Tracy Morgan Responds To Family Accusations

Heard the one about Tracy Morgan refusing to help his own mother pay the bills? The actor has responded publicly to the family drama.

Tracy Morgan, Megan Wollover

Confused as to why Tracy Morgan won't help his own mother avoid foreclosure on her home? The 30 Rock comedian insists that he's estranged from his family, and he won't be getting into the gritty details publicly.

"I am saddened that these untrue stories about me have people questioning my commitment to my family," Tracy Morgan said in a statement Thursday.

Divulging little else about what's behind the Morgan family rift he added, "For reasons that are between us, I have not seen my Mother in 11 years and outside of a random call here and there have had little to no contact with my sister."

Tracy Morgan, pictured here with future wife Megan Wollover, was accused of being a d*****bag by sister Asia Morgan in an interview published Tuesday.

An "exhausted" Tracy Morgan hospitalized at Sundance >>

"My mom's house isn't extravagant, but it's her home, her health is failing. She has diabetes and her legs are giving out on her," Asia explained. "She has a son that can do and she's done everything that she could possibly could [sic] for her family."

She went on to say, "Because of the way he's treating our mother, all bets are off. He's never been a nice person. And money's just made it worse."

Tracy Morgan, reportedly upset that his family has gone to the press, added in his statement Thursday, "We all have personal family issues that we have to deal with in life, but I choose to deal with mine in private and not through the media."

Do you think Tracy Morgan is right to refuse help to his estranged family?

Image via WENN

Comments

Comments on "Tracy Morgan: I haven't seen my mother in 11 years"

EARL THE PEARL June 18, 2012 | 2:46 PM

SHAME ON YOU TRACEY, REGARDLESS OF NOT SEEING HER FOR 11 YEARS SHE NEEDED YOUR HELP TO SAVE HER HOME & YOU HAD THE MONEY TO HELP HER I BET YOU GIVE THAT GIRLFIEND EVERYTHING SHE WANTS MAN THAT'S YOUR MOTHER. YOU PROBABLY WILL BE PUNISHED FOR THAT NEVER FLY SO HIGH BECAUSE YOU WILL COME DOWN.

Dana February 05, 2012 | 2:28 PM

You people don't know anything about the history between Tracy Morgan and his mother. You can't tell this man to forgive and just give the money. That's HIS money, HIS past, and HIS pain. You don't know what he's done for his mother and how she has or has not appreciated it. You don't know what kind of upbringing she provided for him. Going to the media and trashing her son? That should tell you right there that she's a cold hearted hood rat. She's just reaping what she's sown.

Patrice February 05, 2012 | 11:08 AM

It's so sad to me. Forgiveness isn't for the other person, it's for the one doing the forgiving. It heals and set's one free. Forgiveness doesn't mean you want the person in your life, that would be a choice. You don't have to have them in your life but honor your mom and watch the blessings that come from that. I've always told my daughter and son, if a man does not love his mom and honor her, he won't be a good spouse/mate. Look at Tyler Perry, he has nothing to do w/his dad yet his dad lives a great life. Likewise w/Oprah. She and her mom aren't close at all but she takes care of her. Karma!!! Watch out Tracy.

Neicy February 02, 2012 | 8:33 PM

WOW! SOUNDS LIKE RESENTMENTS. IN SPITE OF FAMILY DIFFERENCES, HOW COULD YOU NOT SEE YOUR MOM. HOW COULD YOU NOT WANT TO SEE HER AND SQUASH THE PAST ISSUES. ITS UNHEALTHY TO HOLD GRUDGES. AND THAT WOMAN HE IS SUPPOSE TO MARRY OUGHT TO BE ENCOURAGING HIM TO TALK WITH HIS FAMILY. HOW WOULD HE FEEL IF HIS CHILD REFUSED TO SEE HIM. COME ON, THIS IS SERIOUS. WHAT WAS SO BAD THAT HIS MOM DID THAT SHE CAN'T BE FORGIVEN FOR. I WILL KEEP THIS FAMILY IN PRAYER.

jettola February 02, 2012 | 2:14 PM

Mother of 4 - I agree with you. Take care of your Mother. Send the money to the bank to insure it is being used for the purpose you intend. $25k to him is nothing - he makes more than that for one episode. However, has he helped her in the past and she squandered it? Refinanced and has herself back in the same position? I am sure there is more to this story than we know, but comeon Tracy ~ this is bad publicity, take care of this. Mother of 1 - This isn't Mother of 4's mother, nor does she make Tracy's money. My sisters and I take care of our Dad who was very abusive and is still a liar, but will always be our Dad. He is our responsibility not the responsibility of our Government or the State.

Gigi February 02, 2012 | 2:05 PM

11 years huh. Still ur mother and family unless they really did something wrong and God forgives how come u can't If u think u might not ever need them maybe not but blood has always been thicker then water. Put ur wife and kids first. ok But these are the people who u were raised with. May God bless u anyway or maybe u cant because u still need more. Alway good 2 give then 2 recieve.

The Mother of One Son February 02, 2012 | 1:24 PM

To The Mother of 4 Sons, why don't YOU send her check if you're so sure she's deserving!

From The Mother of 4 Sons February 02, 2012 | 12:58 PM

...he hasn't seen his mother in 11 years? Well???? Nobody is asking him to START seeing her now!! She is asking for assistance! Nothing more. She didn't ask his black azz to come see her!! As a matter of fact, don't go see her...send a $CHECK$!!! ...stangers help people in need! He can write it off as charity on his taxes. His own sister said he isn't and has never been a NICE person. No sister would say that to the media unless it is true and need his attention to the issue. They are in need for God's sake! Mother or not! Where is his compasion? ...he should GIVE her the money, if for nothing more than good PR and not have allowed it to get this far. If she "isn't good with money"....or uses it to do other things (we all have family members like that)...he could send the payment to the bank himself!!! THIS ISN'T our business, but since he is a public figure and wants us to watch his shows...well; WE ARE WATCHING!! There are ways to take care of this debt for her--without "seeing" her..since he is so appauled by that idea! She obviously still loves him! Just get the money to your your mother FOOL!