Stacey Dash Voted
For Mitt Romney

Stacey Dash didn't vote for President Barack Obama, but she's still going to support him.

Stacey Dash writes letter about election

Former Single Ladies actress Stacey Dash received death threats and all sorts of nasty messages when she came out in support of Mitt Romney for president earlier this fall. We wouldn't have blamed her if the whole experience had turned her into a bitter right-winger. That's definitely not the case, though. The actress wrote a 1,344-word open letter to TMZ that talked about the reasons she voted for President Obama in 2008 — and why she opted for Romney in 2012.

Stacey Dash is officially single & ready to mingle >>

"I freely admit that presidential politics was not something I had much time for before the 2000 election. With Gore and Bush fighting [it] out to the last hanging chad, it was an experience that made me turn even further away from politics," she wrote before alluding to the threats sent by Internet tough guys.

"At the end of the day, we are in this together. This is Our American Family. I do not want to be a part of the hateful voices insulting each other. I want to be a part of the voices that help shape the future. Don't you? Perhaps I publicly endorsed Romney from a slightly naive place, thinking that I could speak my voice without being criticized in such racially charged and hateful tones.

"People get it wrong. My vote for Romney isn't a vote against Obama. That's not how full participants in the democratic process operate. We vote for candidates, and we vote for issues.

"I voted for the Romney ticket because I was inspired by their promises of working tirelessly to create a strong economy as their first objective. I have other issues that are close to my heart, like equality and women's rights and the benefits of strong public schools. I realize, on these issues, I'm entirely progressive. There are plenty of moderate Republicans who feel exactly the way I do on these issues. I don't think we have to trade one for the other. The main objective of our nation must be repairing the economy. All our social concerns must come after this. Without a stable economy, our great nation falls.

"Ultimately, I know that what Stacey Dash thinks about who will be the next president of the United States isn't that important in the scheme of things — but I feel a desperation for the country. The fact is that when the two parties are not working together, it makes things worse!"

The bulk of the letter was written before the election ended, though she added a postscript congratulating the president on four more years.

Stacey Dash can't understand the Mitt Romney fury >>

"President Obama has been re-elected. I congratulate him. No, he was not my choice, but he was the choice of the majority of our country. I do respect and appreciate that the country came together to make a choice. So for that, I applaud Americans," she wrote.

"Although I am disappointed that Governor Romney and Congressman Ryan did not win, I am hopeful that President Obama will lead us to becoming the great UNITED STATES OF AMERICA that thrives."

Level-headed discourse — imagine that! Take note, Donald Trump.

Image courtesy David Livingston/WENN.com

Tags: stacey dash

Comments

Comments on "Stacey Dash writes rational rant over Obama's win"

Minae November 28, 2012 | 12:55 AM

Wrong, Bill, Romney's not the racist. The voters of Obama are the racists. They voted again for Obama because he's half black. You and 93% of the minorities gave him four more years for making the economy worse. His administration has failed. He raised the deficit to $16 trillion. He never balanced the budget. He had the Fast and Furious gun scandal, the $500 million clean energy bankruptcy, and now the Benghazi scandal where a U.S. ambassador and three other Americans were killed. He had Susan Rice lie saying it was about a youtube video. Obama and the inner circle of white house liars knew it was terrorists but didn't want to admit it. The black unemployment rate is skyrocketing under Obama yet the majority of blacks vote for him anyway. Romney created tens of thousands of jobs with when he was governor and through his investments into companies. Obama's grown the government debt so much that jobs are going overseas. Obama attacks business success and lies about Romney, scaring most the black and latino voters. Are we better now than we were four years ago. No way. Look up unemployment rates for black americans and latino americans and americans in general. It's going to get worse the next four years.

Bill November 27, 2012 | 7:29 PM

Romney wanted to turn back the times - Good old days for black people - 1940-1950 Ms Dash, he would have love to send you back to the 1950 A maid in hollywood or playing one... Romney did not give a damm about Dash, his wife maid.

lyndaloo November 25, 2012 | 3:59 AM

BTY TheTruth: Obama HAS continued most of Bush's policies so if you think YOU are the informed one YOU need to google and find the truth. YOU have been duped again by the liars in the Dem/lib/progressive/socialist party. U R a useless idiot!

lyndaloo November 25, 2012 | 3:55 AM

Dems/libs will control every aspect of your lives you useless idiots who voted for them. For generations they have been taking over without you even caring. They replaced daddy in the family w/themselves giving you $$ so you'd vote for them. Now the kids are running around out of control. There was no war on women. Repubs were NOT going to take away your abortions or birth control - THEY want YOU to buy your own. But since there are NO jobs because of Obama's failed leadership HE can take the $ from the workers and give it to you useless idiots who voted him in. Coveting is NOT a good issue to vote on and you did when you voted Obama. Google "useless idiot" to see what that means. USE your computer to google everything to find out the truth. The information super highway is at your fingertips and you Obama lovers out there voted for your own demise and the demise of our nation. Useless Idiots!

Whelyn Tolbert November 23, 2012 | 8:21 AM

Miss Dash just seem to need a spotlight to get back in touch. She was out of sight for a long time.

Detroit 2 November 21, 2012 | 5:43 AM

I wonder what her opinion is of Romney since the election? He's sure ain't acting presidential and his true color is shining through.

Detroit Mel November 20, 2012 | 8:42 PM

Stacy Dash is very pretty...and, obviously has drank alot of the Tea. Does she really believe Romney's view of the economy is to help everyone when you consider his actions at Bain Capital.

Rebecca November 14, 2012 | 12:00 PM

I am glad to see Ms. Dash speak out about her candidate. Thank you, Ms. Dash.

penny torrence November 11, 2012 | 10:20 PM

Ms Dash has her rights just like the rest of us,but i must say speaking publicly in favor of rommey really left a sour tsaste in my mouth ,every reason she gave for voting for rommey was issues that he was not in favor of ,the only issue i see they have in common (dash/rommey) is i quess they are both finnically secure,,but we've came a long way,I'm just thankful that her thoughts and belief were not of the majority,,we would be in serious trouble...

TheTruth November 08, 2012 | 11:27 AM

Sweetheart, stay pretty but PLEASE!! stay away from the voting booth. Haven't you been paying attention? Romney/Ryan were not supportive of any of the issues that you cited as your reason for voting for them. They shipped jobs overseas. They are in favor of the very Bush policies that got us into this mess. They are against abortion, and publicy stated that they would overturn Roe v Wade. They would cut funding for hiring new teachers. They are on record for these positions. It makes more sense to refrain from casting a vote than to cast a completely il-informed one.