Brad Womack Keeps
Talking About Emily

Brad Womack stopped by Austin radio show The Bobby Bones Show on Tuesday to talk about -- what else? -- Emily Maynard and why he totally hates reality television now. Yawn.
Brad Womack keeps talkingWhen you break up with someone, is there a nice way to tell America that you "dodged a bullet?" Not really. And that is precisely what Brad Womack said in response to his broken engagement with Emily Maynard of The Bachelorette.
As of this morning’s appearance on The Bobby Bones Radio Show, it appears Brad wants to play nice. Can you say, "damage control?" On air he said the relationship may have survived under different circumstances, and that he was sincere in his proposal at the time."I think in any other circumstance Em and I would have worked out. I really do. Quite frankly, this whole situation is just weird and any time we try and hang out we had people following us, taking pictures. I get the old saying ‘I made my bed and I need to lie in it’ but I’m very, very protective over the people I care about," he said. "So whenever we were out and it would bother her, I’d get a little upset. We parlayed into moments when we were just alone. I was just done, man. I’m not saying I left, I’m saying I had to re-evaluate if I really wanted this as part of my life."

Bobby Bones wasn’t about to let Brad off the hook with that. "But you went on The Bachelor twice!"
Oh, what now, Brad? That's what we call a dose of, um, reality.
Brad owned the contradiction of not wanting to be surrounded by cameras for the rest of his life but going on the same reality show twice. "You’re exactly right. That’s what I’m sayin.' I made my bed."

Womack says he's blissfully oblivious to what’s going on The Bachelorette. And when he was informed that Emily was taking a jab or two at him on the show, he responded by saying that he can see Emily saying some things in jest, and even if it’s not in jest, he deserves some shots.
The two-time Bachelor went on to say that he's moved on, he's not playing Adele on repeat and he truly wishes Emily the best.
Remember when you first saw Brad on The Bachelorand you wondered how a guy that good looking with that sexy of a voice could still be single? It's all starting to fall into place, isn't it? How indecisive can one guy be? Appear on a reality show twice, but not want to be followed by cameras. Propose to someone, only to break the engagement. Say that he "dodged a bullet" one week and then recant the next. Can Brad just make a decision and stick with it already?

Watch Brad Womack on The Bobby Bones Show

Image courtesy WENN.com

Comments

Comments on "Brad Womack downplays comments about Emily Maynard"

Jackie June 12, 2013 | 6:09 PM

Booh9009, it's either you are a real man or you're a real man; NOT "your a real man" - not to offend, just to enlighten.

August October 13, 2012 | 11:01 AM

Any other man would have put a bullet in their head to get away from that MONSTER.

Marla August 04, 2012 | 3:07 AM

Sometimes thing just don't work out and media is pretty stupid. Having said that, I watched the last season of bachelorette and if Brad is as bad as Emily in the manipulative factor... interesting. I only ended up watching the show out of boredom, but reading up a bit seems like she's a tad of a gold digger... have not seen any other seasons of either side of the show though. I generally find programs where people claim "love" ridiculous, though - while being amusing in how fake they are.

Danielle July 29, 2012 | 2:38 PM

I hope you can end up as happy as Emily is now with Jef! Good luck to you!

Lauren June 08, 2012 | 1:45 PM

Brad, I am a South African and loved loved loved your season. You and Em are amazing and I am devestated that it didn't work out. You're amazing, and you'll be fine. Oh, and everyone in South Africa loves you!

Lola June 02, 2012 | 7:25 PM

Brad is a knuckle dragger who is completely void of intellect and mature social skills. I cannot see how he can ever make any grown woman happy. He's still a little boy trapped in a rapidly aging man's body.

Jodi May 31, 2012 | 9:29 AM

Brad is good, Emily is good. This author seems a little angry at Brad though.

booh9009 May 30, 2012 | 9:22 PM

Brad I think your will make some lady some day a very happy. I think your a real man and though people want to throw stones at you have they not ever been in a relationship that didn't work sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't and that is that. Good Luck in your future and may happiness be with you.

carolann May 30, 2012 | 8:12 PM

Brad, you are a sweet man..I wish it worked with emily because you two seemed so perfect.. I hope you find someone special, you deserve it!

lc May 30, 2012 | 3:07 PM

Brad great interview. You are a gentleman. Emily in my eyes was not the GIRL for you and I trust you find a great woman some day.

Caitlin May 30, 2012 | 10:11 AM

Emily is definitely the one who dodged a bullet. I'm loving this season and I hope she finds someone right for her one way or another!

Emma May 29, 2012 | 4:43 PM

Exactly why I didn't watch him a second time! And I think Emily is the one who dodged a bullet! Brad is ridiculous. If he wanted out of the limelight, he could make that happen. But he doesn't, clearly! I am not a fan of his at all! I hope Emily truly finds happiness this season.