"IDGAF"

Dance music isn't always for everyone, but everyone can relate to getting frustrated. This hilarious music video makes the song utterly relatable and downright amusing.

AviciiAn "electric feel good anthem"

Remix-Nation recently reviewed the track and dubbed it the aforementioned and also suggested that EDM is now "elevating its music video game." Avicii and Nicky Romero also have been two musicians that have glamoured the masses and taken dance music by storm.

Bored with the monotonous?

The featured character is an average female who has her standard job, her standard routine, and her standard irritations with life. She puts up with the stress and hum-drum of life. She's dejected and uninspired, making adjustments to consistently accommodate the life she clearly isn't happy living.

A dream sequence offers her an escape, where she suddenly is surrounded by beautiful men, luxurious getaway locations, and an appreciation for her self-image that she never knew existed. It is this flash of adventure and happiness that prompt her to have higher expectations of her environment, and not care.

We are used to seeing musicians who don't care about authority and do what they want (i.e. Rihanna, most hard rock bands, etc.) but it's another tale altogether when it could be you or me.

Far from subtle

Now, it sounds like it could be a decent video, but until you witness the character initially and watch her explode with rage and excitement, you realize her excess lifestyle post-realization is humorous beyond words. She eats what she wants whenever she wants, dates who she wants whenever she wants, and lastly, tells off her co-workers, who certainly did not give her the respect she should have received.

I personally appreciated the fact that this dance song was able to have such a profound meaning and elaborate plot line. Suddenly, music that people often find hard to relate to becomes applicable to almost anyone.

This is one video that I can honestly give a raving review. Also called "Nicktim," this song is also pleasing to the ears. And if you cannot afford to let loose, enjoy watching this vivacious character live life to the fullest and laugh.

Photo courtesy of Johnny Louis/WENN.com

Want to see what else I recommend? Check out:

She & Him "Baby, It's Cold Outside"
Leona Lewis "Lovebird"

Brantley Gilbert "Miles From Home"

Comments

Comments on "Editor's video pick: Avicii vs. Nicky Romero, "I Could Be The One""

Andrezza November 24, 2013 | 6:34 AM

I love this video and this music,this ginger actress is awesome,what is the name of the brunette girl of the office?I think I have seen her before

Me Gusta August 20, 2013 | 4:31 AM

I REALLY, REALLY don't like the ending.

Christian August 20, 2013 | 4:29 AM

Hi, Inessa. You were gorgeous in this video. But I have a little question: who is that girl who talk with at the office? What is her name? She looks very nice too. Thanks.

Sean O'Connor April 24, 2013 | 9:46 PM

Inessa, you are amazing. I watched this video for the first time last week and can't stop watching! As an actor myself, it's fascinating to watch the music video format as a way of expressing so many emotions in the short time-frame. You nailed every single one. Love you and love the video!

Nay March 27, 2013 | 5:16 PM

Inessa and everyone involved, I LOVE this clip. My boss and I have made it our unofficial anthem - it's a private joke we can share for a bit of relief during moments of supreme annoyance! Thank you :)

Frank March 24, 2013 | 1:30 PM

Inessa, you are my hero! Your performance in the video is so powerful and hilarious. This month, my LGBT waterpolo team is hosting a fundraiser at a bear/leather bar in Montreal where we have to walk around in our speedos and competition caps all night selling raffle tickets. I'm turning 40. I don't want to walk around a bar in my speedo...eurgh. Anyway, I watch this video 2 or 3 times just before going, and I'm good to go! I'll keep an eye out for every thing you're in! New favorite actress!

Alexander February 23, 2013 | 2:10 PM

I agree with Lynsdsay Rose - an amazing actress. I thought she was very good-looking as well, I think it's a combination of good looks and a positive, fun-loving kind of energy.

Lyndsay Rose February 11, 2013 | 7:54 PM

As soon as I saw this video, the first thing I thought was how amazing the actress was. Such a fabulous portrayal of a range of emotions and expressions, and all performed perfectly. An absolutely fabulous job. I can't wait to see more of Inessa.

Inessa Frantowski January 07, 2013 | 1:32 PM

Hi! It's me, the actress in the video. Wanted to say thank you! Lots of love, Inessa Frantowski