Xtina Says Sorry
To Tony Lucca

Christina Aguilera must be feeling a bit wistful now that the second season of The Voice is over: She finally apologized for being a total B to Tony Lucca all season.

Christina Aguilera apologizes to Tony Lucca

Christina Aguilera may be a lot of things, but she's apparently not above apologizing when she's wrong. The singer — embroiled in a feud with contestant Tony Lucca all season — said her sorrys for being rude.

"She just wanted to clear the air a bit," Lucca, 36, told US Weekly of their private backstage chat, adding that Aguilera "apologize[d] that this became much more of a dramatic thing than she ever intended it."

Jermaine Paul still can't believe his win on The Voice >>

The pair have been at each other's throats for several weeks, despite their history as co-stars on The All-New Mickey Mouse Club back in the mid '90s. Aguilera started the feud by calling Lucca "one-dimensional" and, most recently, by criticizing his performance of "99 Problems" as derogatory toward women. Lucca eventually shot back at Aguilera by calling her "pathetic."

Lucca regained his composure during his chat with Xtina. "I said to her, 'I hope that we can be cool moving forward,'" he told the magazine. "I take pride in the fact that my whole career has been a career of integrity and sound relationships."

To be fair, he took the high road for most of the season, complimenting Aguilera even when she was trying to undermine his spot on the show.

"I take pride in the fact that Justin [Timberlake] and J.C. [Chasez] and people will go to bat for me. Because of that integrity, I would hate to think that through this whole course that [Christina] and I would both suffer on the backside," he added. "So, you know, water under the bridge."

"Her criticism for the most part has inspired me and led me to a higher plane than I might not have found otherwise," Lucca added. "I've tried to turn that all into positive and use it for creative inspiration but I don't know… maybe this is America's way of saying that they don’t want to reward this sort of petty back-and-forth kind of thing."

Lucca came in at third place behind Juliet Simms and winner Jermaine Paul.

Image courtesy WENN.com

Comments

Comments on "Christina Aguilera does the unthinkable: She apologizes"

John May 09, 2012 | 5:33 PM

So, cutitout what show was I watching when X-tina called Tony One Dementional?? If that is not a personal slur then I don't know what is. Tell me how this helps him to improve his performance or how he should have responded to that comment except to say the next week o.k. in your face with my One Demention with "Hit Me Baby One More Time"? I think when you can play off of someone elses Ignorance that makes you the bigger person.

dsgribble May 09, 2012 | 3:26 PM

Christina is an idiot If she's back next season, we won't watch!!!!!!

cutitout May 09, 2012 | 2:48 PM

She did not apologize for critiquing his performance(thats what her job was) seems to me she apologized for all the drama in the media(which he started/fanned/used for his gain) that occurs when your dealing with a big star, he was not ready for it.Shady. I love her. Tony was pressed after she did not like his Peter Gabriel performance and he has been shading her in the media ever since. Christina never got personal, Its not her fault he could not handle criticism from her. If any of the other judges said what she said no one would have cared, including Tony.

wanda May 09, 2012 | 1:54 PM

If she is a judge next year, I will NOT watch The Voice!

Elle May 09, 2012 | 12:55 PM

Derogatory? Ahem...I can't think of nothing else but THAT when I saw her DIRRTY music video. Hypocrite - she is.

John May 09, 2012 | 12:48 PM

It seems odd that Christina had such praise for him in the blind auditions then becomes a total "B" to him the rest of the season. She did'nt know who he was when he auditions and changed her tune afterwards which leds me to believe it stems from something in their past. When Hall & Oats can go on and sing Rich Girl which they sang the lyric "Your a Bit** Girl" and not even be bleeped or anything said about being derogitory I find that odd. Just saying!!!

Vincent May 09, 2012 | 12:48 PM

When watching the Voice, here we commented all season on what a and how rude she was. She was, as Tony stated, pretty pathetic. She showed her true colors on the Voice this season.

Tina May 09, 2012 | 12:29 PM

But calling women dumb is okay, Zuma? Pot, meet kettle.

Zuma May 09, 2012 | 12:12 PM

Women are so dumb lol. Christina was right about the song lyrics and yet the writer is a female defending Tony. I respect Christina for always being honest