Now that Dancing with the Stars is over for the season, co-host Brooke Burke-Charvet is prepping for a more serious venture off the dance floor. She will undergo surgery this week to tackle the thyroid cancer she was diagnosed with earlier this fall.
Burke-Charvet went public with her illness on Nov. 8 on the blog Modern Mom. She told her fans that she would need thyroid surgery and a thyroidectomy to battle the cancer. Even with the scary diagnosis, she was upbeat about the cancer and her recovery.
At the time, she said, "I'm going to make a positive out of this negative thing. I am going to be a really good patient and I am going to do everything I need to do."
Now that the week of her surgery is here, the host posted on her Facebook page to talk about her upcoming procedure.
She wrote, "I am touched and appreciative to all of you for sharing your positive wishes for my surgery, and for sharing many of your personal thyroid experiences. I really do read your comments and they all mean a lot to me. I’m getting ready this week for my surgery and am planning on a speedy recovery."
Season 16 of Dancing with the Stars does not premiere until the spring, so Burke-Charvet should have plenty of time to rest and make her health a top priority. She will also have lots of help along the way since her husband, David, and their two kids, daughter Rain, 5, and son Shaya, 4, plus her two daughters from her first marriage, Neriah, 12, and Sierra, 10, are ready to pitch in.
It's clear that Burke-Charvet is feeling the love, though. Her Facebook post concluded with, "What a crazy time, but I am surrounded with love and support and that really makes a world of difference. Thank you for following me and for all your thoughts and prayers. I feel it, truly, and your energy outweighs my stress! From the bottom of my heart, thank you."
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!