Kirk Cameron Blasts
Gay Lifestyle

Kirk Cameron was a guest on Piers Morgan's CNN show Friday and gave a definitive answer on his opinion of homosexual men and women. Find out what was so controversial about what he said.

Kirk Cameron speaks out against gay marriage

Former Growing Pains star Kirk Cameron drew some intense criticism after he appeared on Piers Morgan's CNN talk show Friday night and commented on homosexuality and marriage.

Namely, the evangelical Christian actor doesn't believe in it.

"Marriage is almost as old as dirt, and it was defined in the Garden between Adam and Eve. One man, one woman for life till death do you part. So I would never attempt to try to redefine marriage. And I don't think anyone else should either," he said. "I think that it's unnatural. I think that it's detrimental, and ultimately destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization."

"So do I support the idea of gay marriage? No, I don't."

Cameron — now involved in the evangelical ministry The Way of the Master — added that he wouldn't support it if one of his six children came out to him.

Kirk Cameron slams Stephen Hawking on religion >>

"I wouldn't say 'That's great, son, as long as you're happy.' I'm going to say, 'There are all sorts of issues we need to wrestle through in our life. Just because you feel one way doesn't mean we should act on everything we feel,'" the older brother of actress Candace Cameron Bure told Morgan.

His words angered gay rights groups, prompting a scathing statement from GLAAD.

"In this interview, Kirk Cameron sounds even more dated than his 1980s TV character," said Herndon Graddick, Senior Director of Programs at GLAAD.

"Cameron is out of step with a growing majority of Americans… with an increasing number of states recognizing marriage equality, Americans are seeing that marriage is about committed couples who want to make a lifelong promise to take care of and be responsible for each other and that gay and lesbian couples need equal security and legal protections. That's not 'redefining' anything."

The Fireproof actor found an unlikely ally in someone, though: Piers Morgan. The outspoken talk show host — also known for his controversial comments — commended Cameron for sticking up for his beliefs, even if they are "antiquated."

Image courtesy Rachel Worth/WENN.com

Do you think Kirk Cameron should have spoken out on his views?

Comments

Comments on "Kirk Cameron: Homosexuality is "unnatural""

Silas September 23, 2012 | 5:09 PM

Yes, it's freedom of speech and freedom of religion. Christianity views homouality, along with many other ual sins, a sin. So do not bash Kirk for expressing his views as the homouals do everyday.

Jaismom August 09, 2012 | 10:53 AM

It not just a Catholic view..its in the Bible which all Christian churches use. Its HIS opinion and one held by many. He has a right to how he believes just as much as anyone else. Like sin,one intolerance is no greater than another. If you want tolerance, you should practice what you preach.

llang43 April 24, 2012 | 5:01 AM

Yes, I think if questioned he should speak out. I even "agree" with him. God created man and woman for each other. I'm christian and I believe this. If you read the book of "Romans"....it doesn't get any clearer than that.

Ana March 12, 2012 | 2:41 PM

Good for you, Kirk! I am sick of the agenda trying to force their opinion down our throats...And by the way, America as a whole does NOT accept the homoual lifestyle. He was asked an opinion and he has the right to answer the way he believes. I pray that there will be many more people to stand up to what is RIGHT and MORAL. Read your bible and you will know the truth!

Lezbhonest March 11, 2012 | 4:26 PM

no. simple as that. shut up KC.

Mia March 11, 2012 | 10:34 AM

Those of you who are bringingreligion into this are quite ignorant. Not everybody is Catholic. That's why people came to America. To practice religion freely. While i do not agree with people getting married i do not think that other people should tell them they are not allowed to get married. The Government is based on freedom of religion. If they believe in a god who would allow people to become married then i believe they should be able to do so. People are unfairly judging other people. According to your views on the bible it may not be the right way, but to someone else's views it may be allowed. People think marriage between a man and woman is a "sacred bond" it's the same thing to a man and a man or a woman and a woman. They can be just as in love as a man and a woman can be. The only difference is that they can't be baby machines which,in a world with 7 billion people, is fine by me. Everyone just needs to mind their own damn buisness. Why do you care if two people get married? How does that affect you? It doesn't so mind your own buisness and worry about YOUR marraige.

Jason March 10, 2012 | 8:45 AM

"...with an increasing number of states recognizing marriage equality, Americans are seeing..." The states that have begun to recognize marriage have done so through the small group of people in their legislature, not through popular vote. It is not that Americans are supporting this nonsense, it's that they are having the immorality imposed on them.

Diana Roll March 09, 2012 | 3:20 PM

Good for you Kirk Cameron! I am sick to death of the homoual lifestyle being shoved down the throats of all Americans. Everyone has a right to express their opinions, even the homouals. However, homouals do NOT have the right to force others to agree with them. Children should NEVER to forced to learn that homouality is acceptable! We are blasted with the so called idea of 'tolerance' (as long as you agree with me) from the homouals. Of course the homouals are not in the least tolerant of other's positions and they will never rest until their perversions are accepted as NORMAL. We need many more Kirk Camerons in this world who will stand up for common decency and truth!

A_Voice March 09, 2012 | 2:17 PM

They asked for his opinion and they got it. He has a right, just like everyone else, to say what he believes. I, however, do not agree with his opinion. I am glad though that he is not being a hateful jerk. He seems to think though that being is a choice. It isn't. Nobody wakes up one morning and says 'Hey, I'm going to be straight.' It doesn't work that way, same thing goes for homouality. As you get older, feelings arise, and depending on what gender depends on what you find attractive in your mind's eye. You cannot change that. I believe that there should be marriage equality. Nobody is trying to redefine marriage.People complain how the 'Homoual Agenda' is being shoved down Americans throats, well so are the strict ways of those who a devout Christians/Baptists/Whatever. Like something I saw on the internet once 'If you don't like marriage, don't have one.'

