Less than a month after being ordered on complete vocal rest by her doctors, Celine Dion is ready to rock again.
"Celine Dion received good news last week during her follow-up examination with Professor Gerald Berke at the UCLA Medical Clinic," a rep for the singer said in a statement. "The rest that Professor Berke prescribed allowed Celine's vocal chords [sic] to recover from their weakened state and it is expected that she'll be back to 100% within four weeks time."
"Celine is scheduled to start working with her vocal coach Dr. William Riley in two weeks and will begin recording songs for her new English and French albums sometime in mid-April," the statement continued. "Celine returns to perform at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace Las Vegas on Saturday, June 9."
Dion herself spoke up to thank her fans for helping her through yet another vocal crisis, "During this recovery period, so many fans, many of whom were inconvenienced by the canceled shows, have posted kind words of encouragement on my website. I'm so grateful for their thoughts and their support… more than they'll ever know," she said.
The singer had been sidelined by a strained vocal cord at the end of February. "Obviously, this is the worst thing for a singer, not being able to do your shows," she said at the time. "I feel worse knowing that I'm disappointing my fans. I'm so sorry, I hope they forgive me."
Want to catch Celine on your next trip to Vegas? You'll have to wait until June. Her next run begins June 9 and wraps August 19. Get tickets at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace Box Office, www.thecolosseum.com or by calling 877-4-CELINE.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!