50 Shades Casting News

Wouldn't you love to see Ian Somerhalder and girlfriend/co-star Nina Dobrev get hot and heavy together in a film adaptation of the steamy novel Fifty Shades of Grey? Don't hold your breath.

Ian Somerhalder Nina DobrevIan Somerhalder totally wants to play smoldering sexpot Christian Grey in whatever film adaptation of the hit light S&M novel Fifty Shades of Grey might be made -- but someone very close to the actor isn't so keen on the idea.

Somerhalder has expressed a huge amount of interest in the role, telling Ryan Seacrest last month, "I absolutely would be up for that. It could be very, very amazing," Somerhalder said. "I have the book and I just started reading it. That would be a pretty incredible thing, and hopefully that could pan out."

"Beyond the shadow of a doubt, I think that would be a phenomenal opportunity!"

The actor's Vampire Diaries co-star and real life girlfriend Nina Dobrev is rumored to be under consideration to play Grey's submissive sex partner Anastasia Steele, but frankly she isn't too keen on it.

Nina Dobrev on Ian Somerhalder's Desire to be in Fifty Shades of Grey: "I Bought Him the Book" >>

"I don't know if that's a good idea," she told MTV News. "I think it's best for any of the actors on the Vampire Diaries to kind of do their own things... and create new characters. And as much as you try when you shoot a movie, if it's two of the same people, the fans will always see you as... they'll see me as Elena and they'll see him as Damon if we do a film together."

"I think it would be better [if] either he should get it or I should get it," she said. "I know that apparently he's really great for the role, so I hope that he gets it."

Harumph. That's a bummer, because seeing these two get down and dirty on-screen would totes give fans a peek at what they're like under the sheets in real life, wouldn't it? She's such a party pooper.

Image courtesy Jody Cortes / WENN.com

Comments

Comments on "Ian Somerhalder in Fifty Shades of Grey ? No, thanks"

Yu Gee Oh September 25, 2012 | 9:47 AM

I haven't read d book,but anything that has to do with hot eyes and smoldering looks??I go Ian all the way.Ian is perfect for d part.so please it shouldn't be ruined with someone else.but Nina Dobrev?I don't think so,I think we fans of TVD,need to be able to seperate both movies.besides I'm crazy about Ian.

cassie September 03, 2012 | 10:13 PM

Ian Somerhalder def should play the part of Christian Grey and ana idk yet really

Tomi Morrison August 20, 2012 | 4:02 PM

Ian Somerhalder and Alexis Bledel!

samantha August 16, 2012 | 9:55 AM

Ian somerhalder all the way!!!!!!!! :):):):)

Stef July 25, 2012 | 3:53 AM

I understand Nina's thinking but who else will be able to have the ual chemistry? they're the PERFECT couple for these roles!!

Anne Jenny Fife June 28, 2012 | 5:21 AM

IAN SOMERHALDER for Christian Grey! we all know he will be perfect for it... he is a good actor and y too. :-D

Britney June 18, 2012 | 9:29 AM

Alexander Skarsgard all the way!! Ian is too short! Eric Northman = Christian Grey! He's pretty much already playing the role! He also showed in season 4 of True blood that he can play the kinder side of Christian, but he can also play the darker sides! On the other hand, an established actor might not be the way to go! Like Robert Pattinson, Alexander ect.. because I would be thinking of them as their other roles while trying to watch the 50 shades movie. Like how can Eric or Edward play Christin? lol

Kathy June 12, 2012 | 3:24 AM

Yes, Ian is perfect for this role. I can imagine him as tortured, brooding, slightly mad, spoiled playboy. And for the role of virgin girl - Anastasia, maybe Dakota Fanning could do. She is very young and has that kind of lolita look which would work fine for the movie.

eEsAPd June 11, 2012 | 9:48 PM

Matt Bomer and Rooney Mara hands down!!!

Lydia June 04, 2012 | 5:53 PM

Henry Cavill as Christian Grey and Amanda Seyfried as Anastasia!!

Hannah June 02, 2012 | 10:21 AM

DO NOT CAST ROBERT PATTINSON THERE IS NOTHING Y ABOUT HIM AT ALL LOL !!!!!!!!!

Hannah June 02, 2012 | 10:18 AM

IAN SOMERHALDER IS THE PERFECT CHRISTIAN GREY !!!!!!!!!!!!!! If hes not cast as christian i wont watch it at all lol, IAN IS PERFECT and my Anastacia choice is Kristen stewart !!!!!!!!!!

Kai May 31, 2012 | 6:15 PM

Ian = Christian Grey Hands down he has the attitude the smile that crazed personality mood swings always brooding those intoxicating eyes and we NEED intoxicating eyes which is a major part of being Christian Grey he just fits the role as i read it the first time that is whom i imagined quickly. Now who ever mentioned Norman Reedus I adore you lmfao but i just love him and his redneck ways in the walking dead o.o Robert and Kristen Eww im tired of them and really Robert... A Drop Dead y Dom?? thats doesn't fit his profile wat so ever :-) i would die for some Ian

Rose10 May 30, 2012 | 1:15 PM

My Vote goes to IAN SOMERHALDER... Perfect, PERFECT for the Role. I also read the book thinking Ian is Christian. Please cast him...

Jennifer May 30, 2012 | 11:22 AM

When reading the book I can just picture Ian. I think he would be phenomenal in this role!!!! As for Ana.... Alexis Bledel has got the doe-eyed innocent girl thing down, but have you seen her in Sin City ???!!!! Perfect match Just Sayin ;)

CCBEAN May 27, 2012 | 8:07 PM

Definitely Ian! I think the majority of women see Ian as Christian and I absolutely will NOT go see this movie is Pattinson or Stewart are cast.

Joyantee May 24, 2012 | 4:12 PM

Ian Somerhalder, and Mila Kunis. I haven't read the book, but, I hope Ian gets the role. AND, pleaseeee, NO KRISTEN and NO ROBERT!!!

Lily May 22, 2012 | 4:07 PM

I know that the person I had in mind for Christian isn't an actor, but I when I recently seen a picture of him I thought he would be perfect. David Beckham. Wow. Even though I know this possibility is very small he would a perfect match.

Erin May 22, 2012 | 9:56 AM

I would love to see Alexandar Skarsgaard from the True Blood series play Christian. He has some of the exact characteristics that is described in the book. He is tall,smoldering good looks, flowing hair, he can shift from intense to sweet in an instant, and his fingers are lengthy and lucious as in the book. All and all he is one hot hunk of a man. He would be absolutley perfect! Ladies if you dont know what I am talking about take a minumte to catch him in the True Blood series and you will know exactly what I am talking about!

Shelli May 21, 2012 | 10:49 AM

It's comical that anyone would want Robert Pattison and Kristen Stewart as leads. Give me a break!! Kristen Stewart is awkard and DARK.. not the awkward innocent like Anastasia. Robert Pattison just doesn't fit the Christian Grey image at all! They will always be tied to the Twilight saga and I would hate to see them even attempt these roles. Ian would be PERFECT.. but I think they can find someone better for Anastasia. Doesn't seem like his girlfriend is willing play the role anyway. What about Rachel Bilson as Ana?