Oprah Winfrey Talks To Paris Jackson

Paris Jackson is talking to the one and only Oprah Winfrey about the death of her world famous father. Check out a sneak peek of the emotional interview here!

Paris JacksonThree years since the death of megastar Michael Jackson, the late star's only daughter is speaking of her grief. In an interview with Oprah Winfrey slated to air Sunday on OWN, Paris Jackson speaks about how she and her two brothers are coping.

In the Paris Jackson interview clip below, the 14-year-old says of mourning her father, "It never gets easier."

Michael Jackson died in 2009, when Paris was just 11 years old, of an overdose of the powerful anesthesia propofol. Dr. Conrad Murray, Michael Jackson's physician, was sentenced to four years in prison after he was convicted of involuntary manslaughter for administering the drug.

Paris Jackson's acting dreams: Dammit, says Janet >>

Notoriously private and protective of his children, many have wondered if the late singer would approve of his children coming into the public spotlight since his passing. In fact, Paris' aunt Janet Jackson has even spoken out to disapprove of the teen's decision to go into the acting business at such a young age.

In the clip from OWN, Oprah can be heard asking Paris, "Did you feel that he wanted you to have a 'quote' normal life?"

Her answer will be heard Sunday, when Oprah's Next Chapter airs.

Is Paris Jackson being exploited by a shady producer? >>

Waiting aside, Paris Jackson's Twitter account may be a good indicator of how "normal" her life is. The teen tweeted on Tuesday, "history exam today .. 3 down , 2 to go(: then it's hello summer vaca!!<3"

The budding star will soon be seen in the upcoming fantasy movie Lundon's Bridge and the Three Keys.

Preview: Oprah's Next Chapter with Paris Jackson and Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson

It's been nearly three years since the death of her father, Michael Jackson. Oprah visits with Paris Jackson. Then, Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson is one of the most successful and controversial rappers ever. After years of feud rumors between him and Oprah, she sits down with him for the first time from his grandmother's home.

Do you think Michael Jackson would approve of Paris Jackson's Oprah interview?

Image via WENN

Comments

Comments on "Paris Jackson is still mourning her dad"

Chriskan Kandakar June 12, 2013 | 3:53 PM

...because she loves her dad, but with time she...

Loon July 19, 2012 | 5:18 PM

Are any of the people making comments literate?

sophia July 10, 2012 | 11:19 AM

order you to paser for paris it not the biological daughter of michael jackson is white and looks not a mj not his father it makes pitier this take for it than a what not I understand why the other mocks it this good on knows the veriter then order to lie it and this stupid this biological parent are debbie rowe and mark lester has no talent of mj heir she him not looks and do not have the same blood so stop you made pitier and prince and blanket also mj does not father biological ok they named just jackson this all ok so stop with your stupid speech

Katie June 11, 2012 | 8:27 PM

I lost my father 25 years ago, I was 15 and I still miss him. Yes it has gotten easier as the years have passed, but there are days when I wish he were here to share in all of my accomplishments. You will never completely get over the loss of a parent no matter what your age.This The caption makes it sound like she's weird for mourning her daddy.

dee June 11, 2012 | 8:15 PM

I believe they are finding there place in the world, the only world they knew was him protecting them, from the world he knew could be so cruel and hard on a young man, and really didnt want that for his children, but he knew fame would follow the children, he wanted them to have a childhood, first and that he did well at, and they love him very much,and will base that love on things he would have wanted for them, i feel they will have a great future, they are use to the bodyguards they have had them all there life, i thing they feel free also.

Katherine June 08, 2012 | 8:20 AM

My daughter lost her father almst 5 years ago, she is 8 years old, and *gasp* she is still mourning over him and I still mourn over my fiance. It doesn't get any easier, you just learn to re-adjust to a new life. Paris will always miss her father and all her big accomplishments will be hard for her because she wants her dad to be there to see it all happen. My daughter had said she knew how Paris would feel when she watched the funeral, I had to show her she isn't the only young child who lost their parent. Your title makes it sound like there is something wrong with her still mourning her loss, reality check, children will always mourn.

