The Nate Berkus Show's Final Bow!

After just two seasons of bringing us clever home decor ideas, The Nate Berkus Show is ending.

We have to wonder, will Nate Berkus go out with a cleverly decorated bang when The Nate Berkus Show takes its final bow in May?

It seems like only yesterday Nate Berkus began suggesting colors and materials for our living rooms on his new show and now it's over.

According to a report via The Hollywood Reporter, The Nate Berkus Show will continue to shoot as scheduled and wrap season two in May, making this the final season.

According to the report, Harpo Studios and Sony Pictures Television said in a statement, "After careful consideration, we have decided that The Nate Berkus Show will not return for a third season in the fall."

The statement went on to say, "We are grateful for the hard work and heart that Nate, [executive producer] Corin Nelson and their entire team have poured into the show, and we're very proud of what they've delivered."

Nate Berkus, who wasn't on the receiving end of high ratings, said in his own statement, "I'm incredibly proud of my hard working and talented staff, and proud of the show we were able to produce every day."

The daytime talk show circuit is changing with the times, but there is also a familiar face of the past heading to our TVs again.

It was recently revealed that Ricki Lake is slated to make us say "Go Ricki" in 2012 with her new 20th century talk show.

Then there's Jeff Probst who will be trying his hand at daytime with CBS Television Distribution.

What do you think of the decision to not renew The Nate Berkus Show for a third season? Were you a fan?

Head over to our comments section and sound off!

read on for more tv

Kevin Federline collapses in the Outback

Reality Steve being sued

WGA nominees announced

Photo courtesy of WENN.com/Joseph Marzullo

Tags: nate berkus

Comments

Comments on "The Nate Berkus Show to end after two seasons"

Nola Walls June 17, 2013 | 1:31 PM

I'm sick, I love watching the Nate show, it meant so much to me, and I looked forward to it everyday. I have had a lot of let downs in the past year, but a least I could watch Nat, now I don't have that. It's just so sad, I wish you would come back.

Yolanda April 23, 2013 | 5:48 PM

Nate,am very saddened to hear your show has been cancelled for the 3rd season. Sorry to say this but in reality it's ALL ABOUT MONEY for those involved. Your show is a breath of fresh air, fun and educating for those of us that unfortunately can't afford the expensive items. Nate, I never had the pleasure of meeting you in person and would've loved for you to come to my house to help me make it more livable but I do wish you the very best and thank you so much for all your hard work as well as your staffs.

Yvonne Lumsden February 02, 2013 | 6:52 PM

Miss the Nate show, I can get it but who wonts to get up a 6:00 am, I look forward watching in the morning with my coffee

Bethany Card October 04, 2012 | 7:04 AM

I am really gonna miss "The Nate Berkus Show". Everything he had on the show was great! Don't think you should have discontinued the show.

Jane bouchard October 03, 2012 | 1:06 PM

The Nate berkus show had become my favorite show. I am very disappointed it is canceled. He had wonderful Ideas for decorating on a budget. I say bring him back I am A big fan .

Susan October 02, 2012 | 8:33 PM

It's just not the same without Nate. Katie just isn't cutting it for me.... Miss you Nate.

Jean Richter October 02, 2012 | 8:34 AM

Where is my program? I watch Nate every day. I work my chores around the time he will be on. I am so disappointed to learn his show has been canceled. I love his program and learn so much from it. Please put him back on TV.

Leslie Martans September 27, 2012 | 2:17 PM

So sorry to see the Nate Berkus show go away. It was so refreshing to have a decorating show for the everyday person that gave great solutions for the average decorating needs. Loved his small room styles and use of recycling and refurbishing old furniture. Now it is replaced with another boring talk show with nothing more than a bunch of opinions and celebrity gossip. Now I just turn the TV off because there is nothing worth watching. Reality TV is so boring, predictable and staged. :((((((((

Tracie policastro September 25, 2012 | 5:25 PM

I have watched every episode of the Nate Berkus show and I am extremely upset that it's leaving. Someone better wake up the shows producers or whoever decides that stuff before it's too late. Wake up I said ! Nate has helped a whole lot of people with his show and it's a crime to put a stop to his kind of loving generosity. Why don't you just put an end to christmas too while your at it. Think smart people,be smart.!

sandy September 25, 2012 | 8:48 AM

I loved the Nate show. Very upset about this.

Michelle September 25, 2012 | 7:31 AM

I have been searching to see if it was airing some other time! So disappointed to see it gone. Nate has a special talent not just in design but in warmly relating to his audience. What a loss!

Sue September 21, 2012 | 2:01 PM

I am seriously missing Nate. He was an easy companion during lunchtime, and I haven't found a satisfactory replacement.

Carol September 19, 2012 | 2:40 PM

I agree with the other comments - Nate show was great. Hope someone else pick it up. Luckily, I have options - no TV being one.

Mary September 17, 2012 | 1:40 PM

Really bummed that Nate wasn't renewed! His show was awesome. His decorating ideas and DIY projects gave me the confidence to make some of my own changes. There's nothing else like it on TV. Will certainly NOT be watching any trashy replacement talk show. Miss you Nate. Hope you find a home on a different channel. If so, I wanna hear about it!

jean swick September 16, 2012 | 11:30 AM

This was the only daytime show I watched. Now more yakety-yakety shows. Who cares about all those celebrities the media keeps pushing at us? Not my friends. I won't be watching.

Phyllis September 14, 2012 | 1:30 PM

Can not believe you took the Nate show off. I will not be watching Ricki Lake...Nate had a really fun,quality, informative show, with great guests. What were you guys thinking?!!!! We don't need another TALK show...we need Nate who helped us in our everyday lives with many subjects..not just decorating..I do hope whomever is in charge will reconsider and bring Nate back. Please

Deb September 14, 2012 | 12:58 PM

Daytime television has lost a great show. Nate Burkus had a variety of people and activites going on during that time slot. It added a great change from the typical talk shows and game shows. To be replace by Ricky Lake and Jeff Probst is definitely a downer. As one of the other viewers mentioned- "I'd rather watch the Weather Channel or CNBC." Maybe another channel will decide to go with a program like Nate's if not Nate's!!!!!

Barbara K. September 14, 2012 | 7:10 AM

We are very disappointed that the nate berkus show is gone. We loved watching his show as he is so talented and such a great guy. Hope he will return and soon.

Michelle H. September 14, 2012 | 2:24 AM

Shocked to see the Nate Berkus show gone. His show grew on me slowly and became part of my daily don't miss shows. Great job Nate and you'll be truly missed and remembered by your fans! Even more shocking to see Rikki Lake in his spot. Who wants to hear that? Not me. Maybe I'll get to the gym during that time slot :)

Cherie September 13, 2012 | 1:22 PM

I AM SO SO SAD! The Nate show was the bright spot in my day. I even watched the reruns. It was upbeat and happy. I'm sick of all the talk shows! Nate is intelligent and genuine. I always learned something. ( and that Mr. Goodwill hunting, wow) There is nothing that compares to the delight of his show. I miss it very much.