Heaton Agrees With Rush About Fluke

Patricia Heaton joins the current contraceptive debate but backtracks over comments she made regarding Sandra Fluke. Heaton received negative attention over the weekend when she openly sided with Rush Limbaugh in the wake of his controversial statements about Fluke.

Patricia Heaton sides with Rush Limbaugh, apologizes.

You may have heard the controversy surrounding the comments made by talk show host Rush Limbaugh last week. While we won't get into too many details surrounding the firestorm, the Emmy award–winning actress Patricia Heaton put herself in the mix when she took Limbaugh's side last week via Twitter.

Rush Limbaugh started an uproar — and ruffled plenty of feathers — when he called Sandra Fluke a "prostitute" and a "slut" in response to her statement to Congress that birth control is a need for many female students in college. Fluke, who is 30-years-old, is a Georgetown University Law student and testified before Congress on the merits of requiring health insurance companies to cover the cost of birth control.

That's when Patricia Heaton chimed in on Twitter via a series of tweets. She wrote on Feb. 29: "Hey G-Town Gal: Plz let us also pay for your Starbucks, movie theater tickets and your favorite hot wings combo deal at KFC! Anything else?"

Rush Limbaugh sorry for calling Sandra Fluke a slut after advertisers bail >>

"Hey G-Town Gal: If your parents have to pay for your birth control, maybe they should get a say in who you sleep with! Instant birth control!"

Heaton may have received some significant backlash. Just hours later Heaton deleted her account and didn't restore it until Saturday when she issued Fluke an apology over Twitter.

"Just caught up on all the debater re Ms. Fluke's testimony. Mea culpa! We have diff opinions but I was too flippant in my attempt at humor"

Heaton continued:

"Mea culpa Sandra! Wasn't being respectful 2 u re my tweets as I hope people wd b w/me. Don't like you being dissed -so sorry."

About four hours ago, Heaton commented again on the story. "I apologized to Ms Fluke last week. I may not agree with her views but I didn't her with respect and I'm sorry. I was wrong. Mea culpa."

Mea culpa is a Latin phrase which translates to "my mistake" or "my fault."

Patricia Heaton is an open Republican and currently stars in The Middle on ABC.

Photo courtesy of Three Kings / WENN.com

Comments

Comments on "Patricia Heaton thinks you're a slut, too"

Allison August 28, 2012 | 11:28 AM

This is messed up. Of course college and health insurance should pay for birth control. We will have so many unwanted pregnancies if we don't. Patricia is also against abortion. So that equals even more unwanted children, or more younger mothers on the dole. I hate to break this to Ms. Heaton. Her taxes have been paying my birth control for 10 years. I am an Iraq combat vet who gets my healthcare at the VA. I have a disease called endometriosis, stage 4, and this moron thinks I should be denied I have to go to a pain clinic and take over 4 percocets a day for the last 7 years it's do bad, even with a partial hysterectomy it came back. I HAVE to be on birth control, or the pain will littetally kill me. The VA is paying me to do a research study it's so bad, how dare u try to take away my birth control.

J.J. March 12, 2012 | 7:46 PM

Thank goodness I don't live in America. It's 2012 and a major political issue is STILL contraception?! Why is it that other developed countries have moved far beyond this topic and US politics still focus on 1970's issues such as this? Seems like you're stuck in the past. And FYI, most health insurance covers male vasectomies. Does that make men s too? Or is it just women who can be , according to your politics. (Because, ya know, if a woman wants to have she's obviously a ! No room for middle ground)

Peg Sue C. March 11, 2012 | 1:19 AM

I love her show - The Middle! Love her for speaking her mind. Liberals want us out of their bedroom except when it comes to paying for happens in there.

