Shawty Lo Defends All My Babies' Mamas Show

Shawty Lo defends All My Babies' Mamas. He says selling drugs and money-hungry women resulted in 11 kids by 10 different women — and it isn't his fault.

Shawty Lo on stage in Atlanta.All My Babies' Mamas star Shawty Lo defends his 11 kids by 10 different women and his new Oxygen reality television show. In case you haven't heard, All My Babies' Mamas is an actual reality show that focuses on the inherent drama of being Shawty Lo: living in a house with 10 women who are all Lo's "baby mamas" — a term used to describe the relationship between a man and a woman who have a child together but are no longer romantically involved. Lo has 11 children by 10 baby mamas, in addition to a 19-year-old girlfriend whom all the baby mamas seem to dislike, at least according to the show's preview.

Shawty Lo defends All My Babies' Mamas and spoke exclusively to MTV News about his upcoming reality show. "You can hate all you want to, I didn't ask for it. It just happened. Now that it happened, I'm supposed to turn my back against it?" he said. "If I wasn't taking care of my kids then you would really dog me out, but I'm taking care of my kids, providing for my family. I don't know what else to say." (Note: The website Celebrity Net Worth states Shawty Lo's net worth is likely around the $2 million range, although we cannot verify Celebrity Net Worth's sources or calculations.)

The controversy surrounding All My Babies' Mamas isn't from Shawty Lo skipping out on his fatherly responsibilities. The issue many people have with the show is that Shawty Lo and all his babies' mamas seem so undisturbed by the potentially dysfunctional and perhaps even reckless disregard for child and family development. We applaud Shawty Lo for providing the means for his family to survive and live financially well, but he misses the point. All My Babies' Mamas showcases petty drama and an indifference to commitment and stability — while attempting to glamorize having 11 kids by 10 different women — all because Shawty Lo is a local celebrity.

Shawty Lo's baby mama situation might be a product of his rough childhood. In remembering his youth, he says, "I came to be one of the largest drug dealers to come from Atlanta, Bankhead area and I started havin' kids. When the money came, a lot of women came," said Shawty Lo. "Once you feel like a girl was your girlfriend or whatever, the rubber probably came off." He continued, "They wouldn't have an abortion. They used to take the money and run with it, and they'd have a baby by the most popular guy in the street, and that's how I had all them kids."

You can watch the full preview for All My Babies' Mamas starring Shawty Lo below.

Photo courtesy of WENN.com

Tags: shawty lo

Comments

Comments on "Shawty Lo on All My Babies Mamas: drugs led to 11 kids"

Pemichel February 13, 2013 | 5:15 AM

Shawty Lo exemplifies EXACTLY what is wrong with America... a drug dealing POS with his own reality show... c'mon do you really want your kids idolizing this?

MrzMal January 17, 2013 | 3:43 AM

YAY!!! This type of exploitation needs to stop! Simply pathetic I feel sorry for the kids. When we talk about our look at their role models

Eva January 15, 2013 | 3:19 PM

I am sorry for intruding the discussion BUT.......if you read the subtitle "resulted in 10 kids by 11 different women" don't you think there is something really WRONG here. I mean can whoever wrote this article at least COUNT to 10? Or one of the kids has 2 mothers at the same time......... ?????? That's just wrong mathematics ...... Lol

angunetta patterson January 12, 2013 | 8:24 AM

i think the show is a good ideal my son has five baby momas and he takes care of all nine of his.i could go into detail some but my compruter keep deleting

BB January 12, 2013 | 6:36 AM

We must stop the negative exploitation of Black families and all young people. Hollywood and TV have done enough to destroy the bonds of the families through their negative depictions. This type of exploitation of the mistakes of young Black people and the social conditioning that is inherent in broadcasting these types of mistakes must stop. We must protest this type of negative programing and pass this message on to our constituents to protest the program sponsors and advertisers if aired. In America, you protest with your words and your $ Money. That is the only language that businesses understand. Ask the sponsors to stop supporting the program or you will protest by withholding your $$$ from their products. You have all the Power in your pockets, bank accounts, and credit cards.

ANG January 12, 2013 | 5:59 AM

He isnt taking responsibility even now. Yes, the women may be money hungry, but you know that everytime you have with one. Get a vasectomy if you dont have any personal self control or if you are too stupid to wear a condom.

Derek January 12, 2013 | 5:54 AM

I don;t know if he's a good rapper, but he has perfected a way to find ignorant women!

Cane January 11, 2013 | 8:58 AM

Could be worst. As in many single mother, multi-child families, YOU could be paying all the bills.....

Robt January 10, 2013 | 4:44 PM

Obviously, these people are not overly concerned about STDs. I feel sorry for the kids.