Hilary Rosen Blasts
Ann Romney

Real Housewives of New Jersey star Caroline Manzo is fuming over some comments that Democratic pundit Hilary Rosen made about Mitt Romney's wife. Check out just how upset she is -- and why she says moms everywhere should be up in arms over the comments.

Caroline Manzo blasts Hilary Rosen on Fox News

As any fan would know, it actually takes a lot to make Real Housewives of New Jersey star Caroline Manzo upset. That is, unless you make a dig at her children or at her parenting style.

Well, CNN pundit Hilary Rosen hit that nerve when she blasted Mitt Romney's wife, Ann Romney, during an appearance on Anderson Cooper's AC360 on Wednesday.

"What you have is Mitt Romney running around the country, saying, 'Well, you know, my wife tells me that what women really care about are economic issues, and when I listen to my wife, that's what I'm hearing.' Guess what? His wife has actually never worked a day in her life," Rosen said.

Several notable people — including President Obama — have spoken out against the statement. Manzo did the same when she appeared on Fox News.

“I am beyond insulted by that remark. I speak I hope for millions of women across the country that are mothers whether you are a stay at home or a working mom. There is no job more difficult than a parents' job. To suggest that this woman who raised four or five, six children, I don’t even know how many is not worth her salt because she doesn’t have anything to say or give to this country because she’s a stay at home mom..." she fumed.

"Walk a mile in our shoes. Spend a day in the life of a mother. Whether or not you work at home or whether or not you work out in the field. Work is work and raising children is in your every fiber and your every being of your persona. So whether you work at your desk you’re thinking of your children, whether you are at home and your children are around your legs you’re thinking of your children and you’re trying to navigate through your day and you’re trying to wear a million different hats. You never have a day off; you never have a moment off until the day you die and probably beyond."

Manzo, a mother of three, wasn't done.

"So to suggest this woman doesn’t have anything to offer this country because she is a stay at home mom, you have just insulted every woman in the United States of America. That’s what you did and I don’t know how you’re going to come back from that. I really don’t, because now I look at you and I wonder what your mother has to say about that. What a slap in the face. There is nothing more important in this world than taking a child and raising it and setting it free to be a whole human being that can be in society and flourish."

"How dare you," Manzo directed at Rosen. "Shame on you."

Watch Caroline Manzo on Fox News

Image courtesy WENN.com

Whose side are you on? Caroline Manzo and Ann Romney's, or Hilary Rosen's?

Comments

Comments on "Caroline Manzo "beyond insulted" by Hilary Rosen"

Ralph lauren polo sale May 31, 2013 | 5:38 AM

Thanks to my father who stated to me on the topic of this blog, this blog is actually remarkable. Ralph lauren polo sale

Carol April 26, 2012 | 3:27 PM

Caroline, mind your own business. You have way too much time on your hands. Mitt's wife is from a different planet and cannot be compared to the average stay at home mom.

Samantha April 20, 2012 | 11:57 PM

Caroline is not my favorite person, so I intend to discount what she has to say. To begin with any person with any intelligence knew exactly what Ms. Rosen meant by her remark of Ann Romney. She was not putting down women who stay at home and raise their children. What she was getting at was not the fact that Ann Romney did not work and stayed home with her children, but that she had financial advantages that the average mother who stayed home with her children did not have. Ann Romney had help raising her children, she had servants to help her with the housework, she had cooks, etc. etc. How then could she relate to the average mother who stayed at home with her children and did not have these advantages. So Caroline can be devastated by her remarks just as most of us grin at how she treats her sons as if they were little boys.

heathercove April 20, 2012 | 6:22 PM

Right on Carolyn, I knew I liked you for a reason.The noise you heard was the democratic 'War on Women" just exploding in a huge cloud of smoke and mirrors. Maybe now they will be forced to talk about the last four years and what is plagueing our economy and country but I won't hold my breath.

dtrevi April 15, 2012 | 9:03 AM

will have to agree w/comments from Chris & Sonia: what no comments about Caine's remarks about women?!? Living with the amounts of money the Romneys have lived with for years, affords them a lifestyle that MANY mothers in this country would welcome. To have a nanny help take care of the kids is something I would have loved as a single mother when my children were younger. So no Caroline and fans of Mrs. Romney, you DON'T speak for me.

sonia April 14, 2012 | 4:02 AM

I think what she was eluding to was Mitt Romneys wife has never had a job and she has never had to raise her children on her own without the help of several nannies and staff.I don't think she was referring to normal women who are homemakers and soccer moms. Mitt Romney is wealthy meaning his wife has had a lot of help with her kids from hired nannies and such so she can go meet her friends for lunch and shopping and other leisurely activities unlike a normal stay at home wife who has her hands full with the kids and the house, ect..

Chris April 13, 2012 | 8:49 PM

But no comment on Herman Caine saying that "Women don't think about issues, the way men do". Going on Fox News... any credibility... GONE.

cindy anderson April 13, 2012 | 6:55 PM

Caroline, I totally agree with you! I raised 3 children and was a stay at home mom as well. It is definitely the hardest job and the most rewarding job, I believe a woman can have! My respect for you is even greater now! Thank you for speaking out for us mothers! You are a great role model for women everywhere, so is Anne Romney!