It Is Back To Bring Nightmares Once Again

Stephen King's It is coming back to horrify, this time in a two-part film! Are you ready to be terrified by Pennywise yet again? "They float, they all float... and when you're down here with me, fat boy, you'll float too..."

Stephen King

Stephen King's It is being remade! Yes, Pennywise the Dancing Clown is being reborn into two films to terrorize a whole new generation of budding horror enthusiasts.

The Hollywood Reporter breaks news of the It remake, reporting the Warner Bros adaptation of the novel now has both a writer (Chase Palmer) and director (Cary Fukunga of Jane Eyre fame). The plan is for the pair to work together to adapt the 1986 novel into two films.

Stephen King's The Stand is heading to the big screen >>

Stephen King's It was originally made into a miniseries in 1990, starring John Ritter, Seth Green, Harry Anderson, Jonathan Brandis, Annette O’Toole, Richard Thomas and Tim Curry as the infamous villain Pennywise.

The story, as if you could forget, follows a group of kids called the Losers Club that encounters a creature called It. The creature preys on children by using its ability to transform into a person's worst fears, thus enabling it to exploit the phobias of its victims.

It's official: Julianne Moore is Carrie's psycho mama >>

The It remake has already been a long process of Warner Bros, who acquired the rights in 2009. No word yet on why the studio has scrapped their original intention of keeping the work to just one film.

While many are thrilled to see Stephen King's It coming to the big screen ("Cool! The TV movie didn't do the book justice," wrote one Twitter user Friday), others are less excited to once again see the clown of their childhood nightmares.

"Dear Hollywood, Come up with original material and stop remaking crap from the past," wrote one disgruntled fan in response to the It remake news.

Are you excited to see Stephen King's It remade for the big screen?

Image via WENN

Comments

Comments on "No clowning: Stephen King's It reborn into two films"

Eddy Meijer January 03, 2014 | 3:49 PM

Just watched "Carrie" .. I had no expectations when i heard that there was going to be a remake of that title, but if "It" will get the same approach as this AWESOME MASTERPIECE (!!) I'm gonna be watching it in theaters several times!! The stories of Stephen King contain somekind of atmosphere that can really speak to you, and give you really cold shivers.. And well, i loved Tim Curry as Pennywise, good luck replacing him, but that ugly spider and the story deserve a re-match! Yeah!! Want a balloon!!

Jerry April 15, 2013 | 11:18 AM

As long as it is not made like Bag of Bones then ill be happy. They failed to bring justice to Bag of Bones in the WORST possible way. A&E Should NEVER make movies, much less touch anything Stephen King wrote.

Kim October 28, 2012 | 9:35 PM

The best thing in the mini series was the interaction between the kids and of course, Tim Curry as Pennywise.....brrr....he was one scary clown!!! Hopefully, the movie will be a R rated version with all the stuff that was left out of the mini series. I hope they cast it right and do great things with it!

Alex Ouillette September 25, 2012 | 1:22 PM

This is so cool! I was born in 1993 and watched this movie when I was about 6 or 7 and I still have nightmares about it but it's those nightmares that you wanna keep having because you enjoy being afraid at times! Does anyone know when it'll be in theatres?!

Drea August 31, 2012 | 8:10 PM

I am Very Very excited to see this remake happen! The true fans will be excited like myself. I like what Pennywisecraker said about the ending of the 1990 Tv movie, that ending was terrible and I would love to see it improved. I am dying to know when I can be expecting this movie to be out. I also am really excited to hear who will replace Tim Curry? It would be kinda neat if he would come back to do this film. This movie will be great, the book was amazing, and the 1990 movie was really scary. Tv movies are usually really lame but that one got me.

luke clarke August 02, 2012 | 5:57 PM

yes. i hope they all get remade and the other books turned into a film also

Pennywisecracker July 15, 2012 | 3:00 PM

The original film can definitely be improved upon, to say the least (I think the final scene jumps to most IT fans' minds), but Tim Curry's performance leaves little room for improvement. It was delightfully terrifying in the best way.

Pennypacker July 14, 2012 | 12:39 PM

This is great news. The book was awesome! The first attempt at a movie sucked in the worst way. This story has the potential to be oneof the scariest movies of all time.