It's Not Over Yet

Has Drop Dead Diva been "uncanceled"? Following Lifetime's decision to end the show, other networks are stepping in to save the day. It may be down, but it's not out.

Brooke Elliott

Just yesterday, we learned that Lifetime's Drop Dead Diva was canceled. The network decided not to renew the show after four seasons. But according to creator Josh Berman, fans should keep hope alive.

Say it isn't so! Drop Dead Diva canceled >>

Berman tells EW, ”We’ve all been getting calls, both on the creative side and on the business side, from other possible homes. Everything is in play. There are players that I never even expected that are expressing interest in the show."

It sounds like Drop Dead Diva could be resurrected. We're not surprised, considering its devoted audience. The show was a solid performer for Lifetime but became a casualty of their new vision.

Following the cancellation, they may have changed their tune.

Berman says, "I’m not ruling anything out. I’m not even ruling out Lifetime and Sony reaching a new deal. Like, I’m open to anything that will save the show. My goal is to still have the show on the air this summer, no matter what.”

He encourages everyone to go to Twitter, Facebook and YouTube to support all things Drop Dead Diva. This will show the powers that be that there's a fanbase out there. Berman had no idea Lifetime planned to cut the show's run — if he did, he wouldn't have ended it with a huge cliffhanger.

Taking flight for Drop Dead Diva and Necessary Roughness scoop! >>

Berman's not giving up hope and nor should we. Where's TBS, TNT and USA when you need them? We think Drop Dead Diva would be the perfect partner for Necessary Roughness.

Photo credit: Joseph Marzullo Wenn

Tags: josh berman

Comments

Comments on "Drop Dead Diva exec promises a return "no matter what""

Nancy L March 23, 2013 | 6:47 PM

I loved Drop Dead Diva. It was one of the most creative shows on TV. Was that it's mistake, not being moronic, like most of TV out there? Very upset about this. Hopefully the show will find another home, on a more worthy network!

Tori February 28, 2013 | 11:27 AM

Love this show and was so looking forward to the next season. What a STUPID move by Lifetime to cancel a show that apparently has a HUGE fan base. What are they planning on replacing the show with? More "reality" crap? PLEASE let another network pick up the show!

Cyndi February 28, 2013 | 10:44 AM

My whole family watches Drop Deap Diva, including my husband! We were all looking forward to the next season! Don't cancel this show!! Brooke Elliott is awesome as Jane! Lifetime what were you thinking?

LA February 27, 2013 | 6:52 PM

I will not watch LIFETIME anymore if they do not bring back DROP DEAD DIVE.

Melanie Kay February 27, 2013 | 2:02 PM

With all of the the crap on T.V., Its about right they would take a good show off. By all means lets put another Honey Boo Boo or dating show, on in its place! Uggh! Not happy with Life Time!!

Nanci Rickels February 20, 2013 | 12:42 PM

Nooooo=( Don't cancel the show, I looked forward to what was to come in next episodes of the show! Love, love, love the show! Thank you for bringing it back!!

Janelle February 18, 2013 | 3:35 PM

I LOVE this. My aunt and I watsh it religiously every week when on. Grayson is such a babe:)

Florinda Pash February 16, 2013 | 8:15 PM

This show was awesome, bring it back and this time let it be known that there is nothing wrong with a committed couple throughout the whole show. The whole cases alone were awesome and how Jane and the rest of the actors were awesome. Jane and Grayson belong together and so does Fred and Stacey :) I'm just saying. Please give us a proper happy ending if you should honor us with the glory of at least another season. Nothing wrong with asking for several other seasons is there? I am a fan of Drop Dead Diva..I ... we, have spoken. :)

Carol January 31, 2013 | 4:07 PM

I hope that Lifetime will bring back Drop Dead Diva. It is a show that I really enjoyed. It is a good show, great story plots and with no offensive language. The actors were a joy to watch.

Ellen Axelrod January 29, 2013 | 5:29 PM

The canceling of Drop Dead Diva is short sided. It has an extensive customer base that will continue to grow. It also has great potential for syndication. With so much bad TV out there, DDD is wonderful entertainment with good messages. The plot lines are very good and Brooke Elliot's Jane is an excellent role model for women and girls of all ages. I hope the network reconsiders it and brings back the Diva!!!

Nancy January 29, 2013 | 11:04 AM

Please do not cancel Drop Dead Diva. I don't watch much on TV but it is my favorite show!!!!

Teresa January 26, 2013 | 1:25 PM

DO NOT DROP "Drop Dead Diva". This is a great show. I was really disappointed to hear that this was canceled...Not fair!!!!

dianetruth January 21, 2013 | 12:09 AM

Ok, I jusT Foundout that drop dead diva might be cancelled. That really upset me. I finally got to see it and payed threw xbox to see it. Saw it threw Netflix previously and loved it. Jane aka deb is a inspiration for all us bbw's. And how we struggle with peoples persception of large woman. In the end her previous boyfriend/fiancee falls in love with jane. What a show. Please at least have a ending movie if not a show..Closure! Please, we want our large princess to marry her prince. Dt.

Amy S January 18, 2013 | 5:47 PM

Lifetime definitely didn't think the repercussions through when they decided to cancel DDD and obviously didn't think they'd receive so much back lash for thinking it was a smooth move to replace it with more "edgier" shows. Good job underestimating the 2.8 million fans that are devoted to Drop Dead Diva because you know, that's what we totally wanted on tv, more mind numbing garbage reality shows that dumb our intelligence down!

Su January 18, 2013 | 5:08 PM

To cancel a smash hit like this fantastic show only tells the fans that Lifetime doesn't care about the fans. Drop Dead Diva is the only one of its kind. To leave the viewers literally hanging after the season finale is NOT GOOD. Hope another network picks it up and shows Lifetime what fools they are. No other reason for me to watch Lifetime now, since this was the only show that kept me coming back every Sunday. BIG MISTAKE LIFETIME - you're losing so many viewers because of this idiotic move

Jean McCormick January 18, 2013 | 2:34 PM

Seems network execs can't stand success. This is a good show with an interesting premise. Why would they cancel it?