Does Xtina Have A
Crush On Tony Lucca?

Christina Aguilera seems to have it in for contestant -- and former co-star -- Tony Lucca on The Voice. Does she really hate him? Well, there's a thin line between love and hate.

Christina Aguilera continues Tony Lucca feud

It's pretty safe to say that Tony Lucca has had enough of Christina Aguilera's constant criticism on The Voice — and he's finally speaking up about it. It all started on Monday night when Lucca performed The Heavy's "How Do You Like Me Now." Aguilera interjected that she was the one who cleared the song for the show — she wanted it for one of her former competitors. Then, she took an indirect swipe at Lucca while complimenting another performer.

"I just encourage Adam to really look at you, and I know the obvious predictable choice for Adam would to be swayed towards Tony because of their vibe," she snarked. "But I’m telling you, take a look at Katrina Parker because she’s a star."

That may be the case, but it seems like she just has it out for her former All-New Mickey Mouse Club co-star.

"I was just scratching my head like: 'Really, you have to keep going on with this?'" Lucca lamented to People after the show. "All of the other coaches have been pretty respectful about each other's choices. But now it seems like she's just flat-out trying to get me out of here."

He's got a point: She's done nothing but criticize him the entire season, calling him "one-dimensional" and claiming he's using his famous pals — like Justin Timberlake — to gain momentum on the show. Is someone feeling threatened by her old co-star? We don't know why she would be, but we have a bigger theory: She had a huge crush on him and is trying to deny it by being totally nasty to him.

It would make sense — she claimed Britney Spears had a huge crush on him when they all co-starred together on the Disney Channel show, but she could be covering up her own feelings. He was the "older guy" on the show, after all.

"We weren’t really friends on the show," Lucca told The Hollywood Reporter. "She was 12 and I was 17. So at that age, there were the older kids and the younger kids."

"We had a wonderful working relationship," he added. "There were music numbers that we did where I would sing background for her, and there were dance numbers and all that kind of stuff."

Image courtesy WENN.com

Do you think we're on to something here, or is Aguilera just being a b**** for the fun of it?

Comments

Comments on "The Voice's Tony Lucca finally snaps on Christina Aguilera"

Stacie September 10, 2012 | 3:48 AM

You guys are all stupid Christina is obviously the better person here. So what if she doesnt like tony, get over it! Christina aguilera is amazing and she always has been thats nothing new

Elizabeth May 22, 2012 | 11:34 AM

Well based on a E! Special about the MMC made years ago, Christina and Britney had huge crushes on Tony and he was dating Keri Russell (plus he was 17 while they were like 12). I don't know why that would cause her to hold a grudge though. If she's trying to conceal the fact that she liked him back in the day by being overly cruel, I think that's ridiculous, nobody cares about your childhood crush. I don't think it was bad that she didn't recognize him at first because he doesn't look the same, but it then became very obvious that she would only critique him over everyone else. I'm not saying that her liking Katrina was bad, Katrina was my favorite performer on the show personally and if Adam had split the vote 50/50 she would have stayed, but the point is that he didn't and he had to go with who he worked best with and that was Tony, and Christina was not authentically a Katrina fan, she was making unnecessary comments to Tony the entire time, more than being constructive. I don't know if it has to do with their past or he not liking Adam but I hope she knows just how noticeable it was on the show. And I hope she knows that people probably didn't vote for Chris because of her. Not saying he would have won, but he did amazing and probably would not have come in fourth if she had shut the hell up. It just bothered me because her antics detracted from the performers. When Adam pulled out the Xtina shirt I believe it was genuinely to shut her up, but she just wanted that spotlight on her.

Jenna May 09, 2012 | 4:05 PM

Xtina should be fired.

Debbie May 09, 2012 | 11:01 AM

Well, America did not favor Katrina consistently. Adam had to save her from the bottom 2 or she would have been long gone. I love both performers, but think the personal attacks are unfair. The judges are not supposed to sabotage the performers, just critique the SINGING

M. L. Saggs May 09, 2012 | 7:05 AM

I think she (Christina) has been extremely rude and obnoxious. I use to like her but I have no respect for someone who publicly insults people especially in a comptetion like the Voice. She has really taken a DIVE (not DIVA) in my estimation. Not a very nice person. Maybe a great singer and as long as she doesn't open her mouth for anything else but that, I'm good.

