Liam Hemsworth's
Older Bro Has Wisdom

How does Chris Hemsworth feel about his brother's engagement to Miley Cyrus? Well, he hasn't officially weighed in on the news, but he did say earlier this year that he thinks they're too young.

Chris Hemsworth and Liam Hemsworth

Super-sexy actor Chris Hemsworth apparently thought his younger brother, Liam Hemsworth, had more sense than to get married at such a young age. Chris, 28, told E! Online at the premiere of The Avengers in April that he figured it wasn't happening.

"They're like 21 or something… I can't see that happening," he said. Finally, someone with some sense! We have to wonder how well he knows his brother, since Liam did propose to Cyrus earlier this week with a huge Neil Lane sparkler.

The older Hemsworth was 27 when he married Spanish actress Elsa Pataky in December 2010. The couple was still young, but their union is more common than marriage at 19 and 22.

Will Chris' feelings have any impact on his brother's upcoming marriage to Cyrus? Not likely — the two are so "in love."

"Life is beautiful," Cyrus tweeted after the engagement news went public. "Thank you for all the love today :) I'm happy to share this news with you all. I feel like all my dreams are coming true."

Even the Hannah Montana star's parents — ever the enablers — are down with the wedding.

"All I ever hoped for as a daddy was to see my kids reach their dreams," Billy Ray Cyrus tweeted. "To find happiness… peace of mind… and someday know… true love."

Billy Ray and wife Tish are a bit worried about their young ages, though.

"He hopes that they aren't in a rush to get married," a source told RadarOnline. "Billy Ray hopes the engagement will be very long, but he isn't opposed to the marriage at all."

We really hope this works, but about 90 percent of our friends who married between 18 and 22 are now divorced. Can they beat the odds? To be continued…

Image courtesy WENN.com

Comments

Comments on "Chris Hemsworth not down with Liam/Miley marriage"

Katerina December 31, 2013 | 4:10 PM

They are too young, it's just that they are "in love" = fooled by hormones, it is laughable. Of course, 90% of this young couples divorce, AFTER this "in love" phase ends and they are tempted to "live while they are young" = f*ck more people. It is as easy as that. And I think they aren't together anymore, aren't they? I don't care much about celebrities, but Cyrus is just EVERYWHERE, it's wery annoying! She is not even beautiful (I don't get why people say she is, it's just make-up, without it she is mediocre at the best. That pouty "duck" mouth and eyes too close...) and not that good singer. And she's as provocative it's ugly. Yeah and she takes drugs - what a "role model".

Lisa December 11, 2013 | 5:55 PM

My mother was 18 when her and my father got married. She is now 62 . Two children and two grandchildren later they are still happily married.

Nouki February 07, 2013 | 3:58 AM

It's a relief Chris said that. And yes, I'm aware that people have gotten married very young in the past... Commitment and marriage today aren't strong as they were before, there are only few exceptions. People now get married and divorce as if they were changing clothes. I do not mean to offend them with this statement, but they're so painfully young. What's the rush? So yah, quoting the writer "Finally, someone with some sense!" Sorry,but I'm with the belief that they need time first to see if it would last. The kids still have a long way to go.

littlepeble15813 November 19, 2012 | 5:48 PM

Chis has a baby girl now, she's so cute!!!!

Bailey October 26, 2012 | 3:07 PM

My parents got married when my mom was 18 and my dad was 24. They have been married for 21 years. I would worry that the fact that they are a Hollywood couple would tear them a part. Sometimes it is easier for a normal couple to deal with marriage than it is for a celebrity couple.

Hannah June 11, 2012 | 10:03 AM

I don't know how bright their future will be, getting engaged at such a young age with the lives they lead, but to each his/her own.

Vanessa June 08, 2012 | 6:49 PM

My parents got married when my mother was nineteen and my father was twenty-two, and they have been happily married for the past twenty years.I would be more worried with the fact that they are a hollywood couple than the fact that they are fairly young. If you find the right person at a young age, there's no telling how things can turn out; however, many Hollywood couples don't always have a happy ending.

Bryn June 08, 2012 | 2:00 PM

This couple is young, but that doesn't mean that they don't have what it takes! No one knows what really goes on in a relationship, so who are we to judge is they are ready or not? I think that they are entering into it with high hopes and good intentions and hopefully that will last.

Emma June 08, 2012 | 1:58 PM

They are really young to get married and don't have the foundations personally for a solid lasting relationship. I think it is possible to stay together from such a young age if you have strong religious beliefs, but it is highly unlikely that this pair has what it takes.