Should Macy's Cut Ties With Donald Trump?

Donald Trump has no regrets over his recent Twitter rants, naturally. The man of much ego not only has no shame over having let loose on Barack Obama, but isn't concerned with a growing petition calling for Macy's to "dump Trump."

Donald Trump

Donald Trump proudly has "no regrets" about, well, anything, and he'll happily declare so in the third person.

"The fact is that there’s a large group of people who like Donald Trump and what Donald Trump says," the mogul told Business Week when asked about his recent Twitter tirades. "I have no regrets. I’ve been well-received … I will have way over 2 million Twitter followers shortly."

"Well-received" is apparently open to interpretation, however. Although Donald Trump clearly likes Donald Trump, others are getting sick enough of the host of The Apprentice to start calling for change.

The 66-year-old, who has been selling ties, shirts, suits and cuff links with retail giant Macy's since 2005, "engages in especially unpleasant, nasty and despicable behavior," according to one petition on Signon.org.

The laundry list of criticisms in what's becoming known as the "dump Trump" petition include: sexist behavior, hypocritical behavior (complaining about jobs being sent overseas while his line of ties are made in China), denying the reality of climate change and perpetuating conspiracies against President Obama.

Mark Cuban offers Donald Trump $1 million to buzz off >>

The petition's mission statement, directed at Macy's, reads:

Macy's: Donald Trump does not reflect the "magic of Macy's." We urge you to sever ties with him. Macy's says it has a strong obligation to be "socially responsible" and that "actions speak louder than words." Indeed. It's time to act.

"We’re one of the hottest brands at Macy’s," the ever self-assured Donald Trump told Business Week in regard to all of the "dump Trump" petition hoopla.

He continued, "There is a large group of people who believe in what I say. The fact is the response [at Macy’s] will be the opposite [of a problem]."

As of Friday, however, there is also a large group of people who've had enough. The petition is on track to reach its goal of 15,000 signatures very shortly.

Do you think Macy's should "dump Trump" as the petition calls for?

Image via WENN

Comments

Comments on "Donald Trump: No regrets, no fear of "dump Trump" petition"

cj November 13, 2012 | 11:01 PM

The guy's knee-jerk reaction to the President being re-elected was to storm Washington, incite a revolution. Well, we all have people we admire, I think you all can do better than Donald Trump.

Marna November 13, 2012 | 3:43 PM

We've got a religious group that degrades humans by picketing funerals and bullying people based on their uality and Donald Trump selling Ties at Macy's is an issue?

La Nell Parker November 13, 2012 | 2:36 PM

The Donald has guts for America. I agree 100 % with him against the man in the big house.

Leslie November 13, 2012 | 12:49 PM

All the whiners who threaten not to shop at Macy's probably do not shop there anyway. Donald Trump is great. He is honest and a great business man. Omama needs a education in business 101.So wa wa whiners.

Greg November 13, 2012 | 12:43 PM

Donald is all about making a buck. No different than Rush,Glen Beck,Fox news and the rest of the right wing conspiracy crowd. They toss out raw meat to a bunch of savage dogs and you all ate it up. All of you who bought in to the narrative got what you deserve...4 more years for the incumbant. "Do ya luv it do ya hate it there it is the way you made it" WOW (Frank Zappa}

Elizabeth November 13, 2012 | 12:29 PM

I have always loved Donald Trump. I love that he says what he wants to say and the way he says it. I love that he is honest about what he feels and most of us are to afraid to do so.He He has no laws to hinder him and we should keep him that way. Please leave him alone. He is a rarity.Politics shouldn't be so much in our everyday lives. leave him alone.

sheila November 13, 2012 | 12:19 PM

He's a jerk.All of his "macy" products are made in CHINA!!!!Really you admire people who are rude, mean, and just plain nasty. Wow glad I'm not in your group of friends. Perhaps if "Mr. Trump" turned his vile "no holds barred" approach on some of you it may be a different story.

