Beyoncé On Faking It

She might lip sync at important national events, but there are a couple of things Beyoncé insists are 100 percent real: Her pregnancy and her marriage.

Beyonce at the inauguration

Beyoncé may have faked the national anthem at yesterday's inauguration, but she is adamant she did not fake her pregnancy. The singer told GQ that what hurt her the most was seeing her mom and sister have to deal with the media's lies and speculation.

"I felt like I kind of had to protect my mother, because when people made up the silliest rumor about me not really being pregnant, she was there when I went through all of those things," Beyoncé told the mag. "And my sister. They were very, very defensive. It's not personal to me, and it comes along with the job, but the lack of respect — people will just go too far sometimes."

That very real pregnancy and very real birth that resulted in a very real baby that is really hers showed her what being a woman is all about for the first time, she said.

"When I gave birth, that was the first time I truly let go and surrendered. And it taught me how amazing that feels... giving birth made me realize the power of being a woman," Beyoncé explained. "I have so much more substance in my life. And expressing that excitement and that sensuality and the connection I have with my husband — I'm a lot more comfortable with that now. I actually feel like my child introduced me to myself."

Kelly Clarkson, Beyoncé get patriotic for the inauguration >>

Another thing that's not fake: Her marriage, despite the fact that she rarely wears her wedding ring. In fact, one of the reasons her partnership with Jay-Z is so successful is because she has maintained her independence.

"I was independent before I met my husband, and we have such a natural chemistry and a genuine relationship, and it's based on the things that relationships are supposed to be based on," she said. "I've seen, growing up, when a woman or a man in a relationship — it doesn't matter which one — doesn't feel confident, they feel a bit trapped.

"Your self-worth is determined by you. You don't have to depend on someone telling you who you are."

Read more outtakes from GQ's interview with Beyoncé on GQ.com.

Image courtesy WENN.com

Comments

Comments on "Beyoncé: Fake pregnancy stories went too far"

Allie March 21, 2013 | 5:42 PM

She didn't lie u idiots just get over it it's not a big deal and u don't need to argue seriously ur acting like children ur selves u should stop humiliating ur selves please I'm getting a head ache just reading your comments and getting angry with people who think she had a fake baby bump!

Lauren February 25, 2013 | 8:55 AM

I'm just confused as to what the big fuss over her pregnancy is? Whether or not she did carry that baby herself, her and her husband share a child. You should only be listening to her voice, she has no reason to explain anything to anyone other than the people she trusts and loves. I'm sure you wouldn't like the media making your business their business all the time.

Wendy Blair February 22, 2013 | 4:18 PM

Beyonce faked it. That fake belly bump ruined her role playing. It is very common among the extremely wealthy. Kim Kardashian is doing it also.

nelle February 22, 2013 | 9:41 AM

I don't know. She's supposedly how many months pregnant in that video where her-belly-folds-thing? Hmmm. Why would she fake it, if she did?

Marlin Fromme February 16, 2013 | 11:26 PM

Beyonce FAKED FAKED FAKED that pregnancy. She's so into showing her skin and body -- why the HE*# wouldn't she have done the same while pregnant? She's got to be kidding to think anyone in their right mind believes her bulls... Beyonce, here's what we say: WHATEVER. You faked it, you used a surrogate, and you got busted. Denial ain't gonna buy you one more believer.

Chilly February 11, 2013 | 7:57 PM

Lol! To those who have commented, you act like beyonce is OBLIGATED to share with the public every personal detail of her life. It's so sad, I'm sorry to inform but no, it's none of your business. No part of beyonces personal life is something that you people are entitled to. It's hilarious to read these comments of people that are so sure of themselves and what they say "There's no way beyonce carried a baby" "I'm mad that she lied" LOL

ladyday January 23, 2013 | 12:42 PM

lip sync is no big deal since so many have done it however, I do not believe she had a fake pregnancy. that dress deflating thing i believe was just her wearing a dress to enhance her pregnancy. i say that because i did it with my first. i was so proud of being pregnant i wanted people to see it because they always told me they couldn't tell.

Girly January 23, 2013 | 8:57 AM

Fake pregnancy stories went too far? Did she see the video of herself in Australia? It certainly didn't look like a real pregnant belly as it folded when she sat down. In fact, she leaned forward when she sat down... you don't do that when you have a belly in the way. ...And, why didn't she just show a belly picture like Demi, Jessica and most of the other pregnant famous women do. There is no shame in surrogacy.... But, there is in lying about it! Just ask Adrienne Maloof.

Amber January 22, 2013 | 10:58 PM

I agree Juanita. It is wrong for her to lie to her fans when the whole world saw the truth. It was so obvious. Her baby "bump" or whatever she wants to call it folded. No pregnant woman's belly folds! Like you said, there is no way in hell she carried or gave birth to that baby. I don't hate Beyonce. I am just upset that she continues to lie to everyone and pretend that she is innocent.

Juanita Capistrano January 22, 2013 | 8:51 PM

There's no way in hell Beyonce carried or gave birth to that baby. Pretty bad timing for a GQ article full of lies to come out.