Get T-Swizzle A Tiara
So We Can Move On

Taylor Swift couldn't help herself at the 2012 American Music Awards performance of "I Knew You Were Trouble."

Can we get Taylor Swift a tiara or something, please? This girl is obsessed with princesses and aristocracy, and her 2012 American Music Awards performance was no exception.

Taylor Swift's 2012 American Music Award performance.

Swift's performance involved lots of men in masks and tuxedos who fawned over her every move on a giant staircase. We get it, Swift, you are just dying to exchange your cowboy boots for Stuart Weitzmans and head to some exclusive party where a guy will sweep you off your feet.

What?! Taylor Swift spent the night with Ed Sheeran? >>

Swift's performance included her over-the-top romantic style set to her second single off her Red album, "I Knew You Were Trouble." She began the song in a beautiful, and I guess you can say "innocent" gown, but halfway through the performance showcased an instant costume change into a red corset dress. I guess she's trying to symbolically show the drama of the song, right?

The best-and-worst dressed stars of AMAs past >>

I like Taylor Swift, but her continual need for romance and more important, to be a "princess," is getting a little old. It seems like every time I see Swift, she's in some gorgeous dress, fawning over love or lost love. I'd really like to see her get her tiara and maybe change her style a bit, like she did when she finally learned to accept an award without gasping in awe.

*Correction: "I Knew You Were Trouble" is Taylor Swfit's third single off her album, Red. We mistakenly reported this single as her second single.

What do you think of Taylor Swift's 2012 American Music Awards performance?

Taylor Swift boyfriend shuffle banner

Comments

Comments on "Dear Taylor Swift: Please get over your long-lost princess act"

Marie September 26, 2013 | 7:22 PM

Okay this bugs me for a lot of reasons but here's the number one reason: You all are nitpicking her for being too "innocent" but in reality, she's trying to be a good role model. You are probably hating on Miley Cyrus for not being innocent enough and that is really hypocritical and unfair. If Taylor turned around and did a naked video like Miley Cyrus did Wrecking Ball, you would be hating on her about that too, and that makes me really mad. Taylor is doing what she loves to do and you're hating on her for it.

nina August 01, 2013 | 12:08 AM

you are JUST jealous ! she is like a princess herself and don't need to act like one ! i accept that her voice is not perfect but she has her own style ! if you don't like her you don't have to speak about her too ! you say she is not good ok ! but are you better than her ? she has millions of fans all around the world so please just shut your mouth haters !!!

RRBILL April 19, 2013 | 2:29 PM

Taylor Swift is a beautiful, charming and talented young lady who writes her own stuff and sings it very well. I can also understand the words which is more than I can say for most female vocalists.

Kathy April 03, 2013 | 11:11 AM

I am so tired of Taylor Swift...All of her songs are alike,,She acts like she thinks she is better than others....and believe me she isn't...I feel sorry for the next person she dates.....

MiGrant March 09, 2013 | 10:34 PM

My 11 & 12 year-old girls were over Taylor about 6 months ago...why is she still news??

chris March 05, 2013 | 8:55 PM

she needs to grow the ---- up and drop the "innocent" act - its starting to get old and more and more people are seeing her for who she really is now.

Skiwoman61 March 03, 2013 | 8:36 AM

I am so over Taylor Swift period.I turn the radio station when one of her songs play.I really dislike how she mouths the words of performers.Get over yourself,Taylor. Unfortunately,Taylor is a Family name for me which my daughter plans to use.People will think her child was named after Swift.

Katie February 22, 2013 | 1:57 PM

I'm sorry, Jess2248, but you have been brainwashed by society. Taylor Swift is NOT COUNTRY. She is POP. Always WILL BE POP. Please get your information correct before categorizing a horrible Love-Sick-Pop singer with the actual country genre. Thank You.

fay February 21, 2013 | 8:08 PM

I just love when the people call others jealous of so and so because they don't agree with the comments. Makes you look kind of junior high..LOL

Stephanie February 19, 2013 | 9:53 AM

I used to love Taylor but I've lost a lot of respect for her lately. Her attitude has gotten old and immature. She needs to date someone her age.

briannaparis February 16, 2013 | 9:21 AM

i was never a fan of swift.. love her song "trouble" though.... but i'll never be a fan of her.