Pete March 09, 2012 | 2:43 AM

I agree with both Patricia and Rush. Any woman who wants taxpayers to pay for her contraceptives is nothing more than a "Government Hooker". And a 30 year old woman like Fluke, that cannot even take personal responsibility for her lascivious lifestyle should not be looked upon as a hero....but rather a . My problem is this: why are all these Republicans apologizing? They have a right to their opinion, if others don't like it too bad. But when these liberals get upset if someone doesn't think as they and demand an apology, I get scared..because not allowing someone else to express their opinion or view is Anti-American as it takes away the individual's first amendment rights...freedom of speech. So, I will say it: Fluke's a !!!!

Zippsmom March 08, 2012 | 2:55 PM

I'm actually glad this stuff has come out. People talk about being anti-choice and seem quite rational, but the truth is that they are often anti-contraception as well. You'd think they would be pro-contraception, huh? but the fundamental issue is that they are opposed to women having control of their own bodies.

k-run March 08, 2012 | 1:11 PM

hope your comments come back to haunt you. hope you are blacklisted from liberal hollywood. glad you didn't have a daughter.

Amy March 07, 2012 | 3:47 AM

What ever happened to learning the facts of a situation before interjecting yourself into it? No one is asking you or any other taxpayer to pay for birth control. Health insurance companies agreed to provide it for free because it's a wise investment for them. It's much cheaper for them to give a woman birth control than cover the cost of a pregnancy, and with such a high rate of unwanted pregnancies in this country, it really is win-win.

Bebe Fisher March 06, 2012 | 4:35 PM

I didn't realize what a nasty, nasty person she really is- you can disagree with someone but you don't have to be so cruel about it, Rush's sweetie pie !!!

d. robertson March 06, 2012 | 2:46 PM

she's free to have her own opinions. as long as they are her own opinions. don't just say something cause it sounded cool when uncle rush said it. stupid dittoheads.

garth henkins March 06, 2012 | 10:59 AM

I saw a number of images that show her flashing a lot of cleavage...like a or a prostitute might.

Leisa S March 06, 2012 | 10:22 AM

These aren't even the worst comments she tweeted, such as: “If every Tweaton sent Georgetown Gal one condom, her parents wouldn’t have to cancel basic cable, & she would never reproduce – sound good?” -- Patricia Heaton "“Hey G-Town Gal: turn your underwear inside out! Then u only have to do laundry every 2 weeks – saves on detergent & trips to laundromat!" -- Patricia Heaton Heaton's a low class, angry, bitter woman. Saying these things to someone young enough to be her daughter shows the trashy side to her personality, and if you read "The Middle" Facebook page, you'll see how much damage she's doing to her own show. What a fool.

Phil March 06, 2012 | 9:59 AM

Patricia you are so right about time people like you tell it the way it is keep it up

M Sison March 06, 2012 | 9:52 AM

You are vile and disgusting! No one will watch your show! You ignorant moron! It is sad that you are raising sons that will sadly become and think like you.

phil March 06, 2012 | 9:51 AM

patricia you are so right the only thing you did wrong was when you apologized

Lizzy March 06, 2012 | 8:46 AM

Patricia, say bye bye to your luke-warm copycat sitcom.

Kate March 06, 2012 | 5:22 AM

Mrs. Heaton,You sad old clown.I am sure your healthcare plan paid for for your husband or you would have no kids!I like everyone on your show but you,hope they drop you and keep the show.That is the only way we would ever watch again.U R 1 Crazy ol Hag!

Dee March 06, 2012 | 5:22 AM

Have you ever seen a "physically" beautiful person? Thought they had the world by the tail......then they spoke. Boy can someone turn ugly fast!!!!!

Ann N March 05, 2012 | 10:38 PM

She is a complete mean-spirited, vile person. The hell with you Patricia - I will never again support or watch you in anything. I still remember your ad against Michael J. Fox. You are a complete disrespectful jerk.

P. C. Gibbons March 05, 2012 | 6:12 PM

Patricia - your an idiot! I'm putting you in the same category as Tom Cruise and Mel Gibson and will never willingly spend my money or time to watch anything your in ever again.