Bobby Brown Banned

Is Bobby Brown banned from Whitney Houston's funeral? Sources say yes -- but the family may be focusing their anger on the wrong person.

Bobby BrownTurns out it's not his prerogative after all. Bobby Brown is being banned from Whitney Houston's funeral by family members who blame him for starting the singer down the path of destruction, a source told Extra TV.

Rather than hold a large, star-studded event like the memorial for Michael Jackson, the family of Whitney Houston has instead decided on a private, invitation-only funeral at the church where she honed her craft as a choir singer. That invitation list will not include Bobby Brown.

Whitney Houston's cause of death >>

In fact, several of Houston's family members have reached out to Brown to let him know that if he shows up to the church he probably won't be allowed in and that he is being blocked from seeing the couple's daughter, Bobbi Kristina, according to TMZ.

Many in the family blame Brown for Whitney's fall into drug addiction and ruining her public image with the reality show Being Bobby Brown -- but people close to the "I Will Always Love You" singer say that there is no one to blame but Whitney herself.

Bobby Brown devastated over Whitney Houston death >>

"We were all around a lot of drugs," the Grammy award-winning Broadway star Jennifer Holliday told Piers Morgan. "I hate to say that she had started before she had met Bobby Brown."

"At that time, when Whitney had started and had become a star in the '80s, we were just around it all," Holliday explained. "It had begun, we were around it."

Janet Jackson remembers friend Whitney Houston >>

A close friend of Houston's agreed.

"Bobby Brown did not start Whitney Houston on a road that led to her death," the insider told E! News.

"It was Whitney herself. I think even she has admitted that. And Bobby never forced her to do anything. These were her choices."

Whitney Houston's funeral is scheduled for Thursday, Feb. 16 in Newark, New Jersey.

Image courtesy WENN.com

Comments

Comments on "Is Bobby Brown banned from Whitney Houston's funeral?"

Mike February 18, 2012 | 8:30 AM

I'm not blaming Bobby. But I think he didn't help the situation.He was probably into it like her. It happens all the time. Some people can get out and some can't. She needed someone around her that kept her straight. These people need this all the time or they will slip into it again. They need a 24/7 baby sitter. They have a addictive personality. They should let Bobby come. It was long time ago and people do change. I'm sure he loved her.

Indhira February 17, 2012 | 4:15 PM

Smh I'm sick and tired of people blaming him for her downfall! She was an adult and made her choices, thats how she decided to live life! And if this is true, they should be ashamed of themselves! First of all they have NO right to restrain him from HIS daughter! She can even move in with him if she wants to, thats her dad nothing is gonna change thatx not even the family grief! It's sad they're acting that way out of grief, I've seen photos in Bobbi kris's twitter of her and her parents, even after their divorce they got along very well and had a good time as family. Whitney wouldn't be happy with that!! Not at all

LOIS W February 16, 2012 | 11:55 AM

I AGREE WITH THE FAMILY-BAN HIM!!! HE'S TOXIC, WAS WAS A THORN IN HER SIDE, ANY MAN THAT SPITS ON HIS WIFE IN FRONT OF THEIR CHILD IS THE LOWEST FORM OF LIFE. LET HER GO OUT LIKE THE QUEEN SHE IS WITHOUT THE TRASH BRING IN THE DARK CLOUD!!!!!

da_tina February 15, 2012 | 3:06 PM

I think that it is sad for whitneys family to try to keep bobby away from her funeral. How can you call yourself christians? He did'nt make whitney do anyrhing! I don't think that she would be pleased with their decision.

Ada February 15, 2012 | 10:18 AM

think Bobby should be responsible for Whitney downfall.she has her own mind and she choose to do drug and became addicted.Bobby is Bobbi kristina father and there is nothing that family can do.whitney daughter is an adult and she can demand her father's presence at her mom funeral and there nothing the family can do about it.We all love Whitney but we hate the fact the she is gone.I think Bobby Brown still loves Whitney and he should be given a chance in her daughter's life.

lyvewyre42 February 15, 2012 | 8:39 AM

For the family not allowing Bobby Brown to attend the funeral is just plain crazy. You can't blame the man for her downfall. She had her own mind and was completely responsible for her own actions. The family need to rethink their decision.

VAMOM February 15, 2012 | 5:36 AM

Oh, for heaven's sake. Let Bobby come and pay his respects, if that's what he wants to do. I know the public's perception is that Bobby led the innocent Princess Whitney into temptation and destruction, but I used to hear rumors of some very unsavory behavior by Ms Houston MANY years ago, early in her career and long before her involvement with Bobby Brown. In fact, while "everyone" was in shock when the two of them got together, based on what I already heard "through the grapevine", it seemed that he was probably just her type.

Roxanne C February 14, 2012 | 11:26 PM

They should be ashamed of themselves as Christians and not allow blame to even be a factor! Whitney would be so saddened by this outcome! She was sick and she died from her sickness, that's it that's all! Bobby did not condemn this women and she told you all that herself. RIP Whitney!

Mrfaisel34 February 14, 2012 | 9:33 PM

This is just what I was thinking. I blame Bobby Brown for Whitney's downfall--totally. Whitney had everything except the good man she wanted so desperately. If Bobby attends the funeral, he should be feeling a multitude of mental daggers aimed at him from the audience and the world. I think it would be best if he just met up with his daughter afterwards to give her support.