A&E Puts Dog Down

Dog the Bounty Hunter is no more. It had a good run, but A&E has canceled the action-packed reality series. Duane "Dog" Chapman and his family will have to find another way to get their TV kicks.

Duane Dog Chapman

Every dog has its day and it's finally come for Duane Chapman. The star of the A&E reality series, Dog the Bounty Hunter is out of a job. After eight seasons of culprits and controversy, the cable network has canceled his show.

Dog the Bounty Hunter hunts down incredible ratings >>

According to The NY Daily News, A&E officially pulled Bounty Hunter's plug on Monday. The series followed Chapman and his family-run bounty hunter business, as they tracked down fugitives from justice.

No explanation has been given for the cancellation. But some say the network and the star were butting heads over creative differences. And rather than deal with the conflict, they opted to axe the show altogether.

During its run, the Chapmans were involved in just as much legal trouble as their targets. In 2006, Duane and one of his employees "were arrested on charges of illegal detention in the capture of Max Factor heir Andrew Luster in Mexico."

Also, one of Duane's former collars, Hoang Minh Phung Nguyen, sued the Chapmans after being accused and arrested on attempted murder. The charges were dropped due to lack of evidence, but after appearing on the show, Nguyen was was fired from his job and forced to relocate.

Dog the Bounty Hunter's family drama >>

Dog the Bounty Hunter's most notorious off-camera incidents involve his children. Last year, his sons Duane II and Leland left the show and cut all contact with the family. While Chapman's daughter Lyssa was recently arrested for property damage and assaulting a police officer.

Are you sad to see Dog go?

Photo credit: Nikki Nelson/ WENN

Tags: dog the bounty hunter

Comments

Comments on "Canceled! Dog the Bounty Hunter is D.O.A"

Lisa J January 23, 2013 | 7:21 PM

I think its stupid.Honey BooBoo and Redneck Millionaires should be axed

Betty Copeland December 28, 2012 | 6:11 AM

I had to come off one of my meds.It put me into full blown withdrawl. To try to help they got me cable which we can't afford. They thought it might help because I've always loved DOG and family. Now I find out that he is not on any more. I was counting on this show now I'm worse than I was. WITHDRAWL and pulling my hair out and crying all the time. And no one can help. THANKS A&E NOT

Elizabeth October 12, 2012 | 7:31 PM

Really? Hogwash like Honey Boo Boo (and it is literally hogwash!--how about some manners and a bath for the family?) have a slot, and Dog sincerely tries to help people and gets the boot? One of the SMARTER stations should pick up Dog. Show A & E who has brains!

CJ August 15, 2012 | 10:08 AM

Yeh Why cancel Dog,,,, it was a great show! Now were stuck w/ filth like Jerry Springer :( It's not only a dirty show, but its just plain NASTY! The gross stuff that comes on that show and the nasty things they choose to talk about! Come on now. Why keep a show like that and cancel something like Dog. Get real! I cant stand Springer. It's the same crap over and over and who wants to hear about a man sleeping with a woman who is really a man! Gross!

Brenda August 10, 2012 | 7:16 AM

Sorry to hear that they are canceling DOG - they should take off JERRY SPRINGER as that is nothing but trash. GOD doesn,t want people to watch that stuff.My sister BEV is also sorry to see DOG go as we both enjoyed watching them.May they find a different cannel to be on.

Ed July 29, 2012 | 2:17 PM

Save The Dog and cancel stuff like TMZ jerry springer. The show is one of the best on tv or I guess was. It was starting to get a little stale at the end though. He started losing his "hunger" after the Luster thing. He has gotten gun shy.

a garcia July 12, 2012 | 10:45 PM

they need to find another channel to pick them up

Sue July 06, 2012 | 12:39 PM

Am also sad to here the show ending. I really like watching.. An. d they are doing a job and helping those in trouble. We are fans;who are tired of good shows being cancelled while other shows that shouldn't be on tv are. There are lots of other shows that are trsh and televised. Thank gooned i can change the channel or put in a DVD. I think The Bounty Hunter and family look into being televised on different tv stations. Or find other producers who would air many more series.....You know how about making movies about the good you do. Sincerly Susan Jacobs

judy & Dahryl White June 26, 2012 | 5:52 PM

Sorry,to see the show go.Good luck to you dog.family.God Bless you. judy& son dahryl

Tiffany June 21, 2012 | 6:18 PM

I really, REALLY, REALLY, Like this show I think it's unfair to the fans, and viewers to just pull the plug with no explanation of why???

teresa June 01, 2012 | 2:17 PM

HOW COULD THEY TAKE THE BEST SHOW AWAY!! I LOVE THIS SHOW MY BROTHER AND I WATCH IT EVERYDAY IF A&E CANCELED DOG THEN ANOTHER CHANNELSHOULD PICK IT UP LIKE E! A&E JUST LOST A VIEWER THANKS TO THAT!!!!

Diane May 24, 2012 | 12:15 AM

I am very very upset about "DOG" being cancelled. I plan on boycotting A + E. This is my favorite show. My children know when they are flipping channels and "DOG" is on we leave it. They also know what time and night it comes on. So, rock on "DOG" I am a forever fan. As far as A + E goes......well they know where they can go. I also heard a rumor that someone threatened "DOG" and his family? What is this world coming to?