The Lowdown On
All The Festivities
From exclusive venues to general admission cafes and beyond, we're giving you the rundown on everything this festival has to offer. Sure, you'll want to check out the flicks, but who knows -- you just may run into some of the stars, if you get lucky!
A little background
If you're making the trek to Park City, Utah Jan. 17-27 or anywhere in between, then you're already in the know that this annual festival is the peak of independent art and storytelling. Since Robert Redford began the festival in 1981, the event has birthed some of best films around, without the dominance of mainstream political and commercial pressures. Audiences flock to the mountains once a year to submerse themselves in the latest cinematic experiments and experiences, but there's so much to this festival that you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who couldn't enjoy themselves.
Now, we're not saying you'll have free reign to all these facets of the festival. Many require exclusive invites and clout, but we're also not discouraging you from trying. That being said, here are some other noteworthy affairs Sundance Film Festival proudly offers.
Eco Hideaway Lounge
- What: Celebrity gifts and pampering, as well as stellar live musicians.
- Where: The Chateaux, 7815 Royal Street East
- When: Jan 19-21. Noon - 6 P.M.
Sundance House and HP Live Lounge, presented by HP
- What: Stop by for some warmth and hot chocolate, live music and more. Be sure to take advantage of all of HP's new technology, such as printers and free Wi-Fi, to print out all the amazing pictures you'll be snagging during the festival.
- Where: 638 Park Ave.
- When: The two open at 10 A.M and 9:30 A.M., respectively.
The Nintendo Lounge
- What: Check out the latest and greatest in gaming technology from the people at Nintendo. Demo the recently-launced Wii U and games in the works like SiNG Party, as well as play the Nintendo 3DS XL.
- Where: 738 Main St.
- When: Jan. 18- 21 from 11 A.M to 5 P.M daily.
Hyde Lounge at Sundance
- What: Hollywood's hottest club is setting up shop for two nights of parties and high-profile personalities, athletes and artists. The event will feature special DJs and performances throughout.
- Where: Hyde Lounge at Downstairs. 625 Main Street
- When: Jan. 18, 19. From 10 P.M.– 2 A.M.
- What: Cruise by and grab a first glimpse at the brand new Acura RLX and give your feet a break.
- Where: 528 Main Street.
Sundance Channel HQ
- What: Here's your chance to peek at some of the newest dramas on TV and play around awhile
- Where: 268 Main Street.
- When: 10 A.M - 6 P.M. daily
- What: If you're looking for official merchandise, offerings and demonstrations look no further!
- Where: 608 Main Street
TAO at Village at the Lift
- What: Stella Artois, TAO Nightclub and more combine efforts for the 11th annual conversion of the Main Street Lift. The self-proclaimed "escape to the entertainment industry's most notable clientele" offers movie-goers and celebrities alike, a chance to engage in one-of-a-kind experiences and products. The Village at the Lift features a cafe, nightclub, restaurant, portrait studio and more!
- Where: Village at the Lift/ 825 Main Street.
- When: Jan. 18- 21.
No matter where your Sundance adventure takes you, SheKnows wishes you a splendid time and wonderful memories! Now get to it!