around with ideas. He reminded THR that the show always skips time a little bit. You'll never catch Parenthood returning after a summer as if it's the day after last season's finale. He teased with the idea of Drew starting college,  but admitted he's not quite sure.

"I'm still figuring it out," he freely admitted.

And that's okay because, as Parenthood fans know, he has plenty of time. We're always the last show picked up.

To find out what he has to say about where our favorite Bravermans' story lines might lead, head over to THR's entire interview.

Image courtesy of NBC

More on Parenthood

Parenthood season finale: Until the fall, dear family
Parenthood recap: Keep on rowing
Parenthood recap: Coming together and splitting apart

Tags: television reviews

Comments

Comments on "Hoping for a Season 5 of Parenthood ?"

Martha Tolentino May 03, 2013 | 11:28 PM

Parenthood is a favorite of mine so bring it back!

Courtney April 30, 2013 | 11:34 AM

bring back parenthood!!!!!

Sandy April 23, 2013 | 10:10 AM

I absolutely LOVE this show, and I can't believe it even has to be debated whether there will be a 5th season...or a 6th,7th and 8th! It should be a "NO-BRAINER"!! It is a wonderful show with real problems, issues and triumphs, and a cast of the best actors on TV!! I not only watch, but DVR every episode to watch again!! I've purchased the prior seasons as well! Please NBC, don't take away the best show on the network!! PLEASE!! All my friends and family love it too!!

amy April 10, 2013 | 7:07 PM

Please bring back Parenthood.. I just love this show, it sounds corny but I feel as though I am part of the family.. Never miss an episode... Bring it back.

Annette Tweedel April 09, 2013 | 8:02 PM

If you bring back Parenthood, it would be much better if they would not have people who are not married to each other to be sleeping together. What is this world coming too? I mean, come on, we need to set an example to the young kids out there.

Jenn April 04, 2013 | 1:14 PM

Please bring back the show! My husband, daughter and I love it!

Katie April 04, 2013 | 8:30 AM

Bring parenthood back!! Its my favorite :))

April April 03, 2013 | 1:47 PM

I'm sitting here at work and a whole room of people are worried that there might not be a season 5. PLEASE BRING IT BACK WE NEED IT!!! There are plenty of pointless 30 minute shows you could removed if needed but leave us something to look forward too!

Ann Noonan April 02, 2013 | 5:04 PM

With all the stupid shows you want to cancel a well acted, humorous, real and pertinent show where people actually work their problems out in a realistic way???!!!STUPID! One of the best shows on network television if not the best!

Judy March 30, 2013 | 6:29 PM

Please bring back Parenthood. Best show ever. The storyline was great, and cast amazing. I looked forward to watching every episode on Tuesday nights.

Jessica March 30, 2013 | 1:38 PM

Bring Parenthood back, it's the only real life show out there now. All I see is reality shows and they get boring. also, Jabar is going to be a brother so you kind of have to bring it back.

Sue March 27, 2013 | 4:39 PM

I will be devastated if the show cancels. It's my favorite show and have really been looking forward to the next season

liv March 27, 2013 | 9:56 AM

I'm really hoping Parenthood is picked up for another season. It's such a good show. Bring it back!

deb March 26, 2013 | 4:33 PM

Oh please bring it back! What a great show!

Catherine March 25, 2013 | 6:19 PM

This show is so real!. After every episode I couldn't wait until the next. What a great job NBC has done with this show. They are crazy if they don't renew. . C'mon there isn't another show out there that comes close to parenthood. Funny, witty, emotional. So so real!! Thanks parenthood!!!

Jo-Anne March 25, 2013 | 5:20 AM

One of the few good shows on tv. Please bring it back we love the Bravermans!

MonaC March 24, 2013 | 5:38 PM

I have never watched a tv show where I actually sit down and watch it -start to finish- like I do with Parenthood. I'm usually doing dishes, laundry, computer stuff, etc. while the tv is on. This is my favorite show of all time. I've never understood how NBC never promotes such a great show. And the actors on the show are rarely on a talk show promoting it. NBC- spend some money on showing this hidden gem to the rest of the world. And PLEASE bring it back for another season!

Patsy H March 19, 2013 | 6:12 PM

You simply CANNOT not be serious! This is the only show I tune into without fail! PLEASE bring it back for another season!

Tara March 19, 2013 | 1:44 PM

This is my favorite show. Please bring it back. I can relate to every part of this show . I have three siblings with children of there own . With all kinds of family issues . But we all love each other . Many of similar family issues. I work with students with autism and I have cousins with autism. I have gotten many family and friends addicted to this show as well. We talk about it at work too. This show is very realistic . Thats why I love it. Tara

John March 18, 2013 | 9:41 AM

Bring Parent hood back for a fifth season.