Zach Braff Wants To Be Jim Parsons' Boyfriend?

Jim Parsons' gay reveal wasn't made with much hoopla, yet one fellow star is pretty excited to hear the news. What do you think of Zach Braff's Big Bang joke?

Jim Parsons

Jim Parsons, Big Bang Theory star extraordinaire, is gay. The man known to fawning fans as Sheldon Cooper quietly came out of the closet during a recent interview with The New York Times.

The Jim Parsons article notes simply, "Mr. Parsons is gay and in a 10-year relationship, and working with an ensemble again onstage was like nourishment, he said."

That's it, no word on who the actor's long-term boyfriend is, nor further blurb about his personal life -- but that doesn't mean everyone else isn't talking about it -- including fellow actor Zach Braff!

Jim Parsons to make a big bang on Broadway >>

The former Scrubs star, who worked with Jim Parsons in the 2004 film Garden State, had this to say Wednesday night in reaction to the gay reveal:

"I have always LOVED Jim Parsons. Now I can finally Big Bang him."

Joining right along, Braff's followers shared their own two bits of hilarity:

• "No you can't. He don't want no Scrubs."
  • "By the way, it says 'BALLS' on your face." (That's some Garden State humor.)
  • "Think about how that would make Chocolate Bear feel!" (Zach Braff and former Scrubs co-star Donald Faison have a longstanding bromance going.)

Zach Braff: I'm not gay -- I was hacked! >>

Still, one tweet in particular about Jim Parsons' coming out seems to have struck the loudest chord. @Beetommy's message, "In all honesty, I'm more shocked about Jim Parsons' age than his sexuality," has since been retweeted over a thousand times.

We have to agree -- how can Jim Parsons be 39? Spill the age-defying secrets, please!

Are there wedding bells in Big Bang Theory's future? >>

What is your reaction to The Big Bang Theory star Jim Parsons' gay reveal?

Image via WENN

Comments

Comments on "Jim Parsons' gay reveal: Big Bang joke for Zach Braff"

Shaking my head August 14, 2013 | 11:11 AM

@ Snuffy... Being bigotted and full of hate is no way to go through life, but the sad part is that you LEARNED that behavior somewhere. You CHOSE to continue in that lifestyle, and probably even indoctrinated others who followed your "teachings". People do not CHOOSE to be born , nor do they later CHOOSE to live that lifestyle, where they are often disowned by bigotted family members, subjected to harassment, beatings and, in some cases, being murdered. Let's assume, for my amusement, that your hypothesis is true, though. I have a few questions for you: At what point in your life did YOU decide, or CHOOSE, to be STRAIGHT?? Did you try being a homoual for a while, then decide it wasn't for you, then CHOOSE to go straight or did you just always KNOW that you were attracted to the opposite gender? Thanks in advance for your answers......

kristin July 25, 2013 | 1:39 PM

wow look at all these idiots talking about how they used to like him before they knew he was lol. it must suck to be that ignorant

Person June 18, 2013 | 5:50 AM

He's 40 now. He's the second oldest-Two years younger then Kevin Sussman(Walter, you know, the guy behind the counter at the comic book shop? Yeah, him.). I knew he was , but before I found out I did not expect it. Kaley Cuoco, the actress playing Penny, is 27. 13 years younger! 15 years younger then Kevin Sussman.

Stephanie June 03, 2013 | 7:20 AM

I am a huge Big Bang Theory fan, didn't realize he was in theater, would really enjoy that. His character is my favorite on the show and like others who posted, I can't believe he is 39. Him coming out doesn't change any of that. I'm glad he has found someone who makes him happy. Kind of wish he'd say who it is.

Woofy April 30, 2013 | 4:18 AM

Aw, shame Zacg isn't ! My two favourite actors together!! :3 Oh well! Love them both still!! ?

Paytyn March 28, 2013 | 10:40 PM

Kind of dissapointed. Oh well! I will always be Jim's biggest fan! Love you so much!!!!

Snot March 15, 2013 | 10:31 AM

Zach Braff is so hilarious the only thing er than his jokes is him. On another note, Sheldor rules!

Lori H January 17, 2013 | 4:01 PM

I watch Big Bang reruns at night numerous times and also the new ones. Jim Parsons is so talented along with rest of the cast! He's an awesome actor, I would love to watch him on Broadwy! Love him , his character, ad damn he looks good for his age!!!!!

Colleen Marie January 12, 2013 | 10:26 PM

He's 39?! Wow. I knew Kacey was younger than the rest, but I didn't know it was that much younger.

Meg January 09, 2013 | 8:41 PM

To be honest, I really don't care. All it makes me do is have even more respect to him. What I have learned from jim (not just in this situation, but the characters he plays) is to be yourself and go for it!:) I love you Jim!!! Don't stop being yourself no matter what crazy thing society throws at you!! :)

joe December 13, 2012 | 11:06 PM

Great actor very funny show, and love all his fellow actors also, who cares about his uality as long as he's happy.

jim December 12, 2012 | 6:49 PM

That sux I used to like him.he was my favorite character on the show. O well. Guess ill have to change the channel

Friedrich von Rohde und Kurtwuetz November 24, 2012 | 11:52 AM

Jim is a great actor, very talented and convincing. The fact he is does not bother me at all. It is his private life and I am happy for him! Carry on, Jim! I'm your big fan!

Alex V November 17, 2012 | 8:41 PM

It doesn't affect me directly or make me better or worse about him that he is . It is his talent is what is important. I must admit though I have a bit of a crush on him and wish he was all snugly in my bed as I write this

Aamu Yami October 08, 2012 | 11:32 AM

Well, I'm a bit surprised... On the other hand, it was soo obvious... Damn, I still love Sheldon :) But his age is really a shock! He really doesn't look an inch like 40-years-old! I estimated him to be a bit older than 30, while he looks a bit older than 20... How does he do that???

wanda October 02, 2012 | 11:35 PM

It his life let him live it the way he like,s to. It is no body,s business what he does.

Trish September 23, 2012 | 11:24 PM

The bible says homouality is wrong. God destroyed a whole city cos of dat. But who are we to judge? The bible also says d way we judge people on earth we shall b judged d same in heaven. Let's leave the judging to God. Plus its bin pretty obvious Jim's ! But nevertheless I still love Jim Parsons!!!!! :D

William September 17, 2012 | 10:07 AM

Duke why? That is some hateful stuff you are spewing. Even if your belief system disapproves of homouality you don't have to be hateful about it.

angie September 13, 2012 | 11:33 PM

Never miss the show, the Sheldon character makes the show and he is a brilliant actor, no one could pull off that character as convincingly as he does. Don't know why we allow the media to delve into peoples private lives! Do people really live such dismal lives that they get excited when some actor "comes out the closet"? There are more important things going on in the world than what goes on in peoples private lives- regardless if we agree or disagree with it. To some its not a choice to others it is. All of humanity will never agree unanimously on one specific topic. Just like people have the right to be and be defenders of rights, so so people have the right to not be and not be okay with it. The point is even though we are diffferent with different opinions, we need to treat each other with more respect.

Well September 09, 2012 | 5:33 PM

Katy, it IS a choice, just not one that can be actively controlled. Yes, that is a purposeful contradiction.