Some artists work overtime to ensure fans have a neck-breaking good time at their concerts.
That's a campaign promise R&B star Jason Derulo takes very seriously.
Perhaps a bit too seriously.
Derulo -- aka Mr. Jordin Sparks -- was badly injured while preparing for his European tour earlier this week. The 22-year-old singer wound up in a neck brace after a concert rehearsal went terribly wrong.
The singer was rushed to Memorial Hospital West in Pembroke Pines, Florida for treatment. Derulo has since been released, but doctors said the injury could have potentially paralyzed the "Whatcha Say" singer.
Jason will have to continue wearing the neck brace for the next few months. That means bad news for fans who snapped up tickets for the European leg of his Future History World Tour.
The trek had been due to kick off in Glasgow on Feb. 23. Jason would have eventually wrapped up his run at London's Wembley Arena on March 1. Derulo's injury, however, means all forthcoming tour dates and promotional appearances must be canceled. Shows in Birmingham, Manchester and Cardiff will also be effected.
On Thursday, Warner Bros. Records issued a press release regarding Jason's injury. In the statement, Derulo said:
"To all my fans who planned to come to the Future History World Tour, the pain of letting you down cuts me way deeper than this injury I've sustained. My fans mean everything to me, so I'm praying for a speedy recovery in order to perform for you in the near future."
Jason's most recent album, Future History, dropped in September.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!