Get The Gringo Getting May VOD Release

Certified crazy man Mel Gibson has a new film coming out, Get the Gringo. Will you still see it, despite his recent scandals?

GEt the Gringo out in May

The official trailer and movie poster for Mel Gibson's new movie, Get the Gringo, are now out, but the film probably doesn't need them. The film likely already has built-in interest, thanks to Gibson's recent freakout on a screenwriter for another of his films, The Maccabees.

Joe Eszterhas came out last week saying that he and Gibson have had heated altercations over his Jewish background.

"You continually called Jews 'Hebes' and 'oven-dodgers' and 'Jewboys,'" Eszterhas wrote in a letter to Gibson. "It seemed that most times when we discussed someone, you asked 'He’s a Hebe, isn’t he?' You said most 'gatekeepers' of American companies were 'Hebes' who 'controlled their bosses.'"

"You said the Holocaust was 'mostly a lot of horseshit.' You said the Torah made reference to the sacrifice of Christian babies and infants. When I told you that you were confusing the Torah with The Protocols of the Elders of Zion… you insisted 'it's in the Torah -- it's in there!' (It isn't)."

The letter was letter backed up with tapes featuring Gibson in full meltdown mode.

"'Why don't I have a first draft of The Maccabees? What the f*** have you been doing?'" Gibson screamed on the tape.

"I go to work, you're getting paid, I'm not! S***! I am earning money for a filthy little c***sucker who takes advantage of me! Just like every motherf***er! So hurry the f*** up!" Gibson added. "Who wants to eat?! Who the f*** wants to eat?! Go have something to eat! Hurrrrraaaaayyyyyy! F***! F***! F***! F***in' hate! F***ing c*** c***sucker whore!"

Some think the notorious anti-Semite is bipolar and off his meds, but he managed to keep it together to film Get the Gringo.

Oh, that's right — he actually has a film to promote. So, what is it about?

"Get The Gringo is an R-rated fastball down the middle for Gibson fans. Directed by Adrian Grunberg from a script he wrote with Gibson, the film has action, dark humor and plenty of violence," according to Deadline. "Gibson plays Driver, who, during a high-speed car chase with the U.S. Border Patrol and a bleeding body in his back seat, crashes into the border wall as he tries to escape. He survives, only to be placed inside a hard-core Mexican prison where he enters the strange and dangerous world of 'El Pueblito.' There, he finds unlikely survival guidance from a 10-year-old kid who shows him the ropes."

The film is set for Video On Demand release on May 1 with a theatrical release later this year.

Watch the trailer for Get the Gringo:

Image courtesy 20th Century Home

Will you see any of Mel Gibson's movies?

Tags: joe eszterhas

Comments

Comments on "Will anyone watch Mel Gibson's new film?"

dave chandler August 29, 2013 | 1:04 PM

i will not see anything with mel gibson

Wilhelm Wallhaus June 19, 2013 | 4:06 AM

The word being censored is ----. Is this South Park? Do I actually summon a demon when using that word? Are people stupid?