Jess2248 February 13, 2013 | 1:17 PM

Leave that girl alone! Y'all gonna have a coronary over someone who should not have any affect over your life whatsoever. Everyone in Hollywood is all the same, attention seekers. Don't get mad because you don't like the fact that she gets more than most. I guess Taylor is the country version of Beyonce, lol! She has her haters too!

lola February 11, 2013 | 6:48 PM

i wish everyone would stop hating on taylor about her love life. i went through a lot of men...boys...a few men rather quickly as well when i was her age. and i think her style is adorable. it's her. she shouldn't have to give up herself just because other people don't like it. some of us are just dress lovers. and who doesn't like to look all dolled up at a major public appearance?

Sue Hornung February 08, 2013 | 7:06 PM

Taylor is entitled to her individuality and she is also entitled to grow up a little. What artist out there never used their life experiences to grow professionally or personally? That is typical of any entertainer. I believe that most of he Taylor-haters are actually jealous. There are so very few artists out on tour right now that I would be proud for my grand-daughters to see in concert, but Taylor and Carrie Underwood are are among that small group. Why do we feel the need to criticize others so adamantly when they are a little different? I'm so glad to see popular artists who don't look or act like s. That's what makes me a Taylor fan. She has an aura of innocence that she has managed to stay true to in spite of all detractors and I believe that she is a good Christian girl.

Raisa February 07, 2013 | 11:39 AM

I'm just waiting for the day when Taylor Swift finally implodes like Lindsey Lohan or any of the other multitudinous vapid narcissists in the entertainment industry.

sall February 02, 2013 | 7:40 AM

I don't like her!!!(period) She's just another famous wanna-b who gets passed around, or more like, giving herself to any guy she thinks is "cute." She should grow up and stop acting like a hollywood , and learn to sing.

lose weight pills February 01, 2013 | 3:53 PM

lHS9q4 A round of applause for your article post.Really thank you! Want more.

Connie February 01, 2013 | 7:44 AM

I think Taylor Swift is talented, but she is not doing well as a song writer. Her lyrics stink, she has no rymthn, she can't dance. She tries to look mature but can't pull it off. She should be dating 15 or 16 year old boys because that's the way she acts. She wouldn't know a mature relationship if it bit her on the nose. She definitely cannot sing y, her low voice is terrible. She wants to be like Carrie Underwood but she'll never be able to pull that one off.

MARY January 29, 2013 | 10:39 PM

YES TAYLOR SWIFT REALLY NEEDS A REALITY CHECK. SHE CANT SING COUNTRY AND IS A DISGRACE TO COUNTRY MUSIC. SHE SHOULD CONSIDER ANOTHER CAREER. ONE REASON FOR HER BAD SINGING EVERY TIME SHE IS ANNOUNCED AN AWARD SHE STANDS UP HER BIG MOUTH OPENS AND SHE DOES JUST STAND THERE WITH HER MOUTH OPEN AND I WONDER HOW MANY FLYS HAVE ENTERED MAYBE THAT IS WHY SHE CANT SING HAS A MOUTH FULL OF FLYS. NOW SHE IS TRYING TO BE Y WEARING THESE OPEN CUT DRESSES SPLIT IN MIDDLE AND TRYING TO SHOW HER BOOBS OFF WHICH BY THE WAY SHE HAS KNOWN. SO COVER UP TYLER IT IS NOT A PRETTY SITE . WONDER IF SHE EVER GETS A HEADACHE ON STAGE SINGING THROUGHING HER HEAD ALL AROUND I GET DIZZY JUST WATCHING HER. FIND A NEW CAREER COUNTRY YOU ARE NOT.

Karen January 28, 2013 | 8:29 PM

I love Taylor! She's beautiful talented and genuine! I saw her in concert with my daughter and she was amazing! Say what you want......we know the truth!!!!