Marvel Studios has made a decision regarding their superhero lineup. First, they've finally given Ant-Man a release date. And second, they've confirmed that two of their upcoming sequels are in 3D. Can you guess which ones?
Fans of the Marvel Cinematic Universe are in for a treat. Its parent company Walt Disney Pictures has just revealed their slate for 2013 and beyond. Lucky for us, the batch of films includes Edgar Wright's highly anticipated Ant-Man adaptation.
Wright's been developing the film for several years and it's finally coming to fruition. Ant-Man is expected to hit theaters Nov. 6, 2015. Yes, it's three years away, but it's better than nothing. Plus, we'll have plenty of Marvel goodies to keep us busy.
Here's the upcoming schedule:
- Iron Man 3 will now be available in 3D -- the May 3, 2013 nationwide release date is unchanged (Marvel)
- Phineas and Ferb moves to a 2014 undated nationwide release from July 28, 2013 nationwide
- Thor: The Dark World is the final title of Thor 2 and will now be available in 3D -- the Nov. 8, 2013 nationwide release date is unchanged (Marvel)
- Saving Mr. Banks is now dated on Dec. 20, 2013 for nationwide release (Disney)
Captain America: The Winter Soldier is the final title of Captain America 2 -- the April 4, 2014 nationwide release date is unchanged (Marvel)
- Bears is now dated for an April 18, 2014 nationwide release (Disneynature)
- Guardians of the Galaxy is the final title of Marvel Untitled -- the Aug. 1, 2014 nationwide release date is unchanged (Marvel)
- Disney Animation Untitled is now set for a Nov. 7, 2014 nationwide
- Ant-Man is now dated on Nov. 6, 2015 for nationwide release (Marvel)
Pixar Animation Untitled is now set for a Nov. 25, 2015 nationwide release
Your eyes aren't decieving you -- both Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World will be in 3D. Thankfully, Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy have escaped that fate -- for now.
What film are you the most excited to see?
Photo credit: WENN