Wade June 07, 2012 | 12:26 PM

Alisha, to the best of my knowledge, there's no comment from Michael Jackson specifically speaking about his children entering show business while still young. In an interview with Barbara Walters, when asked about his child one day going into entertainment he responded and added they'd have to "know what you're in for". It's safe to say a 14 year old can't comprehend all that working in this business entails… many adults don't either. As for the question at the end of this topic, I'd lean toward the answer being no. Jackson spoke of his own lack of a childhood, valued his privacy, as well as his children's privacy and worked hard to limit their exposure to the public. Also, Oprah made implications regarding the allegations (which were false) levied against him, as well as making other unkind remarks about his appearance, and so forth. I imagine he wouldn't want his name and his child to be used in turn to help save Oprah's struggling network.

sammy June 07, 2012 | 7:27 AM

Not so much if she goes arm in arm with a woman who always enjoyes calling Michael Jackson a paedophile.... Of course he would never approve this and would be shocked by all this filth!!!

dinklin June 07, 2012 | 6:48 AM

of course she still mourning his death ,but i do think they are exployting her cause of who she is , i dont think mj would approve , its the opposite of what he was trying to do ' keep them out of the public eye.

mari June 06, 2012 | 1:56 PM

No he would never!!! And he would never approve of her behavior now!! :-\

Alisha June 06, 2012 | 1:30 PM

On the part concerning her going into show-business at an early age, i read or heard somewhere that michael said "as long as his kids were happy with what they were doing, it was fine." I can understand Janet being concerned, because all of the siblings of michael have been in show-business since and early age, so everyone is looking out and making sure Paris isn't rushing into this too fast. I believe this 1st movie will really show what talent she's got at acting, and she will most likely finish her education, even going onto college, then pursuing more. Her father had very good intentions about raising his children, and all three of them are very nice and well mannered and respect everyone around them, as it's been said, so there shouldn't be any worry of them doing something that will harm their image. I know that all three will be great when they are older, as they are now. I've lost family members, and it really never does get easier, there is always something that reminds you of the loved one, the pain always remains. She will be a very attractive woman when she grows up, and she certainly has her boundaries now. All three are making their mark on the world in someway, and all we can do, is wish them the very best of luck and hope they continue to make the right choices and continue to make their family, especially their grandmother and father, very proud.

Lynn June 06, 2012 | 11:38 AM

I still miss my mother 20 years later to me its like it happened recently my mother was my whole world my everything, Paris is young and its hard but she will get married one day and have her own family she will always remember her father and I think that if Paris was ever interviewed he probably would of approve of Oprah I think they were good friends but Paris was interviewed already by Ellen so this is no big deal now.

Debbie June 06, 2012 | 9:38 AM

Well...I lost my father 6 years ago this December, I'm 54 years old and no it does NOT get easier. I mourn him, miss him (whatever you want to call it) every waking hour. I miss talking to him, watching and talking football. Not only was he my father but my best friend. My heart has a hole that can never be filled again. So, who are we to judge or tell someone how to feel about a deceased parent/child, famous or not. We are all human and we grieve/mourn differently. Paris, take one day at a time but also enjoy life. Reach high for your dreams and make them happen. You do have your memories and your brothers. Cherish them.

Emma June 06, 2012 | 8:16 AM

I think that is such a loaded question. I'm sure he would only want her to be happy and follow her passions like he did. But he was very protective and tried to keep them away from the spotlight so I do think he would be very cautious of all of it. Hopefully she has wise people pouring into her life.

Ivy June 06, 2012 | 7:42 AM

Nothing wrong with her still mouring her father thats her father she will get better as time goes on there is lots of memorries there and she is young leave her along let her mourn.