15k People Have Signed The Petition

Just days after the rumors started that she is being booted off of the The Today Show, Ann Curry's fans are attempting to take things into their own hands.

Ann Curry

Rumors have been swirling for over a week now about the possibility of Ann Curry being replaced on the The Today Show.

There have been rumors about the same thing before, but these rumors seem to have more face behind them than past ones.

However, many of Curry’s fans will not take this news lying down. A number of her fans, 15,679 to be exact (as of Saturday), have signed a petition on Change.org to keep Curry on the show.

Stephen Crowley, a former US Army Sergeant and Iraq veteran, started the petition.

“One of the things that gives me a sense of calm and certainty in life is Ann Curry's compassionate style of journalism,” Crowley writes in the petition. “I was in Iraq for 10 months in 2005. That experience changed me forever. I am now very sensitive to the hurt, pain and troubles on this planet, even though I feel that I only received a very small portion of that experience.”

Many signees of the petition have left comments, many mentioning the news that Curry may be fired because of the The Today Show’s drop in ratings.

“Please don't get rid of Anne Curry!!!!! SHE IS NOT the reason for your drop in ratings!!!” one person writes.

Curry took over the co-host position just a year ago after Meredith Vieira left the show. There have been rumors in the past months she would not be staying on for long.

Curry was reportedly in talks with NBC executives this week discussing her future with the network. The Today Show is not her only responsibility with NBC.

“So please, NBC Universal. Do not take this from me. Do not take this from us,” continues Crowley in the petition. “Respect Ann Curry, cherish her. She is one of the best things you have going and to throw her away would be nothing short of a crime.”

Photo courtesy WENN.com

Comments

Comments on "Ann Curry's fans fighting for her to stay on The Today Show"

Apple Vera June 29, 2012 | 6:29 PM

If Anne was fired based on not being a ray of sunshine, then why not fire Matt as well? Fact of the matter is, Anne is sweet, warm with a very human intelligence. In a world that's gone techno and obsessed with 15 min of fame, Anne is someone who is very real with genuine compassion that this show really needed. Natalie, Al, Savannah and the three question and answer muskeeter, have enough of that going during the hours of the show. Anne is the one person who completed the show. Matt is no longer the rock star he once was and he knows it. Pointing the finger elsewhere can only work for so long. Once the NBC realise this, they will him to the curb as well...No Bull Crap!

Jan June 29, 2012 | 6:36 AM

I was appalled at Ann Curry's leaving Today! I personally think Hoda & Kathy Lee's being on the show is a turn-off!. I do not watch the portion they are on!! For my part I like the regular cast, Matt, Annn, & Al!!

Lorrie June 28, 2012 | 6:26 AM

Keep Ann get fire Matt. He doesn't have a as turn off on the show.BORING!!!

Carolyn T. Howell June 28, 2012 | 6:18 AM

I will not be watching the Today show....to put this on her is terible! She is the one reason that I watched. She is caring, compassionate and sincere. I noticed that many people requested to have her interview them. She did such a remarkable job. I am really astounded at the lack of loyalty. If she wanted to go that is a different matter. I for one do not like the silly banter. I love Robin Roberts and George but I was going to the Today show because of Ann. I hope with all my heart that this does not affect her. This is the one reason that I am going more and more to cable. This seems like a very cut throat business. Ann Curry is not the reason that the ratings have gone down. I have been very upset over this news. Where do I sign the petition?

FRAN June 27, 2012 | 9:23 AM

Ann is certainly the reason the show is not doing well. She has absolutely no personality and not a fun person to be on early morning tv. The execs. did the right thing. She puts me to sleep. The show is dead. You need to liven up the show with some humor and silliness. She just doesn't have it. You need a lively person to liven up Matt Lauer and create a loose and jovial morning. Since Meredith left, the show has lost my interest and I would say many, many other viewers. She is great correspondent, but does not belong in this role. She is way to serious. She might be a very nice person, but that doesn't cut it. Hope we can laugh again and forget the problems of the world.

Working Mom of 3 June 27, 2012 | 8:39 AM

Ann Curry has way too much talent & intelligence for the Today show. She is a class act who deserves better. Hold your head up high, Ann & move on to a better place. Greener pastures are in store for you! Ann Curry is a shining star!

Gabriel Pitino June 27, 2012 | 6:40 AM

I do not want to see Anne Curry leave the Today Show. I will be watching the show less if she leaves. She is not the reason for the decline in ratings.

ANN June 27, 2012 | 4:41 AM

Ann is not the reason for the drop in your rating they have been decling since Katie Couric left. I don't think Savanah is your answer I will not be watching. I will be watchin Robin Roberts from now on or after ann leaves.

Kat June 26, 2012 | 10:58 PM

Firing Ann Curry is ridiculous! Why don't the producers look at some of the stupid segments they're doing such as asking Star Jones, Donnie D, and the doctor lady their viewpoints about stupid topics?!! The Today Show has been SO DUMBED DOWN... it's below Ann Curry's talents and intelligence anyway!

Mortishaj June 25, 2012 | 5:27 PM

Ann Curry ruined the today show for me. I am glad she is moving on.

Sue Ross June 25, 2012 | 6:36 AM

So NBC wants to blame Ann Curry for it's losing ratings? TODAY's writers and producers want to pass the buck to Ann? Get real TODAY. You did it to yourself. Meredith Viera was no prized. Ann has not had the chance to prove herself. Maybe Ann can't bring in the ratings with a lot of illness drama like Robin Roberts. Ann Curry doesn't exude rasism in every interview like Robin Roberts. Ann Curry is wholesome and a people person..not a MY PEOPLE person...like Robin Roberts. I applaud Ann Curry for remaining on the show and not caving under the threat of being fired. That is poise and courage under fire and exactly what Ann Curry is all about. A real lady. And there aren't many of them left in the world today.

BEVERLY GREEN June 24, 2012 | 5:18 AM

RATINGS ON TODAY SUCK BECAUSE OF INCONSISTENCY NOT BECAUSE OF ANN CURRY Ann is not to blame for the drop in ratings. During the days when it was just Katie Couric and Matt at least 90 percent of the time both anchors were on every time I turned on the television. For the last three years that has not been the case. Viewers WANT CONSISTENCY. They get consistency from GMA. You turn on ABC you always see Robin, George, Josh etc. Nothing changes for them. Nobody is off on assignment to use NBC terminology to explain why one of their anchors is always away

Steve June 24, 2012 | 4:27 AM

My wife and I absolutely LOVE Ann Curry and she is the only reason we watch that segment. We don't care much for the fella who co-anchors with her, but tolerate him to watch Ann work! She is a true people-person and a superb reporter with a very pleasing personality. This lady climbed tall mountains and jumped from crazy-high places for you ..... if she goes we go as well.

Marvin June 23, 2012 | 7:16 PM

What are you doing? The Today show has lost it's footing and the "new kid on the block" gets the blame? We have switched channels several times each morning due to program content ( or lack of it) and NOT because of Ann. She is warm and caring and adventurous and sincere. No one ( especially Savannah) can hold a candle to her.

Valerie June 23, 2012 | 7:11 PM

Ann is not the reason NBC is losing ratings. It is the absolutely inane and boring segments and the focus over and over on topics that should get no more than 10 seconds if that. Don't blame the messenger for mistakes in programing. Think it over over or we will be happy to switch channels after many years of being loyal.