Wilhelm Wallhaus June 19, 2013 | 4:02 AM

Let me think, Mel Gibson, who was that again? Oh yes, one of my idols, the man who inspired me when I was a kid, the guy who starred in Braveheart and had me screaming at the screen in pure awesome goosebumpy excitement. Mel Gibson is a trademark. If he gets attacked and beaten up in a movie you simply know he's going to take revenge and you're gonna love every bit of it. He's the justice dad kids want who comes along to pick you up from school, sees you being bullied by older punks and ----- them up good. There are no limits to the things he would do in movies and that's what simple minds like me love about him - no political correctness, fear of retribution, weird priorities or anything. One Simpsons episode has him kill the entire US Senate in one heck of an exaggerated parody. I wouldn't vote him for president but it's movies we're talking about. He represents my demand for justice which cannot be found in the real world. And Apocalypto? ----! Hell yes, I'm going to keep watching his movies. I think this is another case of racism or anti-semitism accusations being used inflationarily. None of his movies have yet instilled hatred towards Jews or other religious groups in me any more than what these groups create for themselves. I have hated the English in Braveheart and sided with the Scots and I was very young when I had the movie taped on VHS and watched it up and down. Now what? I love the English culture: Music, mindset, language, humour. No hatred whatsoever. If Gibson has fallen into a rant and used anti-semitic expressions, well, ---- it. I have no idea how many people can stay politically correct when being angry. And it's not like he's going out there propagating how we should put the Jews back in cages. That's not in relation at all. I wish people could stop being so bloody sensitive about everything and focus on the real issues. We're only missing a rights movement that insists on the act of ---- sucking not being used as an insult and some black rights defenders who take down this site because it has a white background. Seriously. This mindless offending of his persona only victimizes him and makes him even more sympathetic. All he has to do now is stand strong and fans will admire him. Don't these fundies ever think before ranting?

belle January 13, 2013 | 8:23 PM

I think Mel is a great actor, Braveheart was an excellent movie. I would watch anything he is in. Go Mel.

Colleen July 18, 2012 | 8:35 AM

Yes I will. He is a sinner, but let the first one without sin throw the first stone. He has given (made) more positive films about Christ or with good family values or the autrocities that have happened that we would otherwise not know about than anyone else I can think of. I do not condone his bad behavior, but I hate the sin not the sinner. He is a brilliant actor/director. He does seem to exhibit bi-polar behavior and for this I (if he does have this horrific condition) pray he stays on his meds. I pray for him because he is a child of God first, but God has given him a "gift" to be used that can reach so many people. I believe Hollywood would love to see him fail. No one supported him in the making "Passion of Christ", but he did it anyway. God bless you Mel for not following the "norm". They don't want films like this. The Catholic Church took him in and helped him put his life back together and I hope he doesn't squander that away. I also pray that he gets the "grace" from God to love the Jewish people. They are God's children too. I don't stay up with what's happening to "Hollywood people", but if I have misstated any position on Mel's charater, I truly apologize. Go Mel Go!!!!

meg July 04, 2012 | 9:42 AM

ALWAYS...WHY NOT??? CHARLIE SHEEN CAN ACT LIKE A DEMON ON BATH SALTS...NO PROBLEM. MEL HAS A TEMPER AND CALLED SOMEONE A JEW AND WHAT DOES THAT MEAN. HE HAS JEWISH FRIENDS...YET EVERY LIBERAL FOOL IN HOLLYWOOD CAN CLOSE THEIR EYES TO ISLAMIC HATRED, WITH THE MANTRA OF TOLERANCE...BLINDLY SUPPORT PALESTINE WHICH LOBS ROCKETS AT ISRAEL ON ALMOST A DAILY BASIS, AND GET ON THE LITTLE HATE BOAT TRIPS AND WHAT??NO ONE NOTICES THE PURE AND TOTAL ANTISEMITISM IN THAT? YOU CAN'T SEE PAST THE HOLLYWOOD BUBBLE. THANKS MEL FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE...SPECIALLY PASSION.

Mike Anderson May 13, 2012 | 8:34 AM

100% agree with T Fox. There is a little group of people out to get Mel. Go see this film. It's actually quiet enteraining. Glad to see him back and in good form!!!!

T Fox May 11, 2012 | 4:23 PM

Everyone should watch Mel Gibsons new movie. What they shouldnt do is believe 75 percent of what the main stream media puts out. considering how popular reality shows are, it proves how shallow people in the U.S.'s society are becoming. I prefer stories if a person wants reality park your vehicle and go for a walk. Walk in Mel Gibsons shoes then make your decision. Surely dont believe what the media says. Apocalypto should have won every award it brought the viewer somewhere they could have never been. Unlike Avatar this place actually existed before Columbus did his thing committing genocide and ruining it. Now you can believe that!