Kirk Cameron Backlash

Kirk Cameron has caused quite a stir since telling Piers Morgan he thinks gay marriage is wrong. See who is speaking out against his unpopular opinion.

Kirk CameronKirk Cameron spoke out against gay marriage, and now many of his fellow actors are speaking out against him -- except for the Scientologists, of course.

Twitter lit up with opinions from both supporters and detractors, but it was messages from Hollywood notables that really stood out -- especially one from his Growing Pains father Alan Thicke.

"I'll address kirk's comments as soon as I recover from rush limbaugh's," Thicke wrote. "I'm getting him some new books. The Old Testament simply can't be expected to explain everything."

Other industry opponents struck out against Cameron's sexual discrimination.

Craig Ferguson wrote, "Rush makes me ashamed to be a middleaged white man and Kirk Cameron makes me ashamed to be a failed actor. We don't all think like that NoH8."

Tracey Gold and Kirk Cameron square off on gay marriage >>

Jesse Tyler Ferguson wrote, "The only unnatural thing about me being gay is that I had a crush on Kirk Cameron until about 24 hours ago."

Debra Messing wrote, "I want to thank Piers Morgan for his response to what he wud say to HIS child if (s)he came out: 'Great, as long as you're happy.'"

Roseanne wrote, "Kirk or kurt or whatever Cameron is an accomplice to murder with his hate speech. So is rick warren. Their peers r killing gays in Uganda."

Dave Holmes wrote, "Remember yesterday afternoon, when Kirk Cameron's views were none of our concern? Let's restore America to that golden age."

Michael Showalter wrote, "Idea for movie: Human Centipede 3 starring Kirk Cameron and Rush Limbaugh."

Martha Plimpton of Meet the Fockers fame wrote, "The word 'equality' shows up too much in our founding documents for anyone to pretend it's not the American way. #usethe19th #equalitynow."

As for Piers Morgan, while he does not agree with Cameron's sentiments he did defend the actor's right to voice them.

Calling Cameron's beliefs "antiquated," Morgan told TMZ, "I felt that he was honest to what he believed, and I don't think he was expecting the furor that it created."

Tell us: Do you agree or disagree with Kirk Cameron?

Image courtesy Rachel Worth / WENN

Comments

Comments on "Kirk Cameron hated by nearly all of Hollywood"

Mark March 04, 2014 | 2:55 PM

In the article, Alan Thicke mentions 'the Old Testament doesn't explain everything'. I don't think we are looking to have everything explained by the Old Testament, we are looking for verification of what it says concerning laws established by God for the nation of Israel, which are clearly written. Then again, the same sentiment is echoed in the New Testament concerning not only the sin of homouality, but all the other listed sins ( see the short list in 1 Cor 6:9). We don't expect unbelievers to agree with what it says. We expect them to either disagree, change the meanings of what was said, or outright deny that they were said at all. I find this an interesting position for unbelievers since they actually do not read the Bible. If you asked an unbeliever to make a commentary on any other subject with which they had no familiarity, such as 'Astrophysics', let's say, they would be mute and ignorant, but the Bible, which they also know little or nothing about and certainly do noy carefully study, they are experts.

cinda johnson December 29, 2013 | 8:38 AM

The only thing I cannot stand, and pity about people is their lack of ability to naturally produce a child. But whatever you do is none of my business, or vice versa. I just feel sad none of you will never have the joy of combining your dna to create another you, naturally. It rocks. Women are so powerful in that they are able to birth children, no matter what life makes of them, or however they are born. I love them all. Peace and Love to everyone

Marilyn September 21, 2013 | 2:40 AM

I happen to be a Christian who supports marriage equality. Sorry to say that breeder is misinformed and is definitely stereotyping based on a few fundamentalists and extremists. The Old Testament dealt mainly with history and old laws; the New Testament is basically about loving others, and not judging others. So please, make sure you are knowledgable about something before you spout off. Kirk Cameron is one of the extremists, and I applaud Piers Morgan for his input.

Sherri March 11, 2012 | 7:06 PM

First, I want to say that Kirk Cameron had every right to state his beliefs. Everything he said is true. Those who get angry over what he said are those living a lie!! Now, to what "breeder" said about Christians . His statement is also a lie about Christians. I have never been told to kill someone with a different skin color than myself. THAT would also be a sin to even consider treating another race badly! Sounds like "breeder" has a chip on his/her shoulder!!

breeder March 09, 2012 | 5:52 PM

his acting is also very unnatural. guess that's why he sticks to bad movies made for lemmings in the craziest cult that has ever existed. you hear these whack jobs always talk about hitler too, but christianity has killed just as many and the count is still going. they cry for the unborn, but once your eighteen you better kill brown people or they think you're unpatriotic. why is it that those who have the most babies should have the most abortions too?

B J Johnson March 06, 2012 | 7:42 AM

So we who agree with Kirk Cameron are not allowed to speak our opinion? The left are so hateful.

Melissa March 06, 2012 | 6:29 AM

I did a research paper on this. Stating your opnion is not hate speech. When you promote violence, name calling and slander, it is hate speech. Why is it when anyone from Hollywood, TV, etc. talks against christians by slandering them and talking evil about them, it is not considered hate speech then? Kirk simply stated his opinion. It is called free speech and all of us are entitled to say what we believe in this country. Just because Kirk is not popular in Hollywood does not mean he is a failure. Christians view success in a different way than most people. As christians we love everyone, but are not supposed to condone sin of any kind. Even though we struggle with various sins in our life.We do not condone ours either. The bible clearly states that man should not lay down with man. If people want to make fun of that, then so be it. The bible does mention we will be persecuted for our beliefs. So, go ahead and make fun. We all will have to answer to God one day. It is not us christians your against, it is Jesus Christ our savior.

Lisa March 06, 2012 | 3:50 AM

So many in America have been brainwashed that we have to be politically correct. He stated his opinion. It doesn't have to be our opinion. There wasn't hate, name calling and he isn't out protesting s. Many of us love our children but do not like what they are doing. Before you know it we are all going to have to think the same.