MsMandeville November 13, 2012 | 12:08 PM

Who Dat? Donald Trump is COOL -- NO FOOL -- A WINNER as a SUCCESSFUL business man -- with a UNIQUE PERSONALITY and a STYLE all his own -- and I along with MANY respect him and his opinions! He has the right to rant -- like everyone else -- for this is AMERICA -- the land of the free. MsMandeville

jworley November 13, 2012 | 11:54 AM

I have been an advocate of Trump but his recent tirades such as offering the money to Obama are way over the top. He hyped the wholel thing a s some specila deal when in fact he did not know what the hell he was going to announce when he said he had an announcement to make( almsot a carnival atmosphere) . It was all bs and in my opinion diminshed his image and professionalism. He needs to go run his businesses and saty off the air waves. And ,yes, I did vote for Rommney !

Susan November 13, 2012 | 11:40 AM

I will not apologize for backing Donald Trump all the . Our country has just made the biggest mistake it ever has since the last time they voted Obama into Office. He said in his last term that he would not stop until he had the United State broke.

cheryl November 13, 2012 | 11:27 AM

My thought is most of you are probably not buying his ties anyway. I like Donald Trump. I think he is incredibly smart and has a right to say what he wants to say. Alot of you dont seem to mind when Obama opens his mouth and spouts off his lies so what difference does it make that Trump is vocal in his disapproval? I quit shopping at Macy's when they fired employees for not letting cross dressers use the womens bathrooms or fitting rooms. I dont think they care either. So they probably wont care if you quit shopping there too.

kathy November 13, 2012 | 11:11 AM

No more shopping @ Macy's until Mr Trump tells his employees in China " YOU ARE FIRED !"

Michael November 13, 2012 | 11:02 AM

Every time this idiot opens his mouth I want to stuff his foot into it.

Mike November 13, 2012 | 10:27 AM

Donald Trump with all the money you have can't you get some real hair. You spend a lot of time and money trying to huniliate the president and he pays you no mine and so do yor followers. Here is a fact he is the President and all of your money and comments can't change that,,,,,get a new life.

Cathy November 13, 2012 | 9:48 AM

What I like about Donald Trump is that he has the voice to say things that half of the country would like to say. I was so mad at Barbara Walters when she got on national TV and said, "Donald you are my friend but you are making a FOOL out of yourself, you have to stop". Well he was just saying what the rest of us would like to. If she knew her Bible she would know that it is wrong to call someone a Fool. The only person that is a FOOL is the one that says there is no GOD. This country needs lots and lots of prayer. Let's hit our kneeds AMERICA!!!!

sue girard November 13, 2012 | 9:15 AM

Donald Trump is greatttt and Macys should keep him in the ad--you have a right not to like him---but we have a right to like him. He's about as smart as they come.

Don Herman November 12, 2012 | 1:33 PM

Macy's can do whatever it wants. But so can I, and I won't be shopping there as long as that idiot's brands are sold there.

kelly November 12, 2012 | 9:54 AM

Two peas in a pod. Obama and Trump are both arrogant and egotistical. This is a country of free speech. If you think Trump needs to be silenced, then you deserve no right to write your comments on this blog. Free speech is a price that has been payed by thousands of people giving their lives so we can express ourselves freely. Just filter the people you find offensive. Besides, Obama needs accountability. If he cannot stand the heat, then he shouldn't have ran for President of the U.S.

krg November 12, 2012 | 9:38 AM

Barak Obama is just as arrogant and egotistical as Trump. He points and shakes that finger in a threatening manner....Trump just makes more noise. This is a country of free speech...If Obama isn't big enough to take the same behavior he to dishes out...then he shouldn't have taken such an important office. Besides...Obama needs some accountability. Bill Clinton nearly lost his presidency for lying about . Obama has lied to the American people so many times...I do not feel sorry for Obama.

has2bthe1 November 11, 2012 | 8:31 PM

This is a no brainer. Trump himself, is not giving the respect he himself would like to get on his "Apprentice" shows or in person. Did he ask for a rebellion when George Bush walked in and took the presidential seat? Trump is struggling to stay relevent. it reminds me when he started the "Aprentice"...when he was put on an allowance. He came up with the apprentice to stay relevent. He's struggling again as his popularity is dying. The "Sweet Prince" knows he is losing his touch. He has now become arrogant and disrespecful, giving less than he himself respects.