Dog And Family Dealing With Personal Issues

Dog the Bounty Hunter is back for 2012! Find out what sort of shenanigans brought in millions of viewers during its Wednesday night debut.

Dog the Bounty Hunter back with record ratings

Duane "Dog" Chapman and his family of bounty hunters snagged nearly 2.9 million viewers for the first episode of Dog the Bounty Hunter for the new season, according to the network.

"The eighth season premiere was cable's most-watched entertainment show in the 10 p.m. hour last night and A&E became the number one entertainment cable network in primetime among adults 25-54 and 18-49 for the night," the network said in a statement.

Dog the Bounty Hunter Colorado sheriff feud >>

This season is poised to explore some family problems within the large Chapman family — daughter "Baby" Lyssa Chapman's March arrest will air on an episode, as will tensions between Chapman and his oldest son, Duane Lee.

Life is never simple for Dog and his wife, Beth Chapman. The crime-fighting duo is also going through a custody battle with their nine-year-old grandson.

"We just have a steady stream of officers wanting to come in to do 'welfare checks,'" Beth told Hawaii News Now of a "misunderstanding" between their grandson and the boy's father.

Nicolas Cage bailed out by Dog the Bounty Hunter >>

"I love you, dad. This is Travis. I want to go home. I don't like it here," the boy told his father also named Travis. They gained custody after an audio recording surfaced that allegedly showed the father beating the child with a belt.

"I've told (my grandson) that daddy is not gone forever. Daddy has to go to school and you know what he told me, 'will they really tell him not to hit me anymore?' I said yes they won't just tell him they'll make sure, and he goes (big sigh) 'good,'" Dog said.

It sounds like they'll be dealing more with family drama than criminal drama this season.

Image courtesy Michael Wright/WENN.com

Did you watch Dog the Bounty Hunter Wednesday night? What are your thoughts on the new season?

Tags: dog the bounty hunter

Comments

Comments on "Dog the Bounty Hunter hunts down incredible ratings"

pondhopper April 18, 2012 | 7:21 PM

I smell some sequels in the mix. They have copied American Chopper in "creating" fake family tension and you all have bought it. Hook. Line. Sucker. Just look at Lelands brand spanking new website. Spin-off cause daddy dog wants to retire and can't run after the chubby hawai'ians and meth rats anymore.

Jim March 20, 2012 | 7:21 PM

I used to love watching this show until it turned into a joke. I got so sick and tired of watching Beth and Dog scream and cuss at every fugitive, calling them dirtbags and all of that. Then they would talk all nice to them after they were caught and talk about how much they help people and how good they are. I only wish that when Dog and crew were arrested in Mexico and when Lyssa was arrested for being a belligerent drunk that they were all treated the same way. Nobody is perfect... not all criminals are bad people... and you will reap what you sow.

flafreethinker February 16, 2012 | 10:27 AM

I have watched quite a few episodes of this show. I keep wondering if this family has ever heard of birth control. The same goes for the "victims" and other criminals shown. I really think Hawaii needs to put B.C in the water supply. I have never seen so many mistakes in my life. Is that what your travel and tourism wants to project?

My2Cents January 29, 2012 | 4:18 PM

Beth is the YOKO ONO of this family! She is usually at the root of every disagreement in the family. Dog acts like he's afraid to stand up to her, she must know something really scandalous that she's hanging over his head.

Me January 21, 2012 | 12:33 PM

With as big of a family as he has it is no wonder he has a few family troubles. As for the custody suit, I hope the most suitable person helps the boy. As for the dad Travis, OMG, possibly beating a child with a belt. If they sort it out on TV like they did about the Andrew Luster aftermath maybe that will be a good thing that why they show the haters they are trying to make the world a safer place. I do hope they can pull it together and are happy together. If you like the show yay! if not they are a lot more tv shows on than just Dog

Carly January 17, 2012 | 1:36 PM

I love this show and I put it on my tivo every week and it a great show and it better never go off the air

guest January 15, 2012 | 10:12 PM

I used to like the show years ago, but now with his wife so involved, I usually don't watch. Honestly, she ruins it for me. She is controlling, loud, y and acts just like a man. She acts as if it is her personal show. Too bad, it used to be fun to watch.

don January 14, 2012 | 7:54 AM

This is without a doubt the dumbest show on TV. This "Dog" with automatic weapons at the ready goes after people who have outstanding warrants. The only problem is that many of these are for traffic violation and minor infractions of the law. I don't think an untrained "SWAT" team should be allowed to do this. It endangers the people in harms way.

Nicole January 05, 2012 | 8:10 PM

I loved it. This show is one of the best on tv, its a reality show that shows real life not just what they think will bring in the ratings.They are stupid if they ever try to cancel it.