Welcome To The World, Bates Baby 19

The Bates' baby 19 has arrived! Watch out Duggars, your time as TLC's largest reality television family may soon be coming to an end.

Duggar family

It's a boy for the Bates! The family, friends of the Duggars featured on TLC's 19 Kids and Counting, are now equal in number of offspring. Baby boy Jeb Colton Bates was born on Feb. 1, the 19th child of Gil and Kelly Bates.

"You would think with your 19th child, you wouldn't get excited and nervous," Gil Bates told People of their son's arrival. "But I was as nervous with this baby as I was with our first."

Baby 19's arrival isn't the only thing the Bates family is nervous about -- they're set to soon have their own one-hour special air on TLC! Though the family, longtime friends of the Duggars, has appeared on 19 Kids and Counting during visits, this will be the first time the Bates are an episode's main subject.

Duggar photo scandal! Amy victim of extortion plot >>

"It is very exciting, and we're nervous, too," admitted Kelly Bates. "Our biggest desire is to be real. The Duggars have helped people. We talked it over with the children, and everyone likes the idea of helping others. It is not wonderful all the time. We have the same struggles everyone has."

The Bates, who share the Duggars' belief to allow God to determine the number of children they will have, is comprised of the following 19 children who all live at home:

1. Zach, 23
  14. Isaiah, 7
  15. Addallee, 5
  16. Ellie, 4
  17. Callie, 2
  18. Judson, 1
  19. Jeb, newborn

During previous episodes of 19 Kids and Counting featuring Duggar and Bates family get-togethers, the possibility of a courtship between the two family's sets of children has been mentioned. No word of any official Duggar-Bates romances yet.

Will you be tuning in to watch the Bates' TLC special on March 27?

Image courtesy of Scott Enlow/TLC

Comments

Comments on "Bates family matches the Duggars' 19 kids"

SHELLEY WHITNEY June 01, 2013 | 7:21 PM

I LIKE BOTH FAMILIES EQUALLY. GOD IS GREAT!!!

Ew Nothanks May 10, 2013 | 9:30 AM

hell no I won't watch. enough with these crappy reality shows. so glad I'm 46 and know what real good tv used to be.

KAREN December 08, 2012 | 6:47 PM

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THE BATES SHOW IT WAS A DECENT FAMILY SHOW DOESNT SEEM LIKE THEY WERE GIVEN A CHANCE I WATCHED THE FEW EPISODES THEY HAD AND LOVED THEM ARE THEY COMING BACK ON IF NO WHY

debbie August 22, 2012 | 3:06 PM

i like the bates family alot better then the duggars their more down to earth which that is how the world is today if am not wrong i think each person on the show gets a check so thats alot of money being made it seens every show the duggars have a new car or the other when u got poor people out in the world living on the streets and barely eating all the kids get a check and the poor kids are watching them i think their should be more on the bates then duggars the duggars are boring thank you

Promomm August 07, 2012 | 4:33 AM

You bet I'll watch! I love the Bates as well as the Duggars. I can feel God's spirit eminating from both families. I admire their faith and seeing how they live out that faith daily.

betty coatney July 27, 2012 | 5:55 AM

no i will not i believe the duggars have helped this family so much i'm afraid that another show like this will hurt a well beloved family.

k June 09, 2012 | 6:24 AM

Mrs. Bates has to take certain meds to help her hold a pregnancy..according to the episode I watched of them. She is the one who told that. Why would she keep getting pregnant if she has to take meds to help her? She already has a full house. I wonder how many other couple out there have this many biological children?

k June 09, 2012 | 6:18 AM

they probably need the money from TLC, too. If others can do it, why not them.

Jon February 14, 2012 | 10:40 PM

Yes, I'll definitely be tuning into and watching The Bates Special!

sh February 12, 2012 | 8:17 AM

not watching they look creepy