Coco March 08, 2012 | 11:54 AM

Go, Kirk! I'm glad to see that not everyone in movieland wants to promote homouality. While I personally don't find marriage to be such a wrong, I do think it is being shoved down our throats. And people are considered "intolerant" when perhaps they just want to uphold tradition.

Victoria March 08, 2012 | 1:00 AM

I completely agree with this man. And I think it is amazing that he has the guts to speak his thoughts, I applaud you sir! Even though he is getting hell form a lot of people, what he is doing is amazing! I am so glad someone is not to cowardly to speak up for what he believes. And for everyone who is pissed at this guy, well guess what! doing what you want is not a one way street, you can just be all yes for !!! then be blowing the roof when some says no i don't want that for me or my kids! what happened to OUR freedom of speech? :)

Just a few thoughts here. March 07, 2012 | 7:01 PM

What troubles me deeply about Cameron's, and most of my fellow commentators', comments is that they believe that homouality is a choice. Which it isn't. If society, with the way it is, ostracizes anyone who so happens to be , why would anyone logically choose to be socially isolated like that? Even if it were a choice, ultimately, that's the decision for the individual and the individual alone. There's is nothing unnatural about love, and that is simply what marriage entails. Homouality is not a form of sickness, psychosis or the result of psychological trauma: it is just another part of a human being. Now, I found this article on a parenting website. It is another extremely alarming and sad thing to know that most of these commentators will not accept their wonderful children just the way they are, if say any of their children were to summon the strength to come out to them. Kirk Cameron can believe and say all he wants. The constitution protects him. That doesn't mean, however, that he's right. Or that he can use scripture to discriminate against another human being.

Aislin March 07, 2012 | 6:58 PM

I agree he was asked a question. Man is entitled to his opinion I don't agree with people who disagree with Marriage but they are entitled to the opinions. They only thing we can do it stand on one side or the other and that is our choice. Just as the GLADD explained it is the new century were they are changing the way marriage is but I don't think that necessarily means that activists are trying to redefining it, just put it in the same perspective that straight couples view and I as a Christian women see there point. I think love is love.

DeMarcus March 07, 2012 | 3:00 PM

I agree with Kirk. It's nice to see someone who believes what the bible say speak confidently about an issue so sensitive. Hopefully his words will help someone get deliverance from this unatural lifestyle. Way to go Kirk!

jackie jacques March 07, 2012 | 10:50 AM

I am so glad that there are moral people in the entertainment business that are not afraid to publish personal convictions in the media. Why should GLAAD or any other person be upset about these comments, backed by very intelligently explained and supported by the Bible, if they do not feel like what they do is unnatural. It is unnatural and I am very weary of those who commit this type this particular sin trying to make me accept it as natural. Yeah for you Kirk Cameron!

Susan G March 06, 2012 | 10:31 PM

Kirk was simply asked that question, and he answered it. I agree with him 100%. It is unnatural. People can do anything they want and it doesn't make it right. What's worse is the Homoual Agenda that is shoved down America's throat, and we are supposed to support it and not disagree. They now want to teach that it's okay to school-age children and now think they should be able to marry each other! Does anyone even have a brain anymore and be bold enough to stand up and say it's wrong - stupid and wrong! Yep, Kirk Cameron! I applaud him and know millions of Americans thinks just he does - me for one.

jon March 06, 2012 | 2:29 PM

i think Kirk Cameron is entitled to his opinion. Just like the rest of us in the world, we want to be heard and respected. In this case Kirk was asked for his opinion and he said it.

Tom March 06, 2012 | 2:01 PM

Hooooray for Kirk Cameron. He has spoken his mind and it is not the beliefs of a few,it is one of the majoity.A man and a woman are the only way to produce childeren. This union is and should be protected by marriage.The "Close Friends" relationship will not produce children, never has never will.

Exotica March 06, 2012 | 1:45 PM

bloke was asked for his opinion, & he gave it, including the necessary facts behind his conclusion surprisingly enough, this particular piece of scrap journalism goes after him for it; twisting the situation to seem as though the bloke's a big bad antagonist, assaulting others without provocation, when he was simply answering an interviewer rather hypocritical on the part of the GLAAD organization as well. Observe their statement: "Cameron is out of step with a growing majority of Americans… with an increasing number of states recognizing marriage equality, Americans are seeing that marriage is about committed couples who want to make a lifelong promise to take care of and be responsible for each other and that and couples need equal security and legal protections. That's not 'redefining' anything." consequentially, Cameron's "out of step" with Americans, not for the reasons given, being incorrect & nonsensical in nature, but because he disagrees with an equality advocacy group similarly, the previous comment furthers the impulsive organization's hypocritical double-standard by stating with apparent enthusiasm: "who the heck cares what his catholic views are on marriage? If he wants to be a baby machine, thumping bibles- good for him- just leave the rest of the world out of it" this bloke's comment is nearly as intolerant as the blatantly biased juvenile who composed this unfortunate piece of scrap journalism

So? March 06, 2012 | 1:18 PM

Everybody else spews their opinions. Why should he get any flack just because he thinks it's unnatural for a man to stick his hoohoo up another man's butt?