jim May 09, 2012 | 4:01 AM

Annie..you wish TONY would just let it go?? Are you watching the same show as the rest of America? Christina has been a cold hearted, repugnant b*tch to him from day one! What kind of judge slams another judges performer like that. You can say it was a fine performance or a good performance without being hypocritical & at the very least look not quite so small & petty. To tell Adam, with poor Tony right there, who he should consider & who he should cut is beyond the pale. AND....Christina thought "99 Problems" was offensive to women?? How bout her hauling her lard ass out there every other week in something barely there...I'm sure that does a lot to enhance the image of strong, intellectual women who don't want to be objectified...e..give me a break!! Don't know what she's got against Tony, but it sure brought out a truly unattractive, petty, and classless side of Christina Honestly if she can't be anymore objective than that about the OTHER judges team, she doesn't need to be there. They should fire her self centered ass!

Clara May 08, 2012 | 12:54 PM

I used to like Christina, but she makes the whole show look bad, because she hates Tony for no reason other than she is a total B----. She acts jealous, because her singing career is over, and Tony's is just beginning. She is a has been, and looks like a . She tries to show off her tits for ratings, and has to be in the spot light all the time. Those fake tears of hers last night, and her total disrepect for the other contestants should get her put off the show. Tony has always been respectful of her, but she can't act that way towards him and never has from the beginning. Get over yourself Christina and stop hating on Tony. I will never ever buy any of her music, she sucks!!!

bruce May 08, 2012 | 8:16 AM

TO ANNIE, Who said Tony can't deal with it? He's dealing just fine!!! He's still there and he's not attacking her while she puts him down each week. Think she had something for him as a little girl crush on Tony who was 17 at the time on The MMC !!!

Vickie May 08, 2012 | 8:02 AM

Tony certainly doesn't deserve the vindictive remarks coming from Christina. Could she be holding a grudge from some past, real or imagined, snub...possibly from her MMC days? Perhaps Christina (who was 12 then) was ignored by the 17 year old Tony. We all know that Christina loves to be the "center of attention" and makes everything about HER. Seems to me she was dissing Britney too at one point. A little jealousy perhaps because Britney was prettier and way more popular, even though Christina clearly had the better voice. Just saying.

brian May 08, 2012 | 6:52 AM

I too have had it with the way Christina has been ripping Tony apart the entire season. Who is the professional here ????? Last night she went completely over board by paying more attention to her nails then acknowleding his respect for her and the other judges when he was thanking them for all of their support and encouragement throughout the season. WAKE UP CHRISTINA AND GET REAL!!!!! You have caught a break which elevated you to where you are now, give Tony a chance and move on from the MOUSEKETEER DAYS!!!!!

Judi May 08, 2012 | 6:30 AM

Annie - wake up! Tony is not the problem, Christina is a spoiled ----- and the show should shut her up. Constructive critism should be given without the greater than thou attitude. She is not there to insult the contestants. All the other judges work well together and try to mentor all the contestants. She is way out of line. I wouldn't buy her music if they paid me two-fold.

wanda May 08, 2012 | 6:10 AM

Christina has been nasty from day one to Tony,,it is really getting old,,no class what so ever,,and she is WAY too fat to wear the outfits she comes out in,,,does she not watch the show ? Wonder if that was mean and nasty enough for her?

Phil May 07, 2012 | 10:57 PM

Tony was more popular in every vote against Katrina until the final one. Christina has been tearing him down the entire season and I think it is starting to effect voting. The coaches should not be there to bring the other teams' competitors down. Just make small comments on them, and let their own coach direct them. I don't know why she is like that toward him. I doubt it is any "old crush". I think she is just a loudmouth who believes that her opinions are more important than anyone elses.

Adr May 07, 2012 | 9:51 PM

Actually Jordon, America did like Katrina better. In the semifinal, if Adam split his votes evenly, Katrina would have won. Do the math. I like Tony. I liked Katrina too. I do wonder if Christina is faking Tony hatred to rally support for him. Either that, or she does have some serious issues with him and is NOT being reasonable.

Jordon May 07, 2012 | 7:58 AM

America didn't like Katrina better she was in the bottom most of the time!! Tony never has been and it's very true that Christina has had it out for Tony since day 1!!

Annie May 03, 2012 | 10:17 AM

I don't think it has anything to do with Christina & Tony's past. I think she is just authentically a fan of Katrina's, and Tony can't deal with it. I wish he would let it go already. Not everyone is going to love him!! He should just be grateful he is in the top 4 and stop whining about the fact that America prefered Katrina. Seriously!! If he's not happy, give the spot to Katrina who always appreciates everything.