Miley Cyrus Loses Two Dogs At Once

As if news Miley Cyrus' dog died wasn't heartbreaking enough on its own, word comes that the young star has lost another one of her beloved pets. Her mom, Tish Cyrus, explains what led to the loss of both Lila and Ziggy.

Miley Cyrus' dog Ziggy

When Miley Cyrus tweeted news of her dog Lila's death last week, she failed to elaborate on what caused her beloved pet to pass away, and the fact that the incident meant another one of her four-legged friends would be removed from the family home permanently.

Her mother, Tish Cyrus, has let fans in on the heartbreak the singer has been going through, revealing that Lila died after being attacked by one of the star's other dogs, Ziggy.

Miley Cyrus' wild night with strippers >>

"As for Miley, its been a really tough week. As you all know her beloved baby girl Lila passed away," Tish Cyrus wrote in a note on her personal blog.

"Everyone has been so precious and so supportive of her and I love you all so much for that. Miley loved Lila more than anyone can imagine. I know some people were saying its JUST a dog, but to Miley she was so much more."

Revealing what happened to the pooch, she went on, "The way that Lila was taken from [Miley] was beyond terrible. Sometimes things happen that we just can't understand. Miley still isn't ready to talk about it, but I thought you guys should know what happened. For some unknown reason, Ziggy... grabbed Lila."

"Not really sure if she was playing or what? She grabbed her in just the wrong spot and Lila didn't survive," Tish Cyrus added.

PETA gives Miley Cyrus a pig for her birthday >>

Speaking of Ziggy, pictured above with Miley and fiancé Liam Hemsworth in July, she pleaded, "Please understand that Miley isn't ready to talk about this and we dont think Ziggy is a mean dog. We took Ziggy to SPOT dog rescue and they found her a new home with no other pets or children just in case it wasn't a fluke. So not only did Miley lose Lila, she feels she lost Ziggy as well."

While Miley Cyrus has yet to speak a single word about Ziggy in regard to the incident, she did Tweet Sunday, "Feeling connected to my baby girl Lila after tonight. i know she's up in doggy heaven proud of her mommy for staying strong."

Do you think it was right of Tish Cyrus to reveal how Miley's dog died?

Image via WENN

Comments

Comments on "Miley Cyrus' dog dies: Shocking cause of death revealed"

Rebecca April 07, 2014 | 12:26 PM

Wow you lot aren't very forgiving, are you? Miley isn't the only one in the world to lose a pet in this way. Even the nicest and friendliest dogs can snap,it's unexpected and unfortunate. No one is constantly looking over their pets like a hawk 24/7, do you expect Miley to keep the toilet door open so she can watch her dogs when she goes to the loo? take them onto the stage with her every time she preforms? sleep with one eye open at night? No one does that! especially if we love and trust the animal. I don't blame Miley for her Dog's deaths. Try to at least be a little sympathetic :(

Howmany Pets? April 05, 2014 | 6:18 PM

Today is April 5, 2014. This article was originally dated December 17, 2012 (see above), and I heard last week that her dog Floyd died. So why are we reading an article that is over 1 1/2 years old? When did Floyd die? When did Lila die? Ohh and who cares about Miley?

metaluna April 05, 2014 | 5:51 PM

I agree with the comments about what a stupid pet owner she is!!! PETA should investigate. Gee Miley, when will you become a responsible adult? Your stupid irresponsible life style is being passed on to poor animals that trust you to protect and take care of them! Keep on grieving and maybe one day you'll realize YOU do not need to own anything living!

MIley IsanIdiot April 04, 2014 | 10:50 PM

Miley Cyrus is an Idiot and ot a responsible dog owner. You loved this dog so much you have it housed with another vicious dog you also own. I don't generally curse but this pisses me off so much I am going to make a rare exception. Miley you stupid ------- idiot. That dog Floyd dies because of your amazingly stupid ignorance, incompetence and selfishness. God can only hope your dog Ziggy and this new dog you have gotten are removed from your custody and put in suitable homes! You stupid ------- piece of ----!

linda fedorneac April 04, 2014 | 12:38 PM

Anybody can lose a pet.

ashley April 04, 2014 | 12:05 PM

so she had 2 dogs die??

amitoo April 03, 2014 | 9:58 AM

Miley is no better than that spoilt loser Hilton. They adopt these animals then leave them for months on end. No wonder they have aggression issues - they have no boundaries or love or training. And instead of trying to give them what they NEED, she just carts them off to a shelter because they showed behavior she didn't approve of, yet helped create.

Larry April 03, 2014 | 7:00 AM

Myley, STOP ADOPTING DOGS.

Roseanne P. April 02, 2014 | 7:52 AM

I am so very sad for Miley to hear of the passing of her dog Floyd. Our pets become a part of us; a part that loves us unconditionally and is always there for us. I have had beloved pets pass away and have also been devastated by their loss. The one thought that helped me through that loss was that as much as I loved that pet, I needed to love them enough to not want them to suffer. I couldn't bare the thought of my pets being in pain and not having an exceptional quality of life. I would also tell myself that once the hurt of their loss was no longer so raw and fresh in my mind, that it was the universe's way of telling me it was time to give another pet a chance at having a loving home. I would encourage Miley once she has had time to heal to use this as an opportunity to give another dog (hopefully a shelter dog) a chance at a warm